fbpx

Visit to the Factory

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Visit to the Factory

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    lamortefille
    Participant

I’m sorry it didn’t work out, but what a great experience for you! Thank you for posting the pix! Just look at all the goodies. *sigh*

BlueDragon
      Participant

Ooooh! Look at all the Gargoyles! πŸ˜† So awesome!

Sorry the painting thing didn’t go through! I love the unicorn you painted, though! V πŸ™‚

Andrea
        Participant

Just out of curiosity, what does constitute a good airbrush painter at Windstone? Did they mention what specifically you did or didn’t do well enough to get the job?
          Not that I’m looking for a job, I’m just really curious!
          Great pictures! I hope the trio of cats has a claico somewhere in there!

Phoenix wrote:

Just out of curiosity, what does constitute a good airbrush painter at Windstone? Did they mention what specifically you did or didn’t do well enough to get the job?

Well I know I don’t qualify specifically for a production painter, but they are thinking maybe I can help out in multiple areas. A production painter needs to be fast and accurate in matching markings on either side of a sculpture and making them all look the same and spraying with out loosing the detail. I was really good with the air brush, but I’m waaay too slow to be cranking out tons of sculptures complete every day. The time you are suppose to apply an antique coat to all the pieces around the table the first one should be dry enough to wipe off; the first one got too dry before I even finished spraying it completely ^^; It takes a while to get up to speed for trainees I understand, but I’m a big perfectionist and don’t care how long it takes to get it right and windstones can’t afford that time really.

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

Nuke wrote:

Phoenix wrote:

Well I know I don’t qualify specifically for a production painter, but they are thinking maybe I can help out in multiple areas. A production painter needs to be fast and accurate in matching markings on either side of a sculpture and making them all look the same and spraying with out loosing the detail. I was really good with the air brush, but I’m waaay too slow to be cranking out tons of sculptures complete every day. The time you are suppose to apply an antique coat to all the pieces around the table the first one should be dry enough to wipe off; the first one got too dry before I even finished spraying it completely ^^; It takes a while to get up to speed for trainees I understand, but I’m a big perfectionist and don’t care how long it takes to get it right and windstones can’t afford that time really.

Yea, I’d probably be the same way. I’m way too anal and everything would have to look PERFECT! LOL

Got a busted Windstone?
            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
            Tattoo Mother Kirin
            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Andrea
            Participant

LOL, yeah, I guess that would be an issue! I hope you can still join the windstone crowd!

Adaneth
              Participant

Thanks so much for posting photos, and I hope you find a way you can help out over there! πŸ™‚

Skigod377
                Participant

Thanks for the photos! I love the little cats and the cat candle lamps… but that little calico cat cradle is something I would love to have! And I didnt realize the bears were so big!

WolfenMachine
                  Participant

Wow Nuke! That is so super awesome! Your grand unicorn is beautiful πŸ™‚ If Melody ever wants to rehome him, I’m sure he’d have no problem finding a new home πŸ˜‰ I mean, I’ve got a spot on my shelf! hehe πŸ˜‰ Thanks so much for posting pictures!

WolfenMachine wrote:

Wow Nuke! That is so super awesome! Your grand unicorn is beautiful πŸ™‚ If Melody ever wants to rehome him, I’m sure he’d have no problem finding a new home πŸ˜‰ I mean, I’ve got a spot on my shelf! hehe πŸ˜‰ Thanks so much for posting pictures!

It wouldn’t be possible because he is a reject cast specifically for painters to practice on (he had pin size bubble holes all over him) but I’m sure you can squeak enough to Melody to paint something of a raffle prize or Ebay in that color πŸ˜‰

Maria
                    Participant

Wow, Nuke, I like that Grand Unicorn. I bet it’d be fun to work for Windstone.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.