fbpx

Repair in Progress, Faceless Male Dragon Completed 8/20

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Repair in Progress, Faceless Male Dragon Completed 8/20

Viewing 10 posts - 91 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • Author

dragonessjade wrote:

Yay, I received this yesterday. I can kinda tell where it was fixed….but it totally looks really good and tons better having a face. Thank you again for the fast shipping and repair work. πŸ˜€

Wow, they weren’t kidding about how fast it would get there, I was sceptical when they said Saturday, when I was sending it out on Friday.

Glad you are happy with him. Packing job was okay then?

I like the “I can kinda tell where it was fixed”, that makes me happy, means I did a good job.

And you are welcome, I’d been really wanting to pit my skills against that one ever since Bluepony mentioned it. So I really enjoyed doing that one, because now I know I can fix it.

Kyrin

Kyrin wrote:

dragonessjade wrote:

Yay, I received this yesterday. I can kinda tell where it was fixed….but it totally looks really good and tons better having a face. Thank you again for the fast shipping and repair work. πŸ˜€

Wow, they weren’t kidding about how fast it would get there, I was sceptical when they said Saturday, when I was sending it out on Friday.

I like the “I can kinda tell where it was fixed”, that makes me happy, means I did a good job.

And you are welcome, I’d been really wanting to pit my skills against that one ever since Bluepony mentioned it. So I really enjoyed doing that one, because now I know I can fix it.

Kyrin
    Haha, nope they weren’t kidding. Yep, the packing job was fine. Well it is just because I am picky and that is why I said I can kinda tell.

And I do remember you wanting to put it together so that is why I picked you for the job. πŸ˜‰

Maria
    Participant

Oh wow, Kyrin. Very nice. That must be the most impressive repair job to date.

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Oh wow, Kyrin. Very nice. That must be the most impressive repair job to date.

Thanks.

Kyrin

dragonessjade wrote:

Kyrin wrote:

dragonessjade wrote:

Kyrin
      Haha, nope they weren’t kidding. Yep, the packing job was fine. Well it is just because I am picky and that is why I said I can kinda tell.

And I do remember you wanting to put it together so that is why I picked you for the job. πŸ˜‰

I know…I was picking him apart when I was done, but I decided to leave him alone, before I messed him up, after all he looks pretty good, I figured if I kept messing with him, I’d screw him up.

And thanks for letting me fix him.

Kyrin

Kyrin wrote:

dragonessjade wrote:

Kyrin wrote:

dragonessjade wrote:

Kyrin

I know…I was picking him apart when I was done, but I decided to leave him alone, before I messed him up, after all he looks pretty good, I figured if I kept messing with him, I’d screw him up.

And thanks for letting me fix him.

Kyrin
      Yep, that is how I am as well… Your welcome. πŸ˜€

Laurie
      Participant

Kyrin wrote:

Well here we go, all fixed. Overall full pic of the griffon himself will be presented shortly, just need to let the Eye Protect dry so I can take it off first.

Sorry the pics are a little fuzzy, and of course black reflects light a bit as well. But this should give you a good idea how his feet look.

Sections completely rebuilt from scratch include, the ridges and part of the claw on his far left toe on the right foot, the feathers at the top of the left leg, the section of tail between the first and second toe of the left foot, including those little special feathers with the blue, purple and gold. The tail portion between the second and third toe on the left foot. And finally a section of the left foot itself from the top of the third toe going up about 1/2 inch and wrapping around the front of the leg a bit.

Overall I think he looks pretty good, and I am really pleased that even with close inspection the breaks are completely hidden, even knowing where they were, I can’t find them. I just love how he turned out.

Now I just need that poor defaced dragon to make his appearance. LOL!

I will box this guy up and find out how much his return shipping will be, then let you know Pegasi.

Hope you are happy with this repair.

Here he is full view.

What his feet looked like before.

Kyrin

All I can say is WOW!!! that’s fantastic Kyrin. Now I know for sure my unicorns coming to you

Pegasi1978
        Participant

Yup Kyrin does fantastic work! You can barely tell he was repaired. I still cringe when I see that picture even when I can look on top of my doll cabinet and see he’s got whole feet.

Thunderwing
          Participant

Oh my. That is very impressive work! I would never have thought a windstone that badly broken could be so nicely repaired.

Thunderwing wrote:

Oh my. That is very impressive work! I would never have thought a windstone that badly broken could be so nicely repaired.

Thanks guys.

Kyrin

Viewing 10 posts - 91 through 100 (of 100 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.