fbpx

The winner had me laughing so hard I had tears.

Home Forums Miscellany Community The winner had me laughing so hard I had tears.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Well, these are not the only stupid things I’ve seen in my life. Here are a few other stupid things I ‘ve always laughed at:
    1- POGOBALLS.
    These were released somewhere between 1986 and 1987. These were balls with a plastic ring around, to put your feet on. Squeezing the upper part of the ball between your feet, you could hop and hop. But these things (I saw it in the school yards as a child) would never make you hop more than an inch or two above the ground.

2- BARBIE DOLLS VARIANTS
    Barbie dolls are not stupid by themselves; but Mattel made soooooo many variants that, sometimes, the company was going crazy. That’s how I saw Barbie at MsDonalds (with voice saying “what’s your order” or someting); Barbie on self-walking horseback (the robot horse had that walk that made it look incredibly deformed); Barbie’s little sister on toilets (with the wee action!) and so many other stupid variants that could amuse a girl for only five minutes in her life…

3- ZOOBALLS
    These were big in 1996 and 1997. These were balls that were wrapped into fabric with a stuffed animal face. There was a mosquito, a dalmatian (of course), a cat, a little bird… I had the opportunity to try some of these in the store. “Bounces like a ball” said the song in the commercial. Bounces? Yes: two or three centimeters of bouncing for a full-force arm throw. And easily-dirting fabric. Really worthless.

4- JUMBO LOVE
    These were stuffed animals that were really, really light. Colored in light pastel colors, the collection involved a rhino, a hippopotamus and an elephant (I don’t remember if there were any other). These were instores in 1987 and 1988. Not only the animals had nothing more that any other plush, but the fabric in which they were made was so fragile that a single needle would have been able to create an ever-growing tear. Re-sow it? Well, the repair would have destroyed the whole look of the toy…

I also saw others that, unfortunately, I don’t remember the names of. For example, there were stuffed cats with extra-long tails that a little girl could wrap around her neck. Dolls representing a date (with picture and name of the guy). A toy-gun throwing balls to play “Roulette Russe”; with the picture of a kid aiming the gun to his head! Any other stupid things you saw?

Heather
    Participant

Anyone remember the Frogball? It was basically a rubber ball with silly floppy frog legs attached. When bounced against the ground they got pretty good rebound; a friend of mine bounced one clear over a Wal-Mart aisle, to the amusement of the people standing in that aisle.

BipolarBear
      Participant

Barrdwing wrote:

Anyone remember the Frogball? It was basically a rubber ball with silly floppy frog legs attached. When bounced against the ground they got pretty good rebound; a friend of mine bounced one clear over a Wal-Mart aisle, to the amusement of the people standing in that aisle.

I was playing with a large super ball in the middle of a four story apartment complex and gave it such a huge bounce that we never found it.

I would help but I am just to tired to get out of bed today~
        Engaged to a Weasel

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.