fbpx

The filling of the Grab Bag Baby Unicorn orders 1-26-12

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion The filling of the Grab Bag Baby Unicorn orders 1-26-12

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Susie
    Keymaster

I just wanted to give you a heads up that we may not be able to ship your order as quickly as normal – we have an awful lot of orders to ship! Please bear with us – I am pretty certain that we cannot ship all of them tomorrow. Our shipper is still unwell which means we are short a little man-power for filling orders. We will do our best to get them all filled promptly.

We are also going to try to fill every order (even the ones that the store sold above and beyond the quantity we have on hand) and to take care of the ones that didn’t go through all the way due to the slow speed that the site was working at. Having 100 people on there all at the same time to order something really stressed it out! We hope to make everyone happy.

If you have a question about your order, please do not pm me and please do not fill out the “contact us” thing on the site, instead please send an email directly to susie@windstoneeditions.com Thank you.

No problem,we are patient people. I am pretty sure you all are a little tired. It will make the getting them more exciting. Thank you for all the hard work. I hope you shipper has a speedy recovering.

pegasus4240
      Participant

It sold more than you had? I can wait. I am patient. 🙂

-- Angie

KaytanaPhoenix
        Participant

I worried the store would accidentally oversell (Worried I’d get an email saying that I wasn’t quick enough and won’t get one even though I got to the confirmation page/confirmation email (On my *Kisadork account, bf put the gift certificates on there) Thank you for any extra work that is needed to fulfill the orders!

As for time, take your time! 🙂 I can certainly be patient!

Would you be the one to email about my forgettin the love fuzzie comment? I was in a rush and didn’t even think about it!

Ann

How many did the site end up overselling?

Syn
            Participant

Nope, we are NOT patient. Wait until Monday, and you will see “I got mine.” “You did? Waah, I didn’t.” “I wish I didn’t live so far from Oregon.” “Maybe mine will come tomorrow?” “Oh, I can’t wait.” “Oh, the waiting is killing me.”

Nope, NOT patient, but we are understanding. I will be right there with everyone else who is not a stone’s throw from Corvallis, sitting on the edge of my proverbial seat, but thankful I was able to get one and thanking Susie for helping me out.

KaytanaPhoenix
              Participant

Also curious of this

WolfenMachine
                Participant

One person I bought for got one for herself, so I know one person will get one that didn’t!

siberakh1
                  Participant

Also curious of this

I’d imagine it’s a software/computer issue when a lot of sales happen all at once. Over 100 people trying to order the same item all at once is a lot for a smaller web store!

LadyFirebird
                    Participant

Thanks for the update! WOW–selling more than you had on hand. Appreciate that you’ll be filling them anyway.

Wampus Dragon
                      Participant

As Syn said. NOT patient. I do hope mine gets shipped today. I want to know if it was worth all the adrenaline rush.

Susie
                        Keymaster

I don’t think there is any software on Earth prepared for a Grab Bag Baby Unicorn Stampede!

The store sold 7 more than the 94 we put in there. I had a few in reserve for just such a problem, however not enough to take into account the folks who tried to order and had their own computer or account issues and could not complete the order before all the unicorns were gone, And there are also unfinished orders when the store realized there were none left at the end of the eleven minutes it took to sell them all. This means that there are at this moment some very disappointed collectors out there and I apologize.

At least now our web host now knows what he’s in for when we have Grab Bag Unicorns and we may have to do something a little different next time so that we do not crash his server (which server more clients than just us!). I think this is a rather unusual problem in the land of web sites.

Kiya
                          Participant

We do our own hosting, but one of my client sites actually has this problem fairly regularly.

When we put up certain popular products, we’d get so many order attempts in such a short time, that the store would sell more than we had.

We ended up changing the store code to debit something from inventory as soon as it was added to the cart to allow time to check out and not oversell. If the item isn’t fully checked out within an hour, it automatically drops back into available stock.

Not sure if something like that would help you or not. 🙂

drag0nfeathers
                            Participant

Yea, I was trying to put an order through for a friend, but I had to type in all the address information manually, so by the time I was done (it has said 22 in stock when I added it to the cart) and when I got to submit the order, it said there were no more of what was in my cart in stock anymore so there’s one dissappointed person right there. Wicked bummer, thought I had gotten it for sure!

Got a busted Windstone?
                              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                              Siphlophis Male Dragon
                              Calypso Hatching Empress
                              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                              Tattoo Mother Kirin
                              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

We do our own hosting, but one of my client sites actually has this problem fairly regularly.

When we put up certain popular products, we’d get so many order attempts in such a short time, that the store would sell more than we had.

We ended up changing the store code to debit something from inventory as soon as it was added to the cart to allow time to check out and not oversell. If the item isn’t fully checked out within an hour, it automatically drops back into available stock.

Not sure if something like that would help you or not. 🙂

It doesn’t have to be an hour either, the time can be set to nearly anything. When I buy Mariners tickets, for example, I’m given something like a minute to decide if these are the seats I want,and then a total of just five minutes to complete the order process (at least, the part on my end with all the input fields, they don’t count processing time on their end.) If you don’t complete the process in time, the seats you’ve selected go back into the general pool for distribution.

It’s still a *little* nerve wracking, but I’ve been through the process a number of times now and they really do have the timing for each step set appropriately for their server capacity.

As for patience, I’m not patient at all, ever…but I’m both sympathetic and completely understand how much work this is going to be, especially if you’re short handed. Wish you guys were closer than a few hours’ drive, I’d gladly come lend a hand!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.