fbpx

The filling of the Grab Bag Baby Unicorn orders 1-26-12

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion The filling of the Grab Bag Baby Unicorn orders 1-26-12

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Ann

I don’t think anyone was referring to that, PT. ๐Ÿ™‚ I think it referring more toward the last batch of Youngs. People were really excited for them, but when some didn’t get what they were hoping for, I remember some complaints that made me wince a little on Melody’s behalf.

This is what I meant. I didn’t mean complaining about the site, since I am guilty of that! I don’t think the site almost not handling the rush hurt Melody’s feelings.

Rusti
      Participant

I bought one this time because they *all* reminded me of the Fashion Star Fillies we played with when I was a kid. Of course there are several I like more than the rest, but I’m sure I’ll be happy with whatever I get.

As to the website problems, I think next time (if there is a next time) I’m with the idea of just announcing a day, and not a specific time, to avoid all the refreshing that went on. Just a “They’ll be in the store sometime today! You’ll get the notification email when they go up” would be fine, and then the ‘put in cart, remove from inventory for a period of time’ trick.

littleironhorse
        Participant

I don’t think anyone was referring to that, PT. ๐Ÿ™‚ I think it referring more toward the last batch of Youngs. People were really excited for them, but when some didn’t get what they were hoping for, I remember some complaints that made me wince a little on Melody’s behalf.

Yeah, I kept my keyboard shut because I didn’t want to start a fight, but I agree that from the very start of the grab bag items some comments have been written that were over the top and they made me feel bad for Melody.

Riversgrace
          Participant

Exactly! PT I was so not referring to your comment above, mine was a comment about the last batch of GB Youngs that came out. People went nuts over them, then when they arrived, were ‘openly & verbally’ disappointed, some with what I would consider, very rude comments. PT that comment was NOT directed at you, if was just a general statement of hope…lol

LIH, I kept my keyboard shut last go around, and with the GB Poads as well…I will not be keeping it shut this time. It may not do any good, but I am not going to remain silent if people start bashing these GB babies once they get them.

PurpleTurtle
            Participant

Sorry guys. I didn’t to make a scene and feeling a little sensitive when I wrote that. Art is a very serious thing to me and I do remember the GB poad issue to, and it really bothered me for Melody’s sake. I also appreciate you guys clarifying what you were getting at to. I love you guys :)!

Riversgrace
              Participant

We heart you PT! ๐Ÿ™‚

Kiya
                Participant

Yeah, I felt bad later about complaining about my young unicorns (though, I did have trouble trading one of them, he was just plain for a fantasy batch).

I do think that was part of the problem with the GBY – they ran the gambit from really fantasy to almost completely normal with some sparkle paint. But for this batch Melody was kind enough to only put in the crazy, hand painted ones so no one gets a “normal” horsey. ๐Ÿ˜€

But, that aside, they are all beautiful and unique, every grab bag, and I plan to work on being more grateful for the kindness Windstone puts into giving all their collectors a chance for a unique item.

*goes and huggles her poad*

Stephanie
                  Participant

But, that aside, they are all beautiful and unique, every grab bag, and I plan to work on being more grateful for the kindness Windstone puts into giving all their collectors a chance for a unique item.

^^^^^

This. We have it SO good as collectors, and are treated very, very well. ๐Ÿ˜€

Christine
                    Participant

Keep in mind too, that saying one hates the Uni one received, or saying it’s ugly, doesn’t exactly ‘sell’ others on the idea of trading it!

What if a car salesman said to you “Oh yeah, it’s nice I guess, but it’s really ugly and not what I was looking for at all. Someone take it from me.” Even if you liked it to begin with, would it make you want that car more after the salesman said that? ๐Ÿ˜‰

It’s totally ok to not like what you got, but being politely reserved with an opinion on it is both kinder to Melody and helps in trading, IMO. ๐Ÿ™‚ For every collector on here that gets a Uni they weren’t hoping for, there’s very likely to be someone who likes EXACTLY that Uni!

I’m not talking about anyone specific with this post, BTW. Just a blanket statement, heh. ๐Ÿ˜‰

KaytanaPhoenix
                      Participant

Melody is out there painting more of the little guys so that we’ll have enough to fill the orders, hopefully ALL of the orders including the ones that didn’t completely go through the system because of the lagging and the speed with which the little guys ran out of the store. I don’t know if there will be enough, but we’ll try.

Make sure my *Kisadork account isn’t one of those registering a partial order! I did have some issues with it, so it might show up with something but it did (obviously, lol) go through in the end!

‘n I’m with the group of telling Melody thank you! She’s super awesome working on more uni’s so the orders are fulfilled! She really does try hard to make sure no one is disappointed (Most any other collector anything I’m aware of would just had sent out emails saying they oversold and cancel the oversold orders) – Hell, Best Buy did it o.0
                        So I do hope there isn’t any complaining about the unis because of how hard she tries to make sure we’re all happy! In a big corporate world it’s sometimes hard to forget machines don’t make everything and that here there are real people (And awesome ones!) taking the blunt of those complaints, ‘n artists take them hard (At least from personal experience we do)

pegasus4240
                        Participant

Kudos to Melody and company. ๐Ÿ™‚ You guys are really going above and beyond. Thanks.

-- Angie

drag0nfeathers
                          Participant

Susie, can I ask what is considered an unfinished order? I was doing an order for my friend Peter for his girlfriend for a valentines day gift, but since he’s never done an order before and didn’t have paypal (or the time to stalk the store like all of us nut jobs, LOL) I was trying to place his order for him. I had to input all the address information manually, but by the time I went to submit the order they were gone. Does that enter into your database even though it never got fully processed, or is that not what is considered an “unfinished” order?

I’m just trying to figure things out since I’ll probably end up giving him mine since I didn’t get one for him like I said I would >_< Needless to say I DID NOT think the store was going to be THAT packed with people waiting to buy them, or at least with almost a hundred unis I thought they would last long enough to process two seperate orders.

I gotta say, I'm REALLY lucky the other people I was waching the store for ALL managed to get their own Unis without my help cause I would have failed miserably!

Got a busted Windstone?
                            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                            Siphlophis Male Dragon
                            Calypso Hatching Empress
                            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                            Tattoo Mother Kirin
                            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Susie
                            Keymaster

In answer to the question about what an unfinished order is – a few of those placed at the very end when we ran out show up on my side, I am quite certain that all of the orders that were trying to be made at the end do not show. I am not thinking about those orders until I know how many unicorns we have. At that time I will contact anyone for whom I can see their order and those who have emailed me hoping for one. I am pretty sure we will still not have enough unicorns for everyone who wanted one!

On Saturday we prepared a lot of packages to ship Priority Mail today (Monday). If your package was one of those you will have received an email from the post office with a tracking number. If the order is still marked “processing” when you look at it in your account with Windstone, we did not ship it Saturday, we are shipping it today. My apologies for the confusion that those emails from the post office can cause.

Now back to herding baby unicorns…

Bodine
                              Participant

Bless your big heart. :love:
                                Crack that whip!Git on in ther lil’uns!!Yeehaw :bigsmile:

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
                                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                                Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

Mmloda
                                Participant

YAY…thank you fo rthe update Susie! and Melody for giving everyone who ordered one these beautiful uni’s the opportunity to get one!

Marzena

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.