fbpx

WHAT I HAVE FOR SALE: updated 10/21/07

Home Forums Administration Flea Market WHAT I HAVE FOR SALE: updated 10/21/07

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author

Greater Basilisk wrote:

I took the rest to PM. I’m sorry, PhoenixTears. πŸ™

No problem and thanks for respecting my wishes and taking it to PMs. Funny thing is Im still trying to find out on eBay how the heck you found that panther anyway. Im going through all kinds of searches and cant seem to do it. You dont have to explain but it’s funny.

Anyway, no tears and no worries πŸ™‚

Maria
    Participant

Thanks for being forgiving. πŸ™‚ I’ll PM about how I found the panther.

The EDIT function is acting a bit funky so to be clear on what is SOLD thus far, I’ll tell you here. Already sold are:
      MOTHER DRAGON WHITE
      SMALL PANTHER GARGOYLE
      YOUNG EMERALD DRAGON
      HATCHING EMPEROR DRAGON PEACOCK

Thank you and I hope you continue to look and shop!

Maria
      Participant

I’m glad they’re selling, PhoenixTears. πŸ˜‰

GB, I finally found that darn listing for the panther gargoyle on eBay! I had already looked high and low just out of curiosity as I had one and was selling it (as it’s now sold and going to such an awesome home I might add πŸ˜‰ ) and now that I found it I cant believe I missed it. It wasnt an over site but I just handt looked in that corner yet πŸ˜†

Hey guys, I actually have a couple more MINT Windstones to sell but didnt list them because I SOOOO dont want to part with them; aside from the horses, theyre my FAVE pieces. Im not officially putting them up yet but how interested would anyone be in a:

LION SCONCE

SMALL WINGED SPIRIT WOLF

GRIMALKIN CANDLELAMP

WIZARD CAT CANDLELAMP (with electric cord rather than votive & the cauldron has a place to put an incense cone)

SMALL BAT WINGED BLACK FLAP CAT

Maria
        Participant

I’m glad your panther is going to a good home, and that you found the E-Bay Stores one. πŸ˜€
          As for the other pieces, I’d be interested in a few but I could only offer PayPal, so no go. Besides I’m about to max out my credit card anyway. 😳

Yea, I cant do PayPal until next month because theyre redoing my acount for me. I was on the phone with them for an hour the other day (NOT and 800 # I might add) because their server wasnt allowing me to add my main card and remove my other ones, etc. Then I had ghosts accounts (ones I tried to build from the ground up when I couldnt get into my original account) so I had them delete those. So now Im just waiting for my bank statement for that “Extended Code” so I can verify that with their server and then I’ll be good to go again (that could be bad news in a way) 😈 Well, not that I have the money to spend anyway so not really bad news I suppose.

Here’s a stupid question… Ive only ever paid with PayPal. How do you accept money with PayPal and where does it go? Into my bank account that Im verified with?

And just out of curiosity, what piece were you interested in? You dont have to give me a quote, Im just curious what piece tickled you. PM if you dont want to say here.

Maria
          Participant

The grimalkin and the Critic are both on my to-buy list. But they’ll have to wait. Sorry I can’t get them from you.

When you accept money over PayPal, it lands on your PayPal account. When you log in, you see you have x number of dollars at your disposal. When you buy something, those get used first. There is a way to get it onto your bank account, but I don’t know how.

Skigod377
            Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

There is a way to get it onto your bank account, but I don’t know how.

You just click on ‘withdraw’ and hit the ‘transfer funds to your bank account’ link. πŸ™‚

Maria
              Participant

Ah. Well, I usually spend my PayPal dollars too quickly to bother about sending them to a safe place. πŸ˜†

Jodi
                Participant

You can also have them mail you a check, but that costs something in a fee. It’s much easier to have them transfer them to your bank account (checking or savings, whatever you have connected to it). If you only have a credit card connected, you may have to use the check option. Or connect a bank account too.

My bank account is connected to my PayPal account so Im gathering from what you guys are saying that when someone pays me through the PayPal option, that I would transfer those funds to my checking account- which is the account I have hooked up with my PayPal. I have a credit card hooked up too but Id transfer the funds to the bank account of course.

That was helpful. And those of you with experience with this… it hasnt caused you pause or made you nervous or anything? No nightmares, etc? Sorry for my naivete but Ive only ever paid with it, never received from it so I dont know.

GB- as for the Critic, so far no one has shown an interest in him at all, so he could quite possibly still be around whenever your funds replenish. He’s just sitting here… being a critic πŸ˜› The Grimalkin has got to be my favorite piece (outside the horses which of course arent being sold) and I paid a pretty penny for him so I knnow I wont let him go cheaply. I may very well just die with him still in my possession because of that, but, I never say never.

Thanks guys for all the input! It’s most helpful. I may be back to ask you eBayer’s some questions about their fees as a seller for the pieces I can’t generate interest in here. But in all seriousness, Id SO much rather my Windstones go to someone from here than someone from eBay simply because it’s obvious everyone here is a Windstone treasurer and true lover & collector. I hope my hand isnt forced but if it is, I would have some of those question which you guys might be able to help me out with (I read the eBay Help pages but it’s so greek to me).

Pegasi1978
                  Participant

I’ve transfered money from my paypal account to my bank account several times and never had any problems with it. It just takes a few days for the money to actually be deposited so don’t try to spend the money the same day you transfer it.

Jodi
                    Participant

I’ve been with PayPal since 1999 and have never had an issue.

Just don’t fall for those phishing emails that tell you that you need to log in to verify your account by clicking “this” link, or the ones that say an email address has been added to your account so you panic and click on the link in the email. That’s how you lose your account or your identity. Just forward these messages to spoof@paypal.com and delete them from your email.

Make sure you always go into PayPal from either a new window or a link through Ebay (and not an Ebay email, but a new window that brought up Ebay). There are also some businesses that will let you pay with PayPal through their site, like Windstones and my own web site. Things like that are legitimate too. If you ever have any doubt about something, go into PayPal afterwards, through a new window, and change your password.

Thanks for the advice ladies! And the support.

Emerald… I know! I got those emails sooo many times but being a native NYer (well, I dont live there anymore and miss it terribly), Im on guard by my own nature. I never fall for anything in emails (PayPal or not). In my eyes, everything is SPAM. If I dont recognize the address… “DELETE” without even opening it. Im my own best filter πŸ˜†

But yea, having been on eBay since 2003 and using PP since then too, Ive come across those emails too. I remember when PP sent out those official emails with that very link you kindly provided there in your post, to let them know about potential poachers. And each time it happened, I reported the scoundrels. Where it went from there I dont know. As long as it didnt get to me, my account or ID, I dont care. God, karma or whatever you believe in will take care of it in one way or another.

However, I do thank you for bringing that up in your post in case others reading here have not heard of it. It’s good for them to be informed and lots of ppl of all ages read this forum so it’s great knowledge you reiterated there.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.