fbpx

Violet Flame

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Violet Flame

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Kiya
    Participant

I’m really just curious (and the search keeps timing out so I apologize if this was answered before).

Everyone seems to love violet flame. And it doesn’t seem much more complex than some of the other color schemes that have been offered as a more common production or LP.

So why not more of these guys? I’d love to see a restock of the fledge (LOVE), but orientals, mothers, males, emperors, etc would be fabulous in this.

Was it a red issue? Or are these just a nightmare to paint? πŸ™‚

SQUEAK*** I would love to have a fledgling and a young in the violet flame color! I would have to agree with you, it does seem as if everyone is wanting violet flame dragons.

WolfenMachine
      Participant

Why not more? Because it requires a bit of the red paint that Windstone has had so many problems with. But last I heard, the paint was working, only in small doses. πŸ™‚

This is my favorite color scheme of all time, to date-even over the complicated ebay colors-I would be happier than a clam to own a set of Violet Flame dragons painted to match the little fledgie.

Azurielle
        Participant

uhh….violet flame..least favorite color so far. When I got my fledge in this color, My roomate, Brighstar called him the “Pimp” dragon, since his colors were so loud, and the blue antiquing was so…clashy?

Keeper of the Fledgings

Melody
          Keymaster

It was a red issue. I could try doing them again, but I don’t know what the red color will do!I need to experiment with our red paint and see if it can be made to behave. I haven’t had time to work on it!

We have more pressing problems at the moment, the antique we have been using for years has been discontinued by the company and the replacement antique they sent us doesn’t work well. This is a major problem!

Rachel
            Participant

We have more pressing problems at the moment, the antique we have been using for years has been discontinued by the company and the replacement antique they sent us doesn’t work well. This is a major problem!

Oh no! If it’s not one thing, it’s another. With as many items as you guys have been working so hard to get out the door, it would seem that you would use enough antiquing to keep them from discontinuing it.

Nicole
              Participant

yes I would agree I am one waiting for more violet flame dragons but I can see how it might be challenging now that the red paint is different.I haven’t been too enamored with the current colors coming out but I would definitely be back in the collecting game if this color was done on more sculpts πŸ™‚

Nicole
                Participant

but i also wanted to add I dont like the blue antiquing. My fledgie doesn’t have it and I haven’t liked the photos of the ones that did have it. I would also love to see dragons like the blue flame that was auctioned last year. Lighter Blue with orange. The only thing i didn’t like about him was his belly scales weren’t orange like his under neck and tail scales but I think that would make an awesome bright LP or production color and as far as I know it doesn’t use red does it? I just want some bright colors other than amytheist πŸ™‚

Azurielle if you don’t want the fledgling please sell it to me!

Azurielle
                  Participant

πŸ™‚ I can’t. Even if he’s my least favorite, the only scuplt I buy in every color is the fledgeling. Can’t break up the set.

I didn’t know there were violet flame fledgies without the blue antiqueing! I would like the color better without it…maybe I can find a trade…

Keeper of the Fledgings

yolanda
                    Participant

I didnt know any came out without the blue antiquing either. I have one of these guys but the only reason why i like him sooo much is cause this one doesnt have much of that blue on him at all !

Lupuslunae
                      Participant

the more you guys talk about these little cuties the more I want one! Blue antiquing? Sounds awesome!

darjeb
                        Participant

I just took another look at my Violet Flame Fledgie and he doesn’t have any blue on him where is the blue supposed to be?

I also took a look at my curlies since my list shows VF1 and VF2. One has blue on the neck and at the bottom the other one does not unfortunately I don’t remember which is VF1 and which is VF2 Can anybody tell me?

Oh well, it was worth a try but I understand πŸ™‚ That’s what I am trying to do as well! I am getting close though, the fledglings and youngs I have left are the ones that are very hard to find.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.