fbpx

Repair in Progress, Faceless Male Dragon Completed 8/20

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Repair in Progress, Faceless Male Dragon Completed 8/20

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Katherine
    Participant

That is an awesome repair job!

Pegasi1978
      Participant

He’s here! FedEx did a dump and run. Didn’t even ring my doorbell. 😑 He looks wonderful. There is one small spot that looks like the paint rubbed off the middle claw on one foot (it’s not all camera glare on the second pic), but I can touch that up. Thank you so much. Oh and Aubrey (that’s his name) has something to say as well.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/pegasi1978/windstone/griffin.jpg
        http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/pegasi1978/windstone/griffinwunicornsdragons.jpg

pegasi1978 wrote:

He’s here! FedEx did a dump and run. Didn’t even ring my doorbell. 😑 He looks wonderful. There is one small spot that looks like the paint rubbed off the middle claw on one foot (it’s not all camera glare on the second pic), but I can touch that up. Thank you so much. Oh and Aubrey (that’s his name) has something to say as well.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/pegasi1978/windstone/griffinwunicornsdragons.jpg

I am so happy he arrived safely, sorry about missing a spot, I thought I got them all.

The picture is cute, thanks.

Kyrin

Pegasi1978
        Participant

Nah don’t worry about the spot. You did wonderful. I think the wrapping may have rubbed it off somewhere along the way.

Mmloda
          Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

Ohh that is so cute… πŸ˜€

Marzena

Purplecat
            Participant

Man, I sat here so confused for a minute! I was going, “Boy his head is big! What kind of repairs did she DO?” I finally figured it out, hehe… πŸ˜†

purplecat wrote:

Man, I sat here so confused for a minute! I was going, “Boy his head is big! What kind of repairs did she DO?” I finally figured it out, hehe… πŸ˜†

πŸ˜€ I was thinking the same thing at first

Aw, glad he arrived safely.

Any word on the white male dragon, Kyrin?

dragonessjade wrote:

He’s here?

It’s slow going, I have to build it in sections, let it set partway, fill in details, let fully set, then mix more repeat. So far I only have the left eye ridge and socket rebuilt and part of the cheek. This will probably take me a bit longer than I thought.

Kyrin

Kyrin wrote:

dragonessjade wrote:

He’s here?

It’s slow going, I have to build it in sections, let it set partway, fill in details, let fully set, then mix more repeat. So far I only have the left eye ridge and socket rebuilt and part of the cheek. This will probably take me a bit longer than I thought.

Kyrin
              Okie dokie. I thought pics would arrive soon, but looks like I will have to grow some patience. haha

dragonessjade wrote:

Okie dokie. I thought pics would arrive soon, but looks like I will have to grow some patience. haha

Okay, here you go, the left side thus far…long way to go yet. This is the side where the eye socket was completely gone, you can kind of see where the Apoxie starts.

I will keep at it, I can only do a tiny bit at a time, because I have to wait for the Apoxie Sculpt to set up between shapings, otherwise I will mess up the first bit while working on the new, and that usually means I spend anothe hour or so going back and fixing the first part, so I’ve learned to take this in stages, it’s slow, but the end results will be so worth it.

Kyrin

Awesome, at least he has a nose now. πŸ˜€ Thanks for doing this. πŸ˜€

Maria
              Participant

Wow, Kyrin, great work!
                Pegasi, I thought Aubrey was a girl’s name?

Purplecat
                Participant

It looks great so far! Keep us posted on him!

Pegasi1978
                  Participant

Aubrey (to me at least) is one of those names that has become gender neutral. In fact I just checked out the baby name book we still have hanging around from picking names for my son (great resource for coming up with character names for stories) and Aubrey is an Old German name meaning “elf ruler” or “elf spirit”. It was originally a boys’ name now bestowed more often on girls.

All I know is while he was on his way home I kept thinking to myself “Aubrey is on his way”, “Aubrey is almost home,” et cetera so I knew Aubrey had to be his name. My black unicorn male got his name the same way.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 100 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.