fbpx

Show Your Collections Ver:10

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Show Your Collections Ver:10

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 601 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Blocked

Very nice collection!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

StormDancer
      Participant

Everyone has such beautiful collections!
        I will get pics of mine soon and get them posted as well.

Looking for:
        "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

jmoore
        Participant

Oh, wow – gorgeous collection, Serendipity!

Bullsquid
          Participant

“I’ll just get one…and see if I like it”

Famous last words before tumbling head first down the Windstone rabbit hole. πŸ˜‰

But seriously, you have an amazing collection.

Ela_Hara
            Participant

Thank you for the nice comments. When I move this summer I’ll get another glass display case so those others don’t have to be on the bookcase anymore.

What is that turtle looking thing? He looks very unique ! Is the tree coming out of his back?

That is an OOAK piece by Wood-Splitter-Lee. Yes, it’s a tree growing out of its back! She use to do a lot more fantasy stuff (a lot of which looks like she deleted from her DeviantArt page….). Lately, she’s been doing more natural animals. Here is her DeviantArt page:

http://wood-splitter-lee.deviantart.com/

She doesn’t take commissions anymore, but before she stopped, she did this piece for the forum member Mmloda:

http://windstoneeditions.com/forum/posable-tiger-dragon

Yes, Wood-Splitter-Lee is AMAZING! She’s also been ‘Found’ by the Henson-Muppet people and others, so her creativity and career has sky-rocketed literally to the Moon! Her stuff is in such high demand now that she only does special eBay pieces that are ALWAYS in the multiple hundreds of dollars minimum.
              You and Mmolda are Ultra-Lucky to have been able to get custom made pieces by her before her career took off and her items (in my opinion) became so out of reach in price. Her pieces are really Fabulous though – you’ll DROOL looking at all of them! πŸ™‚

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Natasha
              Participant

The “I’ll just get one gbb unicorn and see if I like it” herd…

The unicorn at the head of your baby herd has a really interesting paintjob. It reminds me of the hill Jack walks up in Nightmare Before Christmas!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                ANY Red Eyed Unis
                ANY Test Paint Bat
                UNIS:
                The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                Male- Snow Leopard TP
                White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                Mother: Okapi
                Gothic - Mahogany
                PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Amstaff
                Participant

Wow, that… critter… from Wood-Splitter-Lee is groovy!

Amstaff, don’t feel bad about your collection. I got my first Windstones (old green male, mother, and hatcher) together as a family waaayyy back in the summer of ’86. With all that time to collect, I still have 20 (I think, all packed up safe at the moment) pieces total in my collection, another 4 or so that were bought to sell. You get what you’re able to or speaks to you, and you love them as much as those who are able/willing to have hundreds.

Thanks πŸ˜‰ My first was an old green male also !

Now…. I may have to try and get Excel so I can do-over my Windstones list so its more organized ! I currently keep a working copy on the notepad program , LOL !!

Angelika_Zen
                  Participant

Lokie, that black and white pig in the third picture down, is seriously the cutest thing I’ve seen today πŸ™‚

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

KaytanaPhoenix
                    Participant

Not to derail the topic but what was everyone’s first Windstone? I admired Melody’s work since maybe 1998 but didn’t buy my first one until 2006. It was 2 green male dragons, a green mother and green baby for $120 with shipping. They’ve all since found new homes but I’ll always remember them :)They were the only ones I could afford at the time.

I was a huge fan when I was a little girl, seeing the black unicorns and peacock dragons in the nice cutlery shop in the malls… I had forever held them in that “Unattainable” category…

My very first Windstone I bought, was about 8 years ago, it was a Peacock Scratcher that was a gift for a guy I was dating at the time.. one of many things I did with some hope that he’d reconsider the fate of our relationship (He was moving to South Carolina, and I wanted to go with him as I thought I was in love (Ah, young and dumb!) He didn’t want me to go) – In hindsight the only thing I wish could have been different, is that I kept the dragon for myself ;p
                      After that I sort of lost sight of Windstone again for a good long while, somehow still holding Windstones in that unattainable category (I just got so used to the mindset, that I didn’t think it through completely, haha)

