fbpx

we have a new neighbor >:(

Home Forums Miscellany Community we have a new neighbor >:(

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Andrea
    Participant

Can you say survielance cameras???
      I would be waiting up just watching for him. With my 9mm 8)

“You don’t see the sniper on the roof…You don’t see the sniper on the roof…You don’t see the…” πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† 😈

Wouldn’t you prefer .45 with better stopping power, Phoenix? Right idea either way. πŸ˜†

Phoenix wrote:

Can you say survielance cameras???
      I would be waiting up just watching for him. With my 9mm 8)

that and community watch was spoken of very little at the last community meeting . the head of the HOA said a police presece would drop home values and that cammeras were just too expensive .

I say if the police bring down the value then how about having only cinder for a home ..Our HOA is a scam they only have one to get money and the people on the boards pay nothing . we havent gotten any upgrades to the community the whole 6 years we have been here , no block get togethers in the summer nothing .

I bet when thier house is hit the cammeras will go up real fast , then the folks who have been hit should sue

Bob

skigod377 wrote:

😯 😯 Uh…. no housewarming gift for him… I hope.

Sounds like his house will be warm enough!! hehe πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Andrea
        Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Wouldn’t you prefer .45 with better stopping power, Phoenix? Right idea either way. πŸ˜†

I’m better with my Browning. πŸ˜‰

Cameras are cheap. We set them up around our house just for fun and we caught a hit and run driver just by chance.
          At the very least set them up around your house.
          Or get those beam alarms that when something crosses the beam it make either a huge noise and scares the guy away (no fun) or a low pitch ding dong sound inside your house to alert you there is someone there.
          Oh and a pit bull named “sic balls” πŸ˜€

Phoenix wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Cameras are cheap. We set them up around our house just for fun and we caught a hit and run driver just by chance.
          Or get those beam alarms that when something crosses the beam it make either a huge noise and scares the guy away (no fun) or a low pitch ding dong sound inside your house to alert you there is someone there.

I have my Sharps ready for him, its a Civil War black power rifel, .70 cal with sniper site on it , ill post some pics the rounds are almost 2′ long full of powder. and if that doesnt do it it has a 2″ sword bayonet… I also have a .45 colt revolver black powder so im good on fire arms πŸ˜€

Andrea
          Participant

Necron99 wrote:

Phoenix wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

I have my Sharps ready for him, its a Civil War black power rifel, .70 cal with sniper site on it , ill post some pics the rounds are almost 2′ long full of powder. and if that doesnt do it it has a 2″ sword bayonet… I also have a .45 colt revolver black powder so im good on fire arms πŸ˜€

Black powder??? 😯
            Lemme tell you a story…
            We went shooting with my dad who was a BP fanatic. We snuck out my mom’s collection of crocheted dolls she had made, but never did anything with…
            We set them up all in a pretty row waiting for their demise.
            Mike took his single shot 45-70 pistol and blew one up. I think all that was left was the DNA of the cotton plant that was the stuffing.
            I took my little .22 and blinded another.
            Our friend Timmy took his .44 Winchester and blew the head off another.
            Dad steps up…. Kablam…Poof…The doll kinda moved I think. We walked up to the doll and sure enough, it had a black mark on the bib and the yarn was a bit charred. Bullet lying next to it 😯 πŸ˜†
            Needless to say, we weren’t really impressed with the BP guns.
            We were thinking how the heck did they kill anyone on the Civil War… Did the bullets get under the skin and cause infections? πŸ˜†

ive never had that kind of problem with my BP. I do know a few years back they recalled some power that didnt flash properly and when you would clean the gun the rest could go off by the friction. They also recalled some blasting caps , the german ones because they too were duds and once in a while the wing would fly off a get in the shooters eye.

We shot a pig leg a few years back with the .45 and it got disinigrated . I know weather and a lot of other factors weigh in on BP .

As for what the bullets did ..here is my civil war site , since i do medical its all on there i dont want to bore folks with that stuff if they dont like it
            http://www.mdfieldhospital.com/

come get some fire bug

Well that’s not pleasant having an arsonist in the neighborhood. I’m quite the admitted pyro but I try not to burn things that are illegal to burn. Much. Usually bonfires (not house based) or fireworks…

I guess we will find out what happens when the guy tries to light your house on fire Necron… 😈

twindragonsmum
            Participant

go get ’em Necron! 😈 😈 😈

tdm

Why would the presence of cops, police cars bring down the value of a house? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, more like poppycock to me. Now if you said, ‘the presence of crack-whores would devalue our homes/neighborhoods’, I’d agree. 😎

The rent-a-cops ride around here in county funded cop cars; not so sure how all that’s going to work out now with all the budget cuts. But they can only ride down the roads that are paved, which many of them around here are not. But it certainly does not devalue our property/homes.

The biggest threat around here are usually the pedophiles. But who really looks at a DOC online site when they consider buying a house? And people really should, it’s staggering how many derelicts we have in our country neighborhood.

Arsen isn’t really an issue out here, though a trash fire gone awry is a real concern when you’re living on the edge of a forest during drought periods, which we were this year. As of now, the fire fighters mostly have to deal with fires started by Mother Nature herself, lightning! I came upon a spot riding my horse 2 days ago that wasn’t there the prior weekend, which thankfully, the road/fire break contained it. As the crow flies, it was less than 2 miles from my location and burned a nice chunk out of the forest. 😯

But back to the point, why/how would the presense of a cop/police cruiser doing rounds through the neighborhood devalue a home? If that’s coming from someone in your HOA group ….

like i said our HOA is a scam, its run by four people that started it only 8 years ago. they get cash from every one and threaten with leans if you dont pay , yet they have never put in a dime and from all the money we have put in we dont even get the snow removed from our street

Pegasi1978
              Participant

I’d report them to the BBB or some other authority. That’s just wrong. 😑

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.