fbpx

So, has anyone else seen this…..?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone So, has anyone else seen this…..?

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Participant

It says $130.59 for shipping to Oregon. And that’s Parcel Post!!

While the shipping charges are outrageous and should be called out, I think a seller has the right to charge as much as they want for an item, regardless of how much other people sell the same item for, and not be hassled by people to lower their prices.. If the buyer does not do their research ahead of time, then it is their fault, just like a seller has to do their research before selling an item and may end up selling a valuable piece to a collector for a fraction of what they could have sold it.

Copper83
      Participant

I wasn’t complaining about the price, Vantid, just the shipping charges. I agree with you on the price.

copper83 wrote:

I wasn’t complaining about the price, Vantid, just the shipping charges. I agree with you on the price.

Oh I know, you aren’t!

Just don’t bid on it if you don’t want to pay an outrageous shipping fee. I only paid $49 to have one shipped form Germany, it was just a hatching Maiasaur tho… 😯

Skigod377
        Participant

vantid wrote:

While the shipping charges are outrageous and should be called out, I think a seller has the right to charge as much as they want for an item, regardless of how much other people sell the same item for, and not be hassled by people to lower their prices.. If the buyer does not do their research ahead of time, then it is their fault, just like a seller has to do their research before selling an item and may end up selling a valuable piece to a collector for a fraction of what they could have sold it.

Oh, I agree! I just informed him of the cost in case he wondered why he was getting no bids. Now im just having fun with the shipping costs. He can sell for whatever he likes…some folks just dont know what they have or what its worth.

Copper83
          Participant

WindstoneCollector wrote:

Just don’t bid on it if you don’t want to pay an outrageous shipping fee.

I have no intention of bidding on it. I only brought it up in the first place because of what they were trying to say it weighed (70lbs) and the shipping cost, which has gotten worse 😯 and is against ebay policy. I know places to go for fair prices and shipping. 🙂

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

vantid wrote:

Actually you can get thrown off of ebay for inflating your shipping charges like that! There are alot of people who make their auctions a penny or something and make their money off the shipping. Lot’s of people get away with it, but it IS against ebay policy. It says it’s $87.34 to ship to MA. That’s such a lie! Not unless they are sending me a case of ’em, LOL!

One time I bought a bunch of My Neighbor Totoro stuff cause it was all a penny each, then when I got the invoice the shipping was almost 200 dollars for a pair of slippers and a 10 inch plushie and a wallet. Needless to say after I contacted ebay I only have to pay 34 dollars in “real” shipping fees. Some people are just sleezy.

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Jodi
              Participant

It says $75 to Minnesota. That’s ridiculous. The Priority Mail chart doesn’t even have anywhere near that amount for even 36 pounds.

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

Still, the shipping doubled practically from the last listing, so it was obviously changed on purpose.

Got a busted Windstone?
                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

drag0nfeathers wrote:

vantid wrote:

Actually you can get thrown off of ebay for inflating your shipping charges like that!

Oh I know, that’s why they should be called on it! I charge more than actual shipping to cover materials and time spent packaging things, but whatever they are charging is way off.

Didn’t a similar situation come up with someone else and it turns out they were using freight on accident? I think it an auction for an Old Warrior.

Skigod377
                  Participant

I think they were using express overnight, or something….

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.