fbpx

True dark JADE curls?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody True dark JADE curls?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

Melody wrote:

Since there are Jades out there, and I don’t know for sure which pieces were painted that way, I’ll never devalue the authentic ones by painting more of them! So Jade will only be used on pieces that I know for sure weren’t painted that way, like curlies.

Yay!! Thanks Melody. I appreciate that. Those that have Jade pieces worked hard to get them. πŸ˜†

PhoenixTears wrote:

Nambroth wrote:

The thing with the Jades- they are mistakes! No one even realized they existed until the collectors here found some. They were never intentionally made. πŸ˜‰

So, the Jade Scratcher, the jade coiled male and the dark green jade orientals were all mistakes? 😯 Wow! Kinda neat and serenipidous!

The Jade Scratcher, young, and hatching dragons (empress, I forget if the others were found in jade) were totaly mistakes. Melody had NO idea how they exist, since they do not remember ever making them intentionally, and production windstones pass so many points of quality inspection that several people must have made a mistake. It’s a small miracle they exist, :lol:.

Melody says the male coiled may have been intentionally painted in jade. The dark dark green orientals in jade were probably intentional too (and then they evolved them to emerald [but still called them ‘jade’]) but the rest are a mystery.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Greater Basilisk wrote:

We haven’t seen any jade OWs so far…

I have to say that GB is a genius and people should definitely listen….

WolfenMachine
      Participant

ddvm wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

There haven’t been any Jade rising spectrals either….because I know GB would want one πŸ™‚ (me too) But I think the OW would look MOST stunning in Jade. No Jade fledgies either have been found.

Arlla
        Participant

ddvm wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Heck YEAH

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
          -J R R Tolkien

I thought Id ask this in here instead of staring another thread. Im sure a member knows this and Melody wont have to be distracted by this question…

I noticed the batches of updated curls back in stock however, I did notice too, that the Emerald Peacock curl has been removed altogether; doesnt even say Out of Stock. Does that sadly mean that no more will ever be painted in that color and I will have to look for one on eBay for an insane price? I dont know how cool some members are that they might consider selling theirs for what they paid for him here, rather than bringing it to eBay. But if you did bring him to eBay, Id understand. Out of all the dragons, the curls would be the ones Id like to have in every color (but if I could never get a white, that wouldnt bother me since Im not a white color lover). I know the russet red flame on there now will go for an arm & leg so I doubt I can consider it and also doubt many more of that color will show.

Other than whats in the store now, what other curls other than white, red flame russet and emerald peacock were made? As house warmings, I do know the gold, brown, pink, VF and emerald curls are on their way to me. Those (and the BG Coiled mama) are the only dragons I ever plan to have or pursue. Id never gone for one particular sculpt in each color but the curls, though gifts so far, seem like I could afford them as they come out (if Im here in time before they fly out of the store). Id like to get the Coileds too, but they will have to sit on the back burner as I cant collect as readily as Id like. If the Poads(tm) were a little less, Id be collecting them in each color and might consider it as time passes. Play by ear for those cuties.

Anyway, my question is about the future availability of the EmPea Curls and if they are forever gone here (unless a forum member decides to sell). Thanks to whomever answers! Hope all is well and sorry I havent been around but moving is heckish! Havent even moved the Windstone yet… dnot want them injured in the chaos of handymen and unpacking etc.
          And would you believe that my cats, who are remain at my moms where I was staying, are literally sick now, because I am no longer around? They dont lack attention for mom and stepdad love them to death but my cats are SO use to me and are only forgiving if they smell hospital on me- and thats no word of a lie. Otherwise, my absence has caused them great stress that mom called me over today, where Im typing right now, to spend time with them because they are out of sorts without me. Touching, but stressful. There are reasons why I havent moved them yet but hopefully it will be this week as Id like my eldest to have his 10th BDay on October 10, in our new home! *sigh* send happy thoughts to the puddy tats, will yas? thankies xoxo

Pegasi1978
          Participant

If something has been removed completly from the store, that means it is no longer available from Windstone.

Maria
            Participant

WolfenMachine wrote:

ddvm wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

There haven’t been any Jade rising spectrals either….because I know GB would want one πŸ™‚

Wolfen knows me. πŸ˜†

I’d buy a jade curl or jade fledgie. πŸ˜€ Is a fledgie big enough to fit AL on? 😈

pegasi1978 wrote:

If something has been removed completly from the store, that means it is no longer available from Windstone.

*sigh* I guess that means saving up, though, I am saving up for something extra special by a forum member which wont be out for a while. Knowing my luck, everything Im hoping for (such as finishing out the black sunset griffin family, the new grand pegasus and flions and any further curlies such as the EmPea) will all come out at the same time πŸ™„

I dont suppose there is an bakery bribery to be offered for another batch of the Empea curls, huh? 😈 πŸ˜›

Nah, I understand you have a lot more on your plate. My fault for missing them.

WindstoneCollector wrote:

I’d buy a jade curl or jade fledgie. πŸ˜€ Is a fledgie big enough to fit AL on? 😈

You and I are following each other around this past half hour! LOL Not that I have a problem with that πŸ˜†

What is AL? Yes, Im blonde.

Autumn leaf. And I guess we have!!! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† I’m jsut here playing catch-up for a week! πŸ™„

Jennifer
              Keymaster

PhoenixTears wrote:

pegasi1978 wrote:

*sigh* I guess that means saving up, though, I am saving up for something extra special by a forum member which wont be out for a while. Knowing my luck, everything Im hoping for (such as finishing out the black sunset griffin family, the new grand pegasus and flions and any further curlies such as the EmPea) will all come out at the same time πŸ™„

I dont suppose there is an bakery bribery to be offered for another batch of the Empea curls, huh? 😈 πŸ˜›

Nah, I understand you have a lot more on your plate. My fault for missing them.

Well, the good thing about the black sunset griffin family is that they should be Normal Production- so there is no rush on getting them when they come out. πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                My art: featherdust.com

Bob

Nambroth wrote:

PhoenixTears wrote:

Was a Jade Coiled Mama ever made? I know Ive seen the Jade Coiled male, but dont recall if Ive seen one with a golden egg (mama).

No rush; anyone’s answer will do as I know Melody is busy!

We’ve never seen one. The thing with the Jades- they are mistakes! No one even realized they existed until the collectors here found some. They were never intentionally made. πŸ˜‰
                  I thought the orientals originally came out in JADE and the Emerald ones of those where a mistake??

Bob

Melody wrote:

Nambroth wrote:

We’ve never seen one. The thing with the Jades- they are mistakes! No one even realized they existed until the collectors here found some. They were never intentionally made. πŸ˜‰I think that we did intentionally make the coiled dragons(male) in Jade. I have always had one of those around (sitting in the bathroom, for some reason), so it must of been a paint sample. All the other Jades that turned up were a surprise to us!
                    But if it was a paint sample it never would have made it to produciton would it??

Nambroth wrote:

Well, the good thing about the black sunset griffin family is that they should be Normal Production- so there is no rush on getting them when they come out. πŸ™‚

OK, I’ll remember you said that but I know how many ppl have awaited the return of the black griffin… and now to have a mama and chicks- I have a feeling that first batch, unless done in hundreds, will fly out the store! (no pun intended)!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.