fbpx

Return of the old Wolf?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Return of the old Wolf?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

Ms.Melody,there has been chatter about your old Wolf.Would it be possible to bring these back for a quick appearance like the Bobcats did one day?thx❤️

Screenshot_20240609-075757

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

etruscan
      Participant

Maybe if they find some left-over wolf castings (or a functional mold) in the bottom of a box that was packed in California? I think that the bobcats were old unpainted castings that Melody painted after they were found, not new castings.

Bodine
        Participant

Awww that would be a shame if it’s lost.Would make a good grab bag batch.

fatalbeauty
          Participant

would be nice to see any new old animals sculpts in the store especially the ones that never got a store run like the mother meerkats…..

4 things I'm looking for:
            1. Mother Meerkat
            2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF, Brimstone would be awesome!
            3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
            4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Melody
            Keymaster

Most of the “old line” animals that surfaced after we moved to Oregon were original castings. They had been boxed up and forgotten about when they were discontinued. There weren’t any leftover unpainted wolves.
              I don’t know if we still have any mold tooling for those old wolves, but we probably do still have the “master” casting somewhere in the storage unit. The rubber molds are long gone! They don’t last forever.

fatalbeauty
              Participant

can’t there be a day to go into the storage unit? they are just sitting there half ready to go, you just need the master casting then make a mold off that, the rubber molds shouldn’t matter in the equation since they can be remade….I know we don’t know exactly how it works but you explained kinda how it works years ago, you just need the gypsum master and molds can be made from that so I don’t understand why it’s never turned into a “let’s go look in the storage unit for them” day….

1. Mother Meerkat
                2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF, Brimstone would be awesome!

Melody
                Keymaster

These wolves were fairly big! About as tall as a male dragon, as I remember.

Melody
                  Keymaster

can’t there be a day to go into the storage unit? they are just sitting there half ready to go, you just need the master casting then make a mold off that, the rubber molds shouldn’t matter in the equation since they can be remade….I know we don’t know exactly how it works but you explained kinda how it works years ago, you just need the gypsum master and molds can be made from that so I don’t understand why it’s never turned into a “let’s go look in the storage unit for them” day….

It might happen someday… who knows?
                    Yes, new molds can be made from the master, but unless we still have the “tooling” ( that is what we call the molds for the molds) it would be a big job to re-make all the plaster parts that are needed to cast them. We always have so much other stuff we are trying to produce!

fatalbeauty
                    Participant

It might happen someday… who knows?
                      Yes, new molds can be made from the master, but unless we still have the “tooling” ( that is what we call the molds for the molds) it would be a big job to re-make all the plaster parts that are needed to cast them. We always have so much other stuff we are trying to produce!

would still love it to happen!

in the long run, it would be a bunch of new items to the newer people, awesome things that they rest of us would finally have a chance at, people would bring in new people too by telling them “this place over here has that <insert item here> you want!” and or lots of extra money to make! …sure we’ll buy almost anything but it opens up a bunch of new people buying something they didn’t have the opportunity to buy before (meerkats for me of course) and not everyone is here for mystical/magical animal/wizard, there would be plenty that would love a cat like theirs with tabbys/licking/sitting cats and all the other animals would bring joy to many people…..I know for one, there’s no beautiful meerkats like your’s out there, I’ve looked everywhere, the ones out there are all dead eyed and weird looking, your’s look like they would come to life at any moment! I know it seems like there’s enough to do already with the dragons but not all of us are looking mostly for dragons, new variety with all those old animals would be awesome!

and you made them back in the day to be enjoyed by others didn’t you? seems silly to me to put all that work and love into them to then let them be sad on a shelf instead of being put into production so we can all love them! please make the old animals again including the meerkats so we all can have a chance to enjoy those beautiful creatures! squeak squeak squeak!!

1. Mother Meerkat

Bodine
                      Participant

These wolves were fairly big! About as tall as a male dragon, as I remember.

Ahhh Grasshopper sees…I didn’t know they were that big.NICE! A basic solid coloring batch would be nice😉

etruscan
                        Participant

The perspective in this ad is a bit goofy but you can see that the wolves really were big!

Windstone_old-animals_ad

Melody
                          Keymaster

I should do a video of our storage unit. You have no idea the magnitude of the issue.

Melody
                            Keymaster

I wandered through the storage building yesterday and took a quick look around. Some of the discontinued molds are stored there but I didn’t see any of the old animal molds.

fatalbeauty
                              Participant

I wandered through the storage building yesterday and took a quick look around. Some of the discontinued molds are stored there but I didn’t see any of the old animal molds.

a video would be interesting! and I think a day in the storage unit would be worth it if not several if that’s what it takes to go through things!

a quick look? well if it’s a big space, I’m sure there’s lots of places they could be hiding in there! it would be worth it at the very least just to get things organized and of course getting them all out to make again! squeak squeak squeak!

1. Mother Meerkat

Melody
                                Keymaster

a video would be interesting! and I think a day in the storage unit would be worth it if not several if that’s what it takes to go through things!

a quick look? well if it’s a big space, I’m sure there’s lots of places they could be hiding in there! it would be worth it at the very least just to get things organized and of course getting them all out to make again! squeak squeak squeak!

Oh, it is a VERY organized storage building.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.