fbpx

Some people just don't get it

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Some people just don't get it

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Laurie
    Participant

People must thing we are nuts being so picky. 😆

Griffiness wrote:

Go for it bluepony they are fantastic together! One group of windstones that i have seen! 8)

Sad part is, I don’t want the whole herd 😯 I just want mama, baby, and young. the other two…eh.

I just figure, if he’s being a booger to everyone who is writting, maybe it’ll scare everyone away, and i’ll get them cheap. If they arrive damaged, but fixable, then I will have some nice peices for repainting. That’s pretty much my whole thought process, in a nutshell 😀

SPark
      Participant

If you don’t want the grand, I do. So if you do win, and it does come intact, well… I’m sure I could give him a good home. *grins*

Melody
        Keymaster

SilverArrow wrote:

I was looking at this auction of so many beautiful unicorns:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1&viewitem=&item=330113377692&rd=1

I asked the seller if they would box each piece individually inside a main shipping box. I even offered to pay extra for bubblewrap and packing peanuts. Here is the reply:

“I plan on double wrapping them in bubble wrap to ensure safety.”

Can you say shipping disaster waiting to happen? 😕INSIST on proper packaging!

SPark wrote:

If you don’t want the grand, I do. So if you do win, and it does come intact, well… I’m sure I could give him a good home. *grins*

Cool. If he’s the biggest one though, he’s the first that will get smashed.

I’m not saying I”m not going to hound him about packing them, but short of driving to his house and doing it for him, there’s not much I can do.

*goes to see where he lives*

Jodi
          Participant

Ooo! Send me. I’ll give him packing lessons. 😀

emerald212 wrote:

Ooo! Send me. I’ll give him packing lessons. 😀

That’d be awsome 😀

pipsxlch
            Participant

Yeah- apparently, even if you buy insurance, if the post office thinks it wasn’t packed properly (which when it’s a claim apparently means a nuclear warhead dropped on it wouldn’t faze it) they’ll deny the claim. I bought a dragon once which was very well double boxed, but the outer carton was damaged when it got here (and of course the dragon was smashed despite all the packing). It took me almost 6 months of fighting the denied claim to get my money. All the post office fighting it, the seller was very helpful to me.

pipsxlch wrote:

Yeah- apparently, even if you buy insurance, if the post office thinks it wasn’t packed properly (which when it’s a claim apparently means a nuclear warhead dropped on it wouldn’t faze it) they’ll deny the claim. I bought a dragon once which was very well double boxed, but the outer carton was damaged when it got here (and of course the dragon was smashed despite all the packing). It took me almost 6 months of fighting the denied claim to get my money. All the post office fighting it, the seller was very helpful to me.

Yeah, I had a problem with a horse I got a while ago, very porly packed, ect.

i’m going to see if they will ship them some other way, like UPS. Parsel post is a death sentence.

I don’t even insure stuff anymore for the *most* part. Big ticket stuff I still will, but I tell my customers, I know how to pack, save your money. You know? I haven’t had anything get damaged in 3 years, except one horse, who’s tail cracked, but he came with factory packaging, and honestly, I have no idea how the heck that horse got damaged.

They will never make it. Not all of them together. Maybe two to a box. If they do insist on a single box ask for bubble wrap and newspaper. No packing chips. Packing chips can and will compress.

I can just see all those horns battling it out. No one will be victorious! I can’t watch, I’ve seen it happen before. 😥

Romeodanny wrote:

They will never make it. Not all of them together. Maybe two to a box. If they do insist on a single box ask for bubble wrap and newspaper. No packing chips. Packing chips can and will compress.

I can just see all those horns battling it out. No one will be victorious! I can’t watch, I’ve seen it happen before. 😥

Apparently everyone harrassing her talked her into “double boxing” but not every one with thier own, just one box inside another. Not sure that that will really make much of a difference.

Perhaps I’ll get lucky enough, and the damage will be minimul. At the price they are at now, i can repaint them and do ok.

Megan
              Participant

You’d really think it wouldn’t be a big deal to pack something the way the winner wants. As long as they’re paying for the shipping, why not just do as they ask and box each one seperately? It can’t be that much of a hassle… 😕

Megani-chan wrote:

You’d really think it wouldn’t be a big deal to pack something the way the winner wants. As long as they’re paying for the shipping, why not just do as they ask and box each one seperately? It can’t be that much of a hassle… 😕

No kidding.

Skigod377
                Participant

Well, he said “I can if you’d like!” So I will be putting in a bid, too. I only want the grand and the daddy. I have the others.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.