fbpx

Since when did walking my dog become a life/death issue??

Home Forums Miscellany Community Since when did walking my dog become a life/death issue??

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 134 total)
  • Author
    Maria
    Participant

Lupin wrote:

Yeah it’s fun, it’s similar to those Dye packs they use in stores and banks!! It actually stains the attacker turned victim, and doesn’t even wear off, it stains the skin cells themselves (kinda but not entirely like a tatoo) and only comes off as the body cells replace themselves, so you’re stuck this find you in a pea-soup fog colour until you have completely replaced all the cells in that area of your skin. I keep hearing different things about how long it takes, some say 20 some odd days, and other things I’ve found say that it takes over 40, so not sure either way it takes more than enough time to find and Identify you if you have a way to take the burn from it out!!
      😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈

That’s a neat-sounding thingy! I wonder if they sell them here.

Megan
      Participant

OMG… somehow I missed all this before but it’s given me the strangest sense of combined anger and deja vu.

There’s a nutter on our block too (seems like they’re everywhere nowadays) that I’m pretty sure I’ve griped about before… I dunno. He’s never pulled a gun on anyone before, but he turned his dogs on my fifteen year old brother and his girlfriend last month. They went for a walk to the end of our (perfectly public) street and stood looking at the moon reflected on the pond like the teenage lovebirds they are… when this guy’s door flies open and they hear “Get the HELL away from my property!” then the dogs tear out and attack them.

My brother was of course trying to shield his girl (who was crying by this point) and got the sleeve of his coat torn for his efforts. They managed to run away, being chased by the dogs, and get to another neighbor’s house for help. Once the cops were summoned they LET THE GUY OFF. Because there was no proof that he had commanded the dogs to attack, and they did not “cause actual physical harm”, only tear his clothes and scare the living daylights out of both the kids.

I seriously think ths man is paying the cops off. He has been complained about numerous times and always our complaints are ignored, but let anyone come within six feet of his grass and the cops are there and on his side.

I really hope all this bull works out for you, Pam. Your guy sounds just as frustrating and a hundred times more dangerous. Pepper spray in case the dog does rush you sounds like a very good idea, if you’re even willing to go back there again. I just wonder if it will take a serious accident where someone gets hurt before they do something about that man. I sure hope not.

Anonymous

starbreeze wrote:

I still thought of the weapon first. πŸ˜†

That type of mace was the original “flesh-staining”… only came in red though.

Maria
          Participant

Megani-chan wrote:

OMG… somehow I missed all this before but it’s given me the strangest sense of combined anger and deja vu.

There’s a nutter on our block too (seems like they’re everywhere nowadays) that I’m pretty sure I’ve griped about before… I dunno. He’s never pulled a gun on anyone before, but he turned his dogs on my fifteen year old brother and his girlfriend last month. They went for a walk to the end of our (perfectly public) street and stood looking at the moon reflected on the pond like the teenage lovebirds they are… when this guy’s door flies open and they hear “Get the HELL away from my property!” then the dogs tear out and attack them.

My brother was of course trying to shield his girl (who was crying by this point) and got the sleeve of his coat torn for his efforts. They managed to run away, being chased by the dogs, and get to another neighbor’s house for help. Once the cops were summoned they LET THE GUY OFF. Because there was no proof that he had commanded the dogs to attack, and they did not “cause actual physical harm”, only tear his clothes and scare the living daylights out of both the kids.

If that were on my street, I’d go out with my brother and let the guy sic the dogs on us. The dogs would get a couple of knives in their throats and there’d be no more trouble from them. I don’t know if you could get away with that in the sue-happy States, but it could happen here.

Skigod377
            Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

If that were on my street, I go out with my brother and let the guy sic the dogs on us. The dogs would get a couple of knives in their throats and there’d be no more trouble from them. I don’t know if you could get away with that in the sue-happy States, but it could happen here.

