fbpx

Sagi's PYO Keeper "Tokma" (April 29th) Pg 4

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Sagi's PYO Keeper "Tokma" (April 29th) Pg 4

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    machineguts
    Participant

Very nice!! I can’t believe this is your first PYO! Wow! 😮

dragonmedley
      Participant

I’m the one who seals before antiquing 😉

I LOVE what you have. I would just antique at this point, but this is where you see how everybody’s preferences influence them. I like the simpler color schemes.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Skeeterdeee
        Participant

dragonmedley wrote:

I LOVE what you have. I would just antique at this point, but this is where you see how everybody’s preferences influence them. I like the simpler color schemes.
          I learned the hard way that I should seal before antiquing. I must rub too hard, the first one I tried I rubbed the first layers of paint off! 🙄

etruscan
          Participant

Green? Blue? Hmmm … very dark ruby red? 🙂 I’m not a painter – I just admire. I’m sure that whatever you choose will be lovely.

Apari
            Participant

skeeterdeee wrote:

dragonmedley wrote:

I learned the hard way that I should seal before antiquing. I must rub too hard, the first one I tried I rubbed the first layers of paint off! 🙄
              That’s exactly what I’m afraid is going to happen… I’ll get it though. 🙂

etruscan wrote:

Green? Blue? Hmmm … very dark ruby red? 🙂 I’m not a painter – I just admire. I’m sure that whatever you choose will be lovely.

I actually looked at different accent colors using Photoshop and came up with a yellow/gold color. It looked best out of all the other colors.

Anonymous

Sagi, I think its BEAUTIFUL the way it is – and that antiquing confuses me when its talked about, but I’ll assume you are wanting to put some dark colors into the cracks of whats white? Err…..or all over everywhere or ? lol I dunno…….but it really IS BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations, excellent work, I love the earth tone colors on anything (ask Kal!) and would not want to introduce a blue or green, myself but whatever you do, looks like you KNOW what you are doing! WTG! ^5 and all that 🙂

Apari
                Participant

Poems wrote:

Sagi, I think its BEAUTIFUL the way it is Thanks Poems!– and that antiquing confuses me when its talked about, but I’ll assume you are wanting to put some dark colors into the cracks of whats white? That’s exactly what I have in mind, it just gives the scales more contrast and makes it look more natural. Err…..or all over everywhere or ? lol I dunno…….but it really IS BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations, excellent work, I love the earth tone colors on anything Me too! I love the natural look. Even though it is orange. hehe(ask Kal!) and would not want to introduce a blue or green, myself but whatever you do Yeah, I just got done putting on the yellow/gold accents on one side. It’s very subtle, which is what I want. Almost not noticeable, then you’re like “Oh that is a different color”., looks like you KNOW what you are doing! WTG! ^5 and all that^5 🙂

siberakh1
                  Participant

I also seal before antiquing. Just a light layer, let it dry, then antique. I’ve had paint rub off when I’ve tried to antique otherwise, more so with brush painting than if I do a coat that’s airbrushed. I don’t get the paint layers rubbing off in high spots now when I antique. I of course then apply 2-3 light layers of sealant when completely done. 🙂

Apari
                    Participant

siberakh1 wrote:

I also seal before antiquing. Just a light layer, let it dry, then antique. I’ve had paint rub off when I’ve tried to antique otherwise, more so with brush painting than if I do a coat that’s airbrushed. I don’t get the paint layers rubbing off in high spots now when I antique. I of course then apply 2-3 light layers of sealant when completely done. 🙂

Thanks for the tip Sib! Should I do the before antique seal in a non glossy matte clear coat? I don’t want it to be overly glossy after applying the final clear coat. Thanks.

Apari
                      Participant

Here’s Koondra all finished. Well kinda, I might decide to antique later… But I have a lot going on right now.

Anna
                        Participant

He’s wonderful! 😀

PurpleTurtle
                          Participant

Wow! He’s very beautiful. Great job 😀 .

This is beyond stunning, I can’t believe this is your first pyo!
                            Totally blows my first attempt out of the water. I love the natural browns and rust colors you chose. Really wonderful job!

Apari
                            Participant

EtruscusShadow wrote:

Totally blows my first attempt out of the water. I love the natural browns and rust colors you chose. Really wonderful job!

Aww, thanks hun… And don’t say that about your 1st PYO, I think the muse is great! I hear that they are kinda hard too, I don’t think I could paint one very well. 2 much texture, and soo small! 🙂

sagiaparri wrote:

EtruscusShadow wrote:

Aww, thanks hun… And don’t say that about your 1st PYO, I think the muse is great! I hear that they are kinda hard too, I don’t think I could paint one very well. 2 much texture, and soo small! 🙂

Thank you so much, that means alot :3 They are indeed kind of hard to paint the first go around XD But after the first go, they get easier and easier. I would like to see you paint one, one time if you feel so inclined :3
                              Heck, maybe we could do a mono-e-mono trade sometime XD;
                              I prefer the Gryphons myself :3

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 103 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.