fbpx

size comparison?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone size comparison?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    kitsunelady
    Participant

Hey peoples, is there anywhere I can find a size comparison picture/pictures for Windstones? I flipped through the “Collections” thread, and I know they have the measurements, but…it would help me a lot more to be able to actually SEE how big the emperor and the old warrior are in comparison to my oriental (no one had them close enough together in their pics!)…maybe someone could take a picture of one or both of those behind an oriental? e.e Pretty please? <3 <3 I'll make you coooooooookies…well, I will once this sheet of ice over Cape melts. My car is stuck. Sigh.

I’m asking b/c I’m trying to decide what I want to buy next. >.> I have limited space, so I plot all of this out carefully before purchasing. =)

Danke, darlings.

kitsunelady
      Participant

keschete
        Participant

Here is a picture of some of my collection together…maybe it will give you an idea….

If you want more specific PM me and I can take pictures of certain pieces together….

The Emperors are the tallest except for Secret Keepers…and the Old Warriors are the bulkiest…

The laps and scratchers are about the same size as the males and females…..

Griffins are larger than Flions..

I have one of almost everything, so if you want specific pictures…let me know….

I find the best thing to do is look at peoples collections! Of course that only helps if you have one o the same figures they have!! Wow so much royalty keschete! πŸ˜€

kitsunelady
          Participant

Heehee. =) @ all the hatchers. I’m also waiting for a hatching empress (I’d like Red Fire!), so cute. <3
            But yeah! If you have the oriental, could you take a pic of the emperor behind him? Or if not, take a pic of him behind your lap dragon? I’ve got one of those too, so it’ll help me picture the size better. πŸ™‚
            Thanks so much!

keschete
            Participant

How about this? The Emperor is not my favorite sculpture…but I just LOVE the Black and Gold one. He just looks so forboding…..

As you can see he is very large. The Old Warriors are about twice the size of the Lap Dragons. The Emperor is actually taller than the Rising Spectrals.

kitsunelady
              Participant

That’s cool =0 Looks like he’s just the right height for the space!

But yeah, he’s not my favorite either…I only like him from the side. >.>; His chest scares me, lol. XD He’s cute as a baby, though!

I’m glad you put the hatchers out in front too! They’re also bigger than I thought, almost as tall as the laps, eh? I love the kinglets, they look so naughty, like they’re about to hiss at you.

Man, when I first saw a griffin next to one of the sculpts I already had, I was like what?! :O because it was huge! I had this picture in my head of it being about half the size of the lap. What a dork. *bonks herself on the head* Now I’m too intimidated by the male grif to buy one. Maybe a female. c.c;

Purplecat
                Participant

From experience, the ow doesnt seem so big in the photos, but when I got mine…I was shocked at his bulk, a shelf needs to be nice and deep for him, keep in mind his weight is only a couple ounces off from the emperor’s. I just sat and stared at him for forever….drooling… πŸ˜†

BDW
                  Participant

purplecat wrote:

From experience, the ow doesnt seem so big in the photos, but when I got mine…I was shocked at his bulk, a shelf needs to be nice and deep for him, keep in mind his weight is only a couple ounces off from the emperor’s. I just sat and stared at him for forever….drooling… πŸ˜†

I had the same reaction when I got my OW too! πŸ˜†

Purplecat
                    Participant

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† I also thought he’d be about the same size and weight as the lap dragon, and was put off by his price for the longest time. πŸ™„

Setsunawolf
                      Participant

kitsunelady wrote:

That’s cool =0 Looks like he’s just the right height for the space!

But yeah, he’s not my favorite either…I only like him from the side. >.>; His chest scares me, lol. XD He’s cute as a baby, though!

I’m glad you put the hatchers out in front too! They’re also bigger than I thought, almost as tall as the laps, eh? I love the kinglets, they look so naughty, like they’re about to hiss at you.

Man, when I first saw a griffin next to one of the sculpts I already had, I was like what?! :O because it was huge! I had this picture in my head of it being about half the size of the lap. What a dork. *bonks herself on the head* Now I’m too intimidated by the male grif to buy one. Maybe a female. c.c;
                        The male Griffin is taller than the lap but I’m pretty sure if you lay him on his side he’s about as long. The female actually takes up more room, because she is so long. Together they take up as much space as the OW. Same size shelf.

Here’s the hatchers next to the Lap.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                        Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                        Sun Dragon Koi #3

Purplecat
                        Participant

Wow that’s a pretty male griff!!! 😯

Adaneth
                          Participant

Wow, I didn’t realize how big those hatchers were compared to the Poad!

Thanks for the photos! πŸ˜€

Setsunawolf
                            Participant

purplecat wrote:

Wow that’s a pretty male griff!!! 😯

Thank you. I love him VERY much. He’s one of the test paints.

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Setsunawolf
                              Participant

Adaneth wrote:

Wow, I didn’t realize how big those hatchers were compared to the Poad!

Thanks for the photos! πŸ˜€
                                You’re welcome. I’ll have to post more when the new additions arrive. I’m currently waiting on Sun Spot Female #1 and Tiger Poad #1. I’ve added a few curlies as well.

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.