February 12, 2021 at 3:39 pm #1636486
Please read below for how to join the spring 2021 PYO swap.
The rules/dates are as follows:
Sign ups are open thru February 28th. On March 1st, I will send out forum PMs with everyone’s swap partners. Your finished PYO should be shipped as early as June 1st and no later than June 10th. This gives everyone 3 months to order and complete their piece. I will send out a PM on May 16th to ask if your piece is ready and get an idea if anyone will be delayed.
Send me a PM through the forum and include “Spring 2021 PYO Swap” in the subject. I will reply to each PM to confirm receipt, as well as updating this thread with the forum names of the participants.
PM should include:
1.Forum name, full name, and mailing address. Make sure it’s an address that can accept packages, since this is where your swap partner will be sending your piece.
2. Requests for what sculpts you’d like to receive and if there are any you’d prefer to NOT receive. Store stock is currently low (thanks, COVID!), so this swap will need to be more open-minded towards sculpts. If you are only interested in a very few of the 20 PYOs Windstone offers, for example “dragons only,” please do not sign up. Also, please do give a prompt for the painter. Part of the fun is getting to paint things you might not paint for yourself, and another part is receiving something painted just for you. Prompts can include desired color schemes, animal inspiration, or a general subject.
Some things may come into stock after you sign up and before the swap ends, so I suggest listing three or so different sculpts in order of preference (but also be open to something out of that short list), or something like “no unicorns” or “anything but X and Y.” No harm in indicating a preference for one that is not in stock – some of us may have some sitting around unpainted, but let’s make sure that every participant will be able to fulfill your request. The painting period has been extended a month to try to allow for restocks of PYO sculpts. If painters want to wait on ordering, please do keep in mind the ship date period in regards to your painting speed.
3. Whether you will be willing to ship outside the country. This would also be the place to list if you have anything you just absolutely hate to paint – we want everyone to have a good time with the swap after all. All partners will be determined by random drawing. If Melody is participating, her recipient will be drawn first so that everyone has an equal chance. After that, I will make adjustments as needed to accommodate requests as best I can, but the primary method of selection will be random. I will not be in the drawing for Melody’s recipient.
Things to remember:
*You are responsible for buying a blank PYO, painting it, and mailing it by the ship date. In return, you will receive a painted piece.
*Please do not ship early.
*You are probably not painting for the person who is painting for you. This is more of a “secret santa” type exchange.
*If you do end up shipping out of country, please declare the value of the piece as $10. This will avoid most customs charges.
*If you’ve never shipped Windstones before – please take note of how the blank you receive is boxed from the company. Windstones are very fragile and must be double boxed. Your safest bet is to reuse the packaging it comes in. If you need any guidance in packing, feel free to message me and I will walk you through it.
*Sign the felt pad before you ship your piece. Naming your piece is a nice touch, but not required.
*To keep in the spirit of the swap, don’t post any pictures of your piece (even in your private gallery) until your recipient has received it. No spoilers.
*Everyone is welcome. Just do your best. If you need help, reach out.
*We do this not only to give, but to receive. Please commit to following through on shipping the piece to your recipient. If you must drop out, let me know ASAP so that we can reorganize recipients, or arrange something else.
Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and whiteFebruary 12, 2021 at 4:48 pm #1636498scorpiolady21Participant
PM sent! I’m excited!
Looking for White Dragons! Grail includes the White Secret Keeper!February 12, 2021 at 4:56 pm #1636499J TownsendParticipant
I’m so excited I won’t miss out on this one!February 12, 2021 at 5:22 pm #1636501KiwiCatParticipant
PM’d! This is exciting!
- Ocean Flame
- Wild Dog Hippogriff Mother
- Cat Wizards (Any color)February 12, 2021 at 6:26 pm #1636505LeighaParticipant
Message sent!February 12, 2021 at 9:40 pm #1636547sarahbueParticipant
Sign me up… Message sent 💖February 13, 2021 at 10:05 am #1636560SilverpulletParticipant
I want in again! Sending PM.
Cara S.February 13, 2021 at 4:06 pm #1636607TalonofDragonsParticipant
PM sent :3February 15, 2021 at 8:15 am #1636807MeganParticipant
I’m in! PM sent.February 15, 2021 at 11:52 am #1636815
So far we’ve already had more signups than last time:
Last day to sign up is Feb. 28
Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and whiteFebruary 15, 2021 at 6:09 pm #1636864SusieKeymaster
Today, Feb 16th, We re-stocked and nearly sold out of the PYO Dragon (the smaller one) – HOWEVER – more are coming along! If you missed today’s batch, press that Join Waitlist button to be emailed when we restock them again. For best results log in and choose eye and jewel color before pressing the waitlist button.
Other PYO’s being restocked this week include: griffins, smooth scaled ki-rins, phoenixes, and a few winged wolves.February 16, 2021 at 1:37 pm #1636895MmlodaParticipant
I have sent my info in for the swap.
MarzenaFebruary 17, 2021 at 3:05 pm #1637006
Today’s list. I know it is still not complete, as people who have expressed interest have not sent me a message with info yet.
Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and whiteFebruary 17, 2021 at 8:21 pm #1637044A.DrakkonParticipant
I sent in a PM! So excitedFebruary 18, 2021 at 3:54 am #1637052BodineParticipant
Nice group!Can’t wait to see them all.I will join if I can swing it.Not working since Jan..
Every act matters.No matter how small💞
(Wanted....Stone Lap...Brimstone Lap)
Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.