fbpx

search for a better life/ update page 18

Home Forums Miscellany Community search for a better life/ update page 18

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 259 total)
  • Author
    Purplecat
    Participant

Jennifer wrote:

I know it doesn’t help you BDW, but I agree with Emerald… I wish you two could move out, and get some government aid while you get your feet under you and find a job solution and caregiver. It’s people like you that really need help like this (vs. some of the slackers I know that get free gvt. money for nothing, but that’s another rant).

Though it may not seem like it, there are better men out there that will work with you as an equal, supportive partner. I wish all the best…

this is what I was thinking. There are alot of better men out there…you deserve a much better partner than the man you’re with now, go for the gov aide…move out, as scary as that can be, it will be a step towards making things better. We’re all here for you. 🙂

darjeb
      Participant

I agree with Emerald and Jennifer you deserve a much better b/f. I had one like that once – I threw him out but again I wasn’t in your shoes and no one but you can make that decision. Good Luck.

I hope everything turns out OK for you this summer and you somehow find a babysitter and can continue to keep working.

BDW
        Participant

emerald212 wrote:

Do you have somewhere else that you and Michael could live?

No I don’t 🙁

purplecat wrote:

go for the gov aide…move out, as scary as that can be, it will be a step towards making things better. We’re all here for you. 🙂

😯 Oh I’m not afraid of moving out! Far from it. I did it before when I moved away from my son’s father. I know I can do it again…
          😥 The difference is this:
          My son was much younger back then (only 4) so I could move just about anywhere as long as I could afford it. I did not need special equiptment to lift him untill the age of 12. I could carry him up and down 14 stepts no problem so I did not need anything from the gov.

Now it’s different.
          He’s 18 soon to be 19 and need special equiptment to lift him and a ramp to bring him in a house or appartment. The goverment won’t adapted a place if it has more then 3 steps, the doors need to be 34 inches wide but they prefer 36 inches, in the bedroom and bathroom there must an area of 5 feet by 5feet to move and turn the wheelchair. Need a tub big enough for the equiptment that goes in it.
          And I need a place that they will accept my son’s cat Raven (I aslo want to keep mine) since he will never be able to go without them.
          I need a place I can afford. The gverment only gives me $500 a month if I get out and what ever I make while working get’s taken of if it is more than $200 a month.
          My son has his own money that comes in but I can’t touch it exept to pay for part of the rent.
          Rent here average for about $500 to $650 for one bedroom and between $600 and $900 for two bedrooms. No heat or lights included.
          My decision was made a long time ago to move out but finding a place with all those qualifications make it very difficult. 😥

If this was my house I would have given him the boot a long time ago. Actualy we never would have lived together since I didn’t want to move in with him in the first place. 🙄

Thanks guys for all the suggestions and support!
          You are the most caring people I know…after my close friends and mom. 😉

I really wish there was a way to help you from here. Hang in there, something will turn up. I’d suggest calling some of the real estate folks and tell them what you need, and what price range you can afford. If you have several agencies looking for you, the right place may just turn up.

But you will need to make those phone calls and let them know you are looking. A lot of the time they will know if they have something that will work, or can keep you in mind if something that would work turns up.

But I would definately put out an APB with a realtor that deals in rentals as soon as possible.

Can’t hurt to ask.

Kyrin

BDW
          Participant

I still have not found anyone to care for my son…I was going to do at least one place on the morning my boyfriend is here but now he tells me that he won’t have that morning anymore.
            I’m no further ahead. 🙁

I hope you find something soon. I’ll keep thinking good thoughts.

Skigod377
            Participant

I will too. Things usually have a way of working out, but I was just telling Star, I dont envy you the worry you are going thru. 🙁

I’ll keep you in my thoughts, Blackdesertwind. I think Kyrin had some good suggestions: start looking for realtors that can do some of the legwork for you. Try to stay positive and keep doing the best you can.

Mmloda
              Participant

OHH… 😯 AWW BDW I am so sorry to hear about your troubles… 😕 🙁 I can`t believe I totally missed this thread.
                I do hope that everything works out for you soon… 🙂

Marzena

I spoke to a friend of mine who takes pictures for a photo image site. Since I know you’re wonderful at photography, I thought you might give this a try. At least it’ll earn you some extra bucks. This is the reply I got from my friend:

There are a number of “micro stock” photography websites out there. I
                signed up with iStockphoto.

http://www.istockphoto.com/

There is a registration and approval process you need to go through.
                Basically, to prove you know how to make good photos. Then each photo
                you submit is reviewed for approval. Their standards are high; they
                really put photos under the microscope before approving them. But even
                I have been able to make some good enough!

You get a little money each time someone buys your photo to download.
                Usually less than $1. But with millions of people going to the
                website, there are people with hundreds or thousands of photos in
                their portfolio and they sell enough to literally make it their full-
                time job.

I hope this helps a little bit…

Purplecat
                Participant

Sigh….what a paradox….perhaps finding some way to work at home would help…then once you got your income up you could just move on your own, without needing the assistance so badly…Your photography is incredible, maybe we can find some way to make that work…

Lets see…how does one go about becoming a professional photographer? I’ve seen books of work by photographers, I have one by Frans Lanting…

And if not…perhaps just some sort of new work, that you could do at home, so you could still be there with your son. 🙂

Anonymous

By the way, there is a photography geared forum I host.

http://forums.mavican.org/

darjeb
                    Participant

Good Luck BDW and I agree with Kyrin’s advice.

I haven’t figured out how to do a “Quote” so this is a copy/paste of Kyrin’s advice.

I really wish there was a way to help you from here. Hang in there, something will turn up. I’d suggest calling some of the real estate folks and tell them what you need, and what price range you can afford. If you have several agencies looking for you, the right place may just turn up.

But you will need to make those phone calls and let them know you are looking. A lot of the time they will know if they have something that will work, or can keep you in mind if something that would work turns up.

But I would definately put out an APB with a realtor that deals in rentals as soon as possible.

Can’t hurt to ask.

Kyrin

Purplecat
                      Participant

*hugs* hang in there hon….we’re rooting for you. 🙂

BDW
                        Participant

👿 Fuck I’ve had it with men!
                          After this relationship…I know for sure that I don’t ever want to be at the mercy of a man.
                          Sorry but I had to rant.
                          He comes home late and starts on me about not picking stuff he leaves laying around. And he has the nerve to say I did that!
                          Well I picked it up and threw it in the garbage!
                          Then went to my room and closed the door. 👿
                          I just want to scream!!!
                          I also have a strong urge to tear out my hair…I guess thats not good. 😯

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 259 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.