fbpx

Verrrry Odd Packing

Home Forums Miscellany Community Verrrry Odd Packing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    fatalbeauty
    Participant

well feel free to share your odd stories and here’s mine….

opened my door today to find a U-haul box wrapped with black tape, finally get that off to see magazine pages crumpled up in it….pull those out, oddly black taped over towel with the price tag still on it wrapped box is uncovered…..got that off, priority boxed closed with priority stickers…..inside that, a card, open that up, weird heart shaped hairpin a piece of paper with thank you written on it and the card is a birthday card….next, tiny like reusable bag for the grocery store but small also with tag still on it….in that, non bubble wrap priority envelope, get that off, another priority envelope, get that off and finally the Windstone! not my picture, it’s from the Ebay listing….

mytabbysiamese

4 things I'm looking for:
      1. Mother Meerkat
      2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF, Brimstone would be awesome!
      3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
      4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

dragonmedley
      Participant

I think you win, and on a bunch of different levels too!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

pipsxlch
        Participant

At least they took some (very strange) care. Unlike my lap that arrived in a laundry soap box, the kind where the flaps don’t meet in the middle, with a handful of paper towels and that’s it. Amazingly the dragon survived without a scratch.

Melody
          Keymaster

Ha. I once bought a model horse from eBay, and because it was a model that had a very fragile tail, I specifically asked for it to be packed in such a way that the tail would be protected from breakage. When It came, the tail was poking through the thin plastic bags used as packing and through the cardboard box! Miraculously, the tail wasn’t broken… but still, sheesh, good job.

fatalbeauty
            Participant

two more just for fun….

1. one time I ordered a MLP Luna, she came in a little Velveeta Cheese box with no packing whatsoever…she was fine but the box was barely bigger than she was…..

2. another time, I ordered a hatching pegasus, it came in a big box, the pegasus was wrapped in many smelling of cigarette smoke sweatshirts, hatching peg was fine but he reeked so had to spend several days next to a candle before I could be anywhere near him……

pipsxlch: wow, surprised it made it okay in that kind of packing…..

Melody: eep! I hate it when they don’t listen to packing instructions…..

4 things I'm looking for:
              1. Mother Meerkat
              2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF, Brimstone would be awesome!
              3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
              4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.