fbpx

Squinty eyed male dragons

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Squinty eyed male dragons

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Rachel
    Participant

Compared to Wampus’ brown, all 4 of my males are “squinty.” But compared to her green, they’re not all that grumpy looking. Wampus, is that brown from a new batch? Mine are closer to Wolfen’s males. I have 2 different versions of peacock, one being grumpier (and greener, lots of above-eye scales, and his crest is different from most–very similar to Wolfen’s brown). Actually, my rainbow male is a bit on the grumpy side, too, but he has the modern crest and above-eye scales. I think there’s quite a bit of variation amongst the males.

Wampus Dragon
      Participant

The brown is the oldest one in my collection. Old enough to have no felt pad, just a stamp on the bottom.

littleironhorse
        Participant

Another couple of somewhat grouchy dragons:

Photobucket
          Black and Tan Male

And their somewhat grouchy mates:

Photobucket
          Black and Tan Mother

And Stephanie, these are just for you, if you don’t already have them:
          (I know they don’t belong in this thread, but I just thought you’d enjoy them)

Photobucket
          Black and Tan Hatching

Stephanie
          Participant

Eeee! They’re so cute! I recognize the wedding hatcher, but what is the one underneath? Is that another ebay piece?

I do enjoy them, thank you for sharing! <3

littleironhorse
            Participant

Eeee! They’re so cute! I recognize the wedding hatcher, but what is the one underneath? Is that another ebay piece?

I do enjoy them, thank you for sharing! <3

It’s a black and tan hatching dragon. There were 2 families (Mother, Male, Hatching Dragon) that were sold on ebay several years ago.

So with the 2 recently ebayed special hatchers, and these 3 (1 wedding cake, and 2 black and tans), they are the only OOAK (or 2OAK) hatchers ever sold. Correct me if I’m wrong?

Wampus Dragon
              Participant

Wow my green grumpy dragon has even more narrow eyes than the wedding cake male. I thought they’d be about the same.

littleironhorse
                Participant

Wow my green grumpy dragon has even more narrow eyes than the wedding cake male. I thought they’d be about the same.

Actually, I’ve never seen one quite as grumpy as yours Wampus!

Maybe he broke the mold when he came out :bigsmile:

Stephanie
                  Participant

It’s a black and tan hatching dragon. There were 2 families (Mother, Male, Hatching Dragon) that were sold on ebay several years ago.

So with the 2 recently ebayed special hatchers, and these 3 (1 wedding cake, and 2 black and tans), they are the only OOAK (or 2OAK) hatchers ever sold. Correct me if I’m wrong?

I think that’s right! Only five out there (at the moment!) I hope Miss Melody paints more, but I know how big of a pain the little guys are. So we’ll just have to wait and see. 🙂 Thank you for showing them!

Here is my squinty eyed male. He’s an old green with the stamp and no felt pad. His features are a lot rougher than male dragons currently made. He is awesome!

Photobucket

Bodine
                    Participant

Hey Stephanie,your male has the dark blue eyes.I like them.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Bodine
                      Participant

I have two.I have the one Ms.Melody mentioned maybe her mom helped and another.Both no pads.If you want the one your Mom helped with Ms.Melody,it is yours.One on the left.
                        Photobucket
                        Photobucket
                        PhotobucketI am fortunate to have gotten some of the original family
                        Photobucket

Bodine
                        Participant

Here are the males,pic cut off #2
                          Photobucket
                          PhotobucketThis one looks to have come from the same mold as Wampus Dragon’s green male.The “hood”actually touches the black pupil when you see it head on and from the side
                          My buddy in Texas has one also,brown with heavy hood.

Melody
                          Keymaster

The Wedding cake dragon had very squinty eyes, but I don’t know if there are ones that are squintier.It is hard to tell if they are both have the same squinty-ness because the angle is different. You’d have to compare the eyelid scale pattern. Yours does look even more squinty!
                            * edit* I don’t think they are the same mold! Compare the scales just visible over the eye. This would mean there are at least two molds like this.

Bodine
                            Participant

These are a little blurry but you can see the lids better.
                              Photobucket
                              Photobucket
                              Photobucket

Stephanie
                              Participant

Hey Stephanie,your male has the dark blue eyes.I like them.

I think they show up darker in the picture. He has the same color eyes as my brown mother and hatcher. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.