fbpx

Someone helped me– Thank you all!! :)

Home Forums Administration Flea Market Someone helped me– Thank you all!! :)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
      Keymaster

EDIT: Someone has helped me out, wow thank you guys so much!!
        I really had no idea you guys would help out so much, I’m touched. πŸ™‚
        I still owe two PYOs to folks but perhaps after I am moved and settled I can take a few trades again now and again okay? πŸ™‚

Hi guys! I’m in a bit of a… weird position.

I close on our first home later this month. This combined with Christmas and buying art supplies for commissions has left me in a state of being abysmally broke.

I really wanted to get a gift for the homeowners we’re buying the house from. With the way the housing market is, they aren’t making any money on the sale (they may be losing some once they pay their broker/real estate fees, etc) and yet they have been very kind to us. I know there is a lot of emotional baggage when selling a home and they completely remade it into their own so I imagine this is hard for them. On top of that, the place they are moving into fell through and they have to store their stuff and live in an apartment for a while (I get that all too well, all of my stuff has been in a storage unit for months).

I noticed when we were doing the home inspection that they had an entire collection of Peacock Windstones!! I was very impressed, given that no one around here even knows what a Windstone is.

I’d love to gift them with a small Windstone dragon when we close on the house.

Problem is that I’m broke. πŸ™ I think I can squeeze maybe $25 out of my commission money and pocket change. I know that can’t buy me much Windstone… I was hoping that perhaps someone might part with a fledge, curlie or young dragon (in any color other than Peacock)… for around $25 and a small art commission (to be done after Christmas). All I ask is that it be in good shape so that I can proudly give it as a gift.
        I would give one of my own, but the only small dragons I have are in Peacock, and they already own the Peacock set.

I know it’s a long shot and it’s okay if no one wants to part with a dragon for so little! I understand.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

frozendragon
        Participant

that’s a really cool thing.. I don’t have any small production dragons or I’d send you one… I just have PYO’s..

Maria
          Participant

Hm… Would you trade a commission for a curlie? You wouldn’t have to bother with actual money. I’ve broken up my curlie collection anyway, and if you think trading a piece of artwork for, say, the black gold or emerald curlie or the black gold fledgling is fair, I’d do it. What kind of art were you thinking? One of your lovely little watercolors, maybe?

Skylover
            Participant

You have a really neat idea. I’ve got one of the first version of the violet flame curlie or a black gold fledgling (both mint with their box) that I’d be willing to trade you if you’re interested. I won’t be able to get you pictures until tomorrow evening though. PM me if you’re interested.

dragonmedley
              Participant

I have a signed gold fledgling I could trade. Let us know!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Setsunawolf
                Participant

pm’d you

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                  Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                  Sun Dragon Koi #3

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

Thank you all!! <3

Pegasi1978
                    Participant

I’m so glad someone was able to help you out! πŸ™‚

WolfenMachine
                      Participant

That’s very sweet of you Nam πŸ™‚ Did you tell the sellers that you work with Windstone?

I’m willing to give up my Emerald Hatchling for just the cost to ship it (which I’m guessing would be $10 or less) if that puts a bug in your ear for a PYO trade down the road *wishful thinking*. He’s in very mint condition.

Maria
                        Participant

Okay, I guess I’ll just have to commission one of these days when I have moolah again. Works too. πŸ˜€

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.