fbpx

Unicorn sketch, 1981

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Unicorn sketch, 1981

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

That’s pretty! I had not seen that one before either.

Jennifer
      Keymaster

I have seen that print before but I don’t know how many were sold. Maybe Melody has an idea!

Melody’s prints tend to be fairly numerous but as they were marketed under Alberti Designs, they are not so easily tied in with Windstone by the folks that may own them so it ‘seems’ like they are less common. I believe- and don’t quote me here- that Melody has had prints of her work sold for longer than they have been producing Windstone figurines. There are probably a good number of Melody’s prints out there and people that own them just have no idea what they own.

There was a pretty big fantasy ’emergence’ in the late 70’s and 80’s and there was a lot of unicorns coming out- I must have a good handful of unicorn prints in the attic, all different.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

I actually found Melody’s email and showed her this; she confirmed what others were saying- it’s a fairly unusual one:)
        I’m enjoying having a unicorn family around the house. I was a single mommy for a long time and she reminds me of me.

Just thought I would let you guys know- I put this on eBay. If we weren’t in fairly desperate straits I’d keep it longer. But just at the moment we’re not being art collectors, we’re being parents who need to get through the winter. And I know these two will find a home where they are loved.

Jennifer
        Keymaster

apyburn wrote:

Just thought I would let you guys know- I put this on eBay. If we weren’t in fairly desperate straits I’d keep it longer. But just at the moment we’re not being art collectors, we’re being parents who need to get through the winter. And I know these two will find a home where they are loved.

I understand. Many of us are there ‘with you’ financially as well. 🙁 Good luck with the auction! 🙂

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

Thanks, I was afraid people would think it crass of me…

Purplecat
          Participant

not at all! Life and family are things that are more important…Though many of us enjoy Melody’s beautiful art….we all also understand that life happens, and sometimes things have to be sold. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.