fbpx

What is the method to your collecting?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone What is the method to your collecting?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Ive never tried creating a poll or using that feature and wanted to see how to do one. Plus, I had a question in mind that I thought would be cool for a poll, for kicks. If I foul this up, show mercy! Seems you have tons of options to choose from! So, I went a little nuts- it’s my first poll and I had fun. Hope you do too!

Pegasi1978
    Participant

I’m one who focuses on a specific creature – most of my collection is hoofers. But then I also have added in a few other pieces that I like (two fledgling dragons, a curled dragon and a griffin). The griffin was a piece I always wanted, but could never afford until now. As the family for him is released I plan on picking them up as well so he still falls under the specific animal.

For once, now that the hoofers are done (in black), like you, I plan to go after the black sunset griffin family. I hope I get to see them produced and Im glad they will *not* be LE or LPs.

Ha! In order to see results for my own poll, I had to vote. I chose “I buy what I like when I see it” one. That has been true of most of my collecting of Windstones. But NOW is different- Im focused on the blacks over all. Hmm- was that a choice? I certain color of every sculpt? I think so and cant look back until I hit submit on this post.

I have the black hoofers families save for the baby unicorn (and black grand but that wont happen so I have the white with plans). I have the BG dragons I want (curl and mama coiled) and would now like to focus on getting my wonderful Sunset Male Griffin his family. Hopefully they are high on her priority list (as well as the Grand Pegasus to complete the hoofers). Id love the large bird wing black and white flap as well as the black and white wizard cat (and replacing my small black and white flap… tho if those were still being sold, Id have collected all flappers but I wasnt around and probably couldnt have afforded them… tho if it were prior to 2001, I could have gone for anything here or on eBay).

If I have to sacrifice/make a decision between the above and the new Flion(s) that have been discussed, I need to go for the blacks of those breeds above before the Flion, despite how important the new Flion would be to me as well. Anyway, it’s nice to see how ppl collect as I expect a range of results- tho I may be surprised.

WolfenMachine
      Participant

I just get whatever is cheapest. There are a handful of retired pieces I’m still looking for, so when something comes up, I need I’ll try for it. Usually a particular piece makes it to the top of the list (like right now I’m hunting gothic and black unicorns) so I’ll try harder for those. My ultimate goal is to have every dragon in every color. Right now I’m focusing on Gold. I get the bigger pieces first (Emperors and Old Warriors and then laps, then male, mother, fledge, young)

Well I started with just wanting the dragons and then I came to the forum and now I just gotta have them all. 😆

WolfenMachine wrote:

I just get whatever is cheapest. There are a handful of retired pieces I’m still looking for, so when something comes up, I need I’ll try for it. Usually a particular piece makes it to the top of the list (like right now I’m hunting gothic and black unicorns) so I’ll try harder for those. My ultimate goal is to have every dragon in every color. Right now I’m focusing on Gold. I get the bigger pieces first (Emperors and Old Warriors and then laps, then male, mother, fledge, young)

Hey Wolfen, where do you go for Windstones in the Houston area?

Skigod377
        Participant

Where is the “I buy everything” option? 😆

Aldana
          Participant

So far it’s been what I can afford and get In the UK. If I could though I would collect a specific colour range.

I Would love an Old Warrior one day.. any Old Warrior!

skigod377 wrote:

Where is the “I buy everything” option? 😆

😆 Either the All of The Above optino or the I collect whatever catches my eye at the time option (both choices could be made for your case)

ALDANA: in answer to your signature, I would say, “will he offer me his hunger?” 😆

Aldana
            Participant

yay finally some one replied to my sig!!! *happy dance*

I Would love an Old Warrior one day.. any Old Warrior!

Maria
              Participant

I never thought about having a method, but I’ve settled on the OWs and Spectrals and I want them in all colors. But aside from those, I love the candlelamps and gargoyles and the Poads and the griffins chicks…

Travistie
                Participant

This is a great question/poll!

So…I have my own little ways of collecting. I am very picky… so only collect the dragon sculpts that I like, and in the color I like. I’ve decided that I’m just sticking with dragons and Poads. I started on the griffins… but decided not to, and sold one already. I still have a chick I gotta sell. 🙄

I have mostly LP pieces in my collection… and like those better anyway than the current regular production pieces. I do have 1 production piece though… that being the gold Emperor I just got from Emerald last weekend. I had to have him. He is gorgeous, and I love him so much! I’m still thinking of a good name for him. 😆

Purplecat
                  Participant

I like to have an example of each color that windstone has done. Then I go through and figure out which molds will suit that color best and I try to get 2 or three of each color so that I feel like I’ve got a fair representation of that color. That may not have made much sense….

It made sense to me, PC. 🙂

I generally buy just the sculpts that I like in the colors that I like. I liked the idea of collecting a representative of each color, so I decided to start collecting the young dragons in each color. They are big enough to show the color scheme of the larger dragons, but small enough to not take up so much space. 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.