Then one fateful day I found Mel on DeviantART! I was so beside myself that she was so down to earth, talking to her fans like it was nothing… She, who has remained one of my ultimate favorite artists for most of my life! – In talking about how awesome I thought this was, someone caught on to my love of these pieces, and for Christmas 2011, I got $200 in gift certificates! I swooned over the pieces, so many out of stock! I waited and waited, hoping they’d come back in… No such luck, as I, of course, loved the Grulla Uni’s, Lap Dragons and Scratchers, lol! BUT! There was this release of Candy Corn GBB’s coming out! So exciting, so fun! …. and apparently, when you wait 20 years or so to buy the first Windstone in your collection! Starting it off with an epic GBB batch is how you do it! – and also how my ‘Great Dragon Collection!’ I planned, had rapidly turned into a GB collection with a couple dragons here and there ;p lmao (23 GB’s currently in my collection – 5 production dragons, not including stone finish (Bookends and Guardian Dragon) lol…)

This is my first, and my handsome boy, “Charming” I got him straight from the store, and fell in love as soon as I saw his beautiful color shift coat πŸ™‚

He is one of my *forever* keepers!

JynXx
                      Participant

So I had an issue with Photobucket, and all my images had been deleted. I’ve finally gotten most of the pictures reposted in other Threads and in the Classifieds, and just now updated my post in this one. Hopefully there will be no more problems x.x

Everyone has such beautiful collections!
                        I will get pics of mine soon and get them posted as well.

More pics of Copper Forest and her little ones, please!! πŸ˜€

β†žβ†žβ‰ͺβˆ™ FOREVER SEEKING β€’β†Ÿβ€’

β€’ β–Ί By Patricia Smith β—„ β€’
                        β˜™ "SKY BRONZE" Emperor Dragon
                        ✾ "RAINBOW ASAGI" Moon Oriental Dragon
                        ✾ "RAINBOW TIGER" Sun Oriental Dragon

β€’ β–Ί By Melody β—„ β€’
                        β˜™ "Test Paint #5" GB '15 PUMA
                        β˜™ #170 FANTASY GB '22 Young Qi'Lin
                        β˜™ #224 KOI GB '22 Young Qi'Lin

Sikek
                        Participant

Everyone has such nice collections! I love seeing the photos of them all, I wish I had some kind of display like many of you do.

rachelled
                          Participant

As I said in the pebble thread, I really did mean taking pictures of all the things! Sorry for the slight pic spam!

Windstones used to just occupy a bookcase in my room. Now they are scattered just about everywhere.

Let’s start with the dragons!
                             photo 31215 167_zpsidnmnnhe.jpg

And of course the pebbles, but I won’t post those here again. Already more than enough pictures!

What a great collection! The barn swallow Lap is lovely!

What is the light green Moon oriental’s colour scheme called?

rachelled
                            Participant

Horrible, awful, washed out photos that do the Windstones in them no justice, and should never, ever, be posted. Yet, I post them as I have no motivation to try to take better ones. :p Missing from these photos are a gold Emperor, Black gold lap, and a red fox pebble which I got after that pebble group shot was taken. Plus a few pieces I have up for sale, so I have them boxed up.

I love your Poads! And the older animals! That armadillo and the cats are to die for.

Who’s that little critter in between the griffon and the bears?

Serendipity
                              Participant

Thank you all for the kind comments. While I have people in my family who like individual pieces, like many others they don’t really appreciate the collection. It is so nice to have people we can share them with here!

That oriental is “Mint”. He was an Ebay piece that I won by some fluke. I put in a single bid, right above the current bid at the time, at least 2 hours before the auction ended. I was honestly shocked when I didn’t get outbid, but I’m so glad because he is just such a beautiful dragon!

WolfenMachine
                                Participant

Serendipity-is that a Violet Flame old warrior from ebay? He’s gorgeous! And your Barn Swallow lap dragon-Violet Flame and Barn Swallow are my two favorite color schemes of all time. You can put me in your will for that lap dragon πŸ˜‰

I love your young unicorns too! I don’t remember ever seeing Calico. Did you get her in a trade or direct from Windstone? She matches a unicorn I have! πŸ™‚ Fabulous collection!

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 601 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.