fbpx

Stripy Winged Male Griffin?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Stripy Winged Male Griffin?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

Yes. Lokie’s is the stripey griffin. That’s how you can tell.

Leigha
      Participant

that lap dragon in the picture is pretty πŸ˜€

And overall, there is just A LOT more darker brown on the striped version; the eyes are medium blue not light blue and stripes are very, very pronounced. Ive got to download my photos and take one of my 2 next to each other. Even their body coloring is slightly different which is more evident in person than in photo.

*comes and knocks on Nam’s door with gawking rites*
        They all look so nice sitting there together. So perfect and clean, even shiny.

Pam

Does anyone have a stripey griff with LIGHT tan eyes? According to melody, the change in eye color (light to medium) did not necessarily have to occur at the same time as the change from non-stripey to stripey. If I remember correctly, all the stripey ones I saw laying around the factory had med blue eyes. All of them looked exactly like Lokies, with the dark leading edge to the wing, and also that bit of tan on the left shoulder that is bisected by the necklace.

lamortefille
          Participant

Mine looks just like Lokie’s….eye color and everything. He was purchased 1989ish…I wouldn’t say later than 1990, but my memory fails…

I know the subject has quieted, but I said when I could, Id put in a comparison photo of the retired brown tan male griffin next to his stripey counterpart. Flash and mirror theyre up against may have obscured some of the detail, the richness of their different eyes and such. But for me, these 2 males are different enough not only for me to have collected them both, but to display them next to each other.

If anyone would like to download it for future reference use for when they are searching for a Striped Male Griffin and want to be sure what they are looking at IS a real stripey, they can do so and refer to this photo and the Male on the right πŸ˜€

Maebnus
            Participant

Your Stripey Male and Lokie’s both have a little tuft on the lion part (on the side) that’s lighter… I know it’s a little detail, but I haven’t noticed that on the non-Stripey ones. Plus the different shade of blue eyes. I wonder how many painters deviated… or if y’all got Griffs done by the same person. πŸ™‚

Mmloda
              Participant

Ohh I LOVE those Brown Chicks…I think I might have to get a pair… πŸ˜€

Marzena

lamortefille
                Participant

Thanks for the photo, PT. They really are different.

purpledragonclaw
                  Participant

What a sharp contrast! 😯 They look REALLY different! Thanks, PhoenixTears, for the comparison pic!

Youre very welcome. They are a proud creature, love to be photo’ed and for me to tell them all the comments you make about them πŸ˜†

Melody
                    Keymaster

Another difference is the amount of white on the belly feathers. I have an old one that has white belly feathers instead of brown. We had around twenty painters at one time, and each one painted them a little differently, so there is a lot of variety.

Sapphire
                      Participant

Nothing like dragging up an old thread πŸ˜‰ . I really wanted to know if the concensus is that the stripey brown male is more unusual than the non-stripey & which of the two came out first ?

Jennifer
                        Keymaster

sapphire wrote:

Nothing like dragging up an old thread πŸ˜‰ . I really wanted to know if the concensus is that the stripey brown male is more unusual than the non-stripey & which of the two came out first ?

There were less of the stripey ones made, but I don’t know the order.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                          My art: featherdust.com

Tyrrlin
                          Participant

They’re not next to each other, but here are my two. Odd thing is, I’ve had the stripey-winged male around longer than the plain-winged one. πŸ™‚

You can see how different they look.

Windstone collector in remission. πŸ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.