fbpx

Single color collection (or mostly)

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Single color collection (or mostly)

Viewing 4 posts - 76 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • Author

Not that it’s really worth mentioning, but of course I have all the hoofers in white with quite a few duplicates. Which is easy to do since their seems to be so many of them out there. So technically, one could say I have a herd and not just a family. 8)

As for the dragons, the poses I like are the OW, Lap and Scratchers and as I see it all colors are game in those poses!

Sadly, I had received a damaged EmPea Lap from a store, stoopid stores that don’t keep the original boxes, anyway, it turned out to be the one with purple in it.

I really, really liked that once I saw it. Of course, the replacement is going to be the EmPea w/out the purple from Windstones store stock. Why oh why do they not keep the original boxes? Perhaps another plus for ording direct from Windstone. The purple in it really looked good!

Ya know, I almost wish Windstone, who is completely aware of how delicate these statues are to ship and probably test marketed their boxes for a long time before they got it right, dictated that if dealers are going to offer shipping from their shops, to KEEP THE ORIGINAL BOXES to ship them in!

You’d think eating the cost of a $200 (or more)scuplture would wake shop owners up.

~Hoofer has whinnied!

Stephanie
    Participant

purpledragonclaw wrote:

Serenity wrote:

My collection is small at the moment but I am just going after what I really want. 😀 I don’t know if I could go after a WHOLE family of dragons UNLESS she comes out with an AWESOME blue! 😉

How small is “small?”

9 production pieces and the rest are PYO’s… 😀

Pegasi1978
      Participant

Hoofer wrote:

Ya know, I almost wish Windstone, who is completely aware of how delicate these statues are to ship and probably test marketed their boxes for a long time before they got it right, dictated that if dealers are going to offer shipping from their shops, to KEEP THE ORIGINAL BOXES to ship them in!

You’d think eating the cost of a $200 (or more)scuplture would wake shop owners up.
        The only problem with that (as we collector’s know) is those boxes take up a lot of space. Space that can be used to house more stock, so it’s a give and take on keeping the boxes or having more stock on hand.

pegasi1978 wrote:

The only problem with that (as we collector’s know) is those boxes take up a lot of space. Space that can be used to house more stock, so it’s a give and take on keeping the boxes or having more stock on hand.

Completely understandable. Perhaps keep one empty box of each pose offered in the back with the extra inventory and there you have it, safe to ship.

Of course, this would be necessary only if the store offers to ship them.

Sad thing about that Lap dragon that broke, the damage was minimal, eye/horn which caused the horn to fall out and it was their mistake. Super packing job, double boxed, bubble-wrap, peanuts, etc, except for one critical mistake, the box used for the Lap dragon was almost twice as long as it was, which of course gave him slide/wiggle room.

No amount of bubble-wrap in that larger box was going to stop that fella from shifiting. Another oddity about that particular package, it had two candlelamps also in it (back-ordered so in their original boxes and arrived juuuust fine) so the outer box was huge AND heavy, meaning, not tossable by any means, definately needed to pick it up with two hands.

Considering the superb packing job, the weight of the actual entire box … yeah, it was their dumb luck the box they used for the Lap dragon was definately to long.

I really feel bad for the shop because once the shipping company sees the box it is in, they’re going to think the same thing I did, box was just to long (wiggle room) for that item and they probably won’t pay the insured amount.

Ya know, this subject makes me want to post a question in the ask Melody section now.

~Hoofer nickers and trots off

Viewing 4 posts - 76 through 79 (of 79 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.