fbpx

The things you find sometimes…

Home Forums Miscellany Community The things you find sometimes…

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Azurielle
    Participant

Very neat! I love finding things like that, although my finds usually end up to be worthless…but still fun. The oddest thing I ever found was a 12 ball to a pool table in the middle of a dirt road. Just saw a hint of blue, dug it up, and voila! A pool ball. Very odd. My hubby thinks I’m magpie for finding junk.

Keeper of the Fledgings

darjeb
      Participant

That’s really pretty – lucky you

Skigod377
        Participant

Very neat. Any markings on the back or inside the loop?

skigod377 wrote:

Nope, nada. I looked, but can’t find any identifying marks on it.

I may take it to a jeweler, but probably not.

It’s definately neat though. Not often you stumble across something in the mud with genuine opals in them.

Kyrin

Jodi
          Participant

Kyrin wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

Nope, nada. I looked, but can’t find any identifying marks on it.

I may take it to a jeweler, but probably not.

It’s definately neat though. Not often you stumble across something in the mud with genuine opals in them.

Kyrin

Eh, go ahead. It can’t hurt to see what they say.

twindragonsmum
            Participant

The other place to take it would be to an antique dealer or show. Those people that specialize in vintage and antique jewelry really know their stuff and are a wealth of knowledge!

twindragonsmum 😀

tdm

Jasmine
              Participant

Cool find!!

Bob

Why would you NOT take it to a jeweler?
                  It could be worth a LOT of money and may need insurance. Or really need a good cleaning they will need to do

Mainly just cause I’m lazy, and the nearest jeweler is 20 miles away.

The only things insured in my house right now are my computers, the flat screen TV, my Windstones, and my cars. I am not a jewelry person, so other than my wedding bands, I don’t have much.

Kyrin

That is a cool find. It reminds me of something you would see from India.

Lupin
                  Participant

Reminds me a little of that too, but it also reminds me of some of the “Faux Jewels” Mom and I inherited from one of my Grandmothers. Though that piece doesn’t look Faux to me. I’d be surprised though if it had been out there that long, because my understanding of Opals, though Nam may/should know more than I is that environmental fluctuations are royal Hell on Opals. I was always warned to never take mine out of the House in Winter, but with a possible Low of -70 before wind chill, so that’s hell on alot of things.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.