I tell you, GB, I was just coming down here to write that exact same thing. Maybe I am just confrontational, but I LOATH bullies. I would walk down that street again, deliberately, and pray he sicked his dogs on us again. I cant stand people who do this. They have no buisness in society.

Maria
              Participant

Ditto that, Ski. There are times where diplomacy and “let’s talk about it” just don’t help.

NirvanaCat13
                Participant

Dude, I’m gonna come out and beat the living (&#(%)#@(*$#%(&)!@*$)*#& out of this guy for you…..I have enough rage and berzerk to make sure he won’t be coming back in any life……People like him make me (&%)#(@#(*&% SICK!!!! Seriously, I’ll come out and shoot the )#&%&^)@#($ bastard myself!!!

F HIM! Call the cops, call the Army, and the Marines!!! …….we know where they won’t find the bodies….. 😈

Skigod377
                  Participant

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

Dude, I’m gonna come out and beat the living (&#(%)#@(*$#%(&)!@*$)*#& out of this guy for you…..I have enough rage and berzerk to make sure he won’t be coming back in any life……People like him make me (&%)#(@#(*&% SICK!!!! Seriously, I’ll come out and shoot the )#&%&^)@#($ bastard myself!!!

F HIM! Call the cops, call the Army, and the Marines!!! …….we know where they won’t find the bodies….. 😈

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† I sense some hostility.

Maria
                    Participant

Haha! There’s enough to steam blown off in that one paragraph for all of us, Nirvana! Just gotta love you. πŸ˜†

Starbreeze
                      Participant

Snapdragon wrote:

starbreeze wrote:

I still thought of the weapon first. πŸ˜†

That type of mace was the original “flesh-staining”… only came in red though.

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Pam

Quote:

I just wonder if it will take a serious accident where someone gets hurt before they do something about that man. I sure hope not.

I’ve been thinking this is probably correct, sadly. I haven’t called the sheriff yet, because I KNOW they won’t do anything. They might give the guy a little talk, if that, then leave. Then the guy will hate us even more! They CAN’T really do anything unless he actually hurts a person. I have been staying away from the house for the weekend, to celebrate my b-day in one piece. After that though, I WILL be back up there. I will have to check our laws, see how legal it would be for me to carry my knife with me up there. We are thinking of taking the neighbor cop up there with us a few times too, JUST at dusk, so he can be a witness if the recluse comes after us again. I have been half praying though that the recluse will shoot me in the leg or something.. You know, nice and NON-lethal, but still PLENTY for the cops to work with 😈 I wouldn’t mind being shot in the leg or arm, it can’t be anywhere near as painful as some of the wounds I have endured in my past. Plus is might leave a cool scar. *talking to friends* “Yeah, see this? That is where me crazy neighbor shot me once.”

Jodi
                          Participant

Nobody wants to hear about you being shot. That would be horrible. Arm, leg, wherever. No good!

Also, did you think that he might shoot your dog instead? Do you want that for your puppy?

I wouldn’t go that way again unless you had a plain-clothed cop with you.

Bob

yep having your cop neighbor with you sounds like the best way to handle all this. Get the real proof

keschete
                              Participant

A knife? Girl you need a gun! A nice little 38 snub nosed special. I am 37 now and when I turned 18 I went out and bought a 38, nice and tidy…fits in purse, tucked in the back of your jeans. You can buy hollow point rounds to make up for the fact that the snub nose isn’t super accurate.

Go and practice, get comfortable! I have had my gun for 19 years and have never needed it, but it is in my car. I have drivin back and forth through the worst areas of New Orleans, in the middle of the night.

If someone attacks you, you have the RIGHT to defend yourself and your property.

After hurricanes Katrina and Rita it gave us a great sense of comfort because we are gun owners.

You have to be responsible….but you have a right to protect yourself!!!!

Maria
                                Participant

πŸ˜€ I love people who believe in the right to keep and bear arms.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 134 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.