fbpx

Thank you Melody!! –> (Zebra Finch Griffins)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Thank you Melody!! –> (Zebra Finch Griffins)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Melody wrote:

Zephyr wrote:

I’ve been thinking the same thing too about the griffins. For instance, I’d love to see their beaks painted in more colors. I wonder how a Zebra Finch griffin chick would look… :scratch:

I like zebra finches. I used to have a big flock of them. That would make a nice griffin pattern!

If your new Zebra Finch Griffin Male really was inspired by my comment, I just wanted to say:

Melody
    Keymaster

Zephyr wrote:

Melody wrote:

Zephyr wrote:

I’ve been thinking the same thing too about the griffins. For instance, I’d love to see their beaks painted in more colors. I wonder how a Zebra Finch griffin chick would look… :scratch:

I like zebra finches. I used to have a big flock of them. That would make a nice griffin pattern!

If your new Zebra Finch Griffin Male really was inspired by my comment, I just wanted to say:

Yes, it was!

Anna
      Participant

He’s lovely, you should do more. 😉

You captured the zeebie essence Melody! I can almost hear that annoying “beep beep beep” when I look at him. XD

Gouldian finches are lovely, too. I have a flock and it’s like having a rainbow in the house.

Rachel
        Participant

ooOOOoooooh! I like him. And I can also hear the “beep beep beep” followed by “beepsqueakbeep! beepsqueakbeep!” Except I like that sound. I had zebra finches once and they were so adorable. This guy really grabs my fancy more than most of the griffins.

This is not a squeak, but the colorful beak on that Zebra Finch Griffin Male has got me thinking about puffins… 😳

Elena
          Participant

He is soooo lovely! Thank you! I would love to see what you could do with some of the other fun coloured birds 🙂

Anonymous

Wow, I agree – that zebra finch LOOKS perfectly like a zebra finch! Fantasticbeautifulischous! Lucky is the winner of THAT beauty!!!!!

I love the Zebra Finch Griffin! Great job, Melody!!

It’s fun to see a piece painted with such an interesting pattern and colors that work out so well. I would never have thought that the zebra finch colors would work on a griffin…but they definately do! That opens up a whole range of possibilities to muse over such as a parakeet coloration or maybe a Gouldian finch (well, that may be a bit too much) 😀

siberakh1
              Participant

He looked very neat! Definitely made for a nice handsome griffin. 🙂

LadyFirebird
                Participant

Ooooo! A Puff-Griff! Now that would be interesting! 😀 Then there’s the various birds of paradise! The list can go on and on and on!

Melody
                  Keymaster

Zephyr wrote:

This is not a squeak, but the colorful beak on that Zebra Finch Griffin Male has got me thinking about puffins… 😳

Oh, interesting! I just painted a tuxedo griffin that looks a lot like that, but that beak is too crazy looking! Who would believe it?

How about a Siberian husky griffin (a silver dilute with hints of tan) with metallic light blue eyes? Then if you wanted, you could do a series of different husky colors — just think, a bi-eyed red husky griffin. *swoon*

WolfenMachine
                    Participant

Oh Melody, I just missed the mother Zebra Finch griffin last night. I know the auction says shes the only one for now, but could you PLEASE PLEASE PLESE PLEASE PLEASE paint another pair? Or at least another male? They are SO gorgeous! I LOVE the orange beak! I dont care if I have to wait another year, but please consider painting another set of Zebra Finch Griffies in the future *sad puppy eyes*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.