fbpx

Tangled

Home Forums Miscellany Community Tangled

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    twindragonsmum
    Participant

We didn’t get to see it when it was in the theatres, but me boyohs are completely captivated (twice in one day?!?!? Really????) The boys are getting a huge kick comparing the Horse, Maximillius, to Altivo, the Horse in The Road to El Dorado… very funny! We haven’t watched El Dorado in years, yet they caught onto the Maximillius/Altivo comparision almost immediately! Hee hee! Good movie! Both of ’em!

twindragonsmum 🙂

tdm

twindragonsmum
      Participant

And is it only me or does the Captain of the Guard look like Robert Goulett?

tdm 😀

tdm

Kujacker
        Participant

Road to El Dorado was made by Dreamworks, not Disney… so if the Tangled horse is that similar… 😐

I haven’t seen Tangled yet… and I don’t remember much from El Dorado from the one time I watched it. A few people I know (like, true movie goer folks) felt Tangled wasn’t going to be very good, but I guess it’s a pretty decent movie. I’ll probably see it eventually. No hurry to see it, and if I don’t see it I won’t mind :p But I use the library, and I’ve watched plenty of movies that I really didn’t care for… just because it was at the library lol.

twindragonsmum
          Participant

Yes, Road to El Dorado was Dreamworks and Tangled is Disney, which is why we thought it was so funny that Maximus (i had it wrong before) was so similar to Altivo 🙂 and if the 15 year old monsters approve it (i think it’s the loooooong blonde hair…) then it MUST be good :p 🙂 Lurvs ya, Ku!

twindragonsmum 🙂

tdm

Skeeterdeee
            Participant

I haven’t seen it yet, either. Right now Toy Story seems to be permanently attached to the dvd player :tired:

twindragonsmum
              Participant

Just finished that one and sent everyone off to bed. Boyohs start spring break tomorrow, but still have track practice at 8:00 a.m Brrrrrrrr!!!!! We’re expecting more snow…

twindragonsmum

tdm

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

I have to admit, though I haven’t seen Tangled yet… I’m am OBSESSED with Megamind ^_^ I’ve watched it almost every day for the past two weeks. Probably only missed 3 or 4 days.

Got a busted Windstone?
                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Kujacker
                  Participant

I saw Megamind four times in the theatre. I regret that I haven’t bought it yet. I don’t have much a choice in that matter at the moment. But man, loooove.

twindragonsmum
                    Participant

Megamind IS great, but even my dad LOVED “Despicable Me”. He thought he’d hate but kept walking in and out of the room ’til the grandkids jumped on him and made him sit dowm and watch. I haven’t heard him laugh like that in a looooooooooong time!!!!

twindragonsmum :bigsmile:

tdm

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

In all honesty, I have seriously been debating going back to school for this sort of thing. I took 4 years of autocad and 3D rendering between highschool and at a community college(ish) class during the summer… that was almost a DECADE ago though! I’m sure whatever I DO remember is obselete by now.

Got a busted Windstone?
                        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin
                        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Jerusha
                        Participant

I haven’t seen Megamind yet, so now I’m all compelled to go check out the hype 😀

Our whole family really enjoyed both Despicable Me and Tangled (just bought Tangled on blu-ray in fact). Once you get past Rapunzel’s over-babyfied face (those eyes are big as dinner plates – is this the beginning of Japanimericamation??), the movie definitely holds its own alongside Disney comebacks like Little Mermaid and Aladdin. (Not as good as Beauty and the Beast or Lion King, but definitely not as bad as Pocahontas).

twindragonsmum
                          Participant

You and me, both drag0n – only mine is from the “dawn” CG animation – waaaaaaaayyy late ’70’s early ’80’s. But boy oh boy I’d LOVE to do what’s being done now!!! Took me 12 years to finish my degree and Washington State University let me write my own program. Mine is a three part degree (3 majors, no minors) It’s in Literature, Fine Art and Theatre with time spent in London, England. Roddy says I know a little bit about a lot of stuff and it makes me dangerous… (Engineer humor) I REALLY miss my film classes…

twindragonsmum 🙂

tdm

Azurielle
                            Participant

Tangled was really cute. Alot like old disney stuff. I still like the old princess stories, even if they’re not very popular anymore, and disney said this’ll probably the last of them.

Keeper of the Fledgings

Stephanie
                              Participant

Tangled was cute, MegaMind is GREAT!!! Too much singing in Tangled for my taste and Megamind plays the classics. AC/DC is getting used A LOT here lately!!! lol

Pam

Hey, I liked Pocahontas…

Tangled was pretty good, although I am still creeped out by the whole mentally abusive, brainwashing, kidnapper “mom” thing they had going on.

Despicable me was very funny I thought, but Megamind was my fav. Music was also the best.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.