fbpx

Regrets?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

Regrets, yes. My White Mother Dragon which was one of the second Windstone I ever got and the first I bought myself. First being my Emerald Male I still have thankfully which was a gift from my older brother. Now that I think of it, getting another White Mother to replace her wouldn’t be the same.

I also regret my recent trade with tat since I really miss my Peacock Lap and all the work I put into fixing her horns since they were both broken off. It was like it never happened and I was really proud of the repair…plus the dragon I got in return wasn’t really as expected.

I guess that’s what happens sometimes. Live and learn.

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

lamortefille
      Participant

I am also a black hole collector. I have only re-homed two pieces: a gold young and a white curlie. I don’t miss them at all and I hope their new owners enjoy them:)

Stephanie
        Participant

Jasmine wrote:

I’m a total hoarder too.

I have a EmPea OW I keep thinking I should just sell but I can’t seem to make myself do it. 😉

I’m saving for one if you ever decide to sell. 😀

Jodi
          Participant

I regretted buying the White Young Dragon and have rehomed him since, although at a loss. I may have to sell some pieces soon if I don’t get a job soon, and I WILL regret that.

Kujacker
            Participant

I don’t sell any of my guys 🙂 I buy to keep! …even if I have absolutely NO room left to put any new comers 😆 Might have to box up some of my Zoids models… I have every one on display… and I have about 20+ x__x Maybe my Transformers toys too… blah maybe not! But yeah. No room anymore 😆

Dragonlairqueen
              Participant

No regrets here; I bought a couple of extras to trade for the first time, but I don’t regret that yet! I also don’t regret shelling out the dough for the original Brown family about 20 years ago. The family is bigger now! And I think the Rainbow curlie is the most stunning creature! I need to post a pic of mine with my Peacock wizard… a gorgeous pair! :0)

skigod377 wrote:

Heck yeah. And they are a lot cuter in person that I thought they would be. Im quite happy with mine!! I hope you learn to love him!!

Yep, Dragoness has sold me back my OW. Im doing a partial trade for a pink lap and rainbow curlie (that just didnt do anything for me) and then cold hard cash. 😆
                Aw, I am happy to do it. I do try to stick by my word and that was part of the agreement. I also knew how much it meant to you. If you see another pink albino griffin let me know and you can have that one back as well. 😉

One thing I do regret is selling the Brown OW which was sold to someone else on the forum. I am sure that it has a happy new home, but I didn’t even think I would miss it. I miss it more than my white one that I sold. 😳

Maria
                Participant

lamortefille wrote:

I am also a black hole collector. I have only re-homed two pieces: a gold young and a white curlie. I don’t miss them at all and I hope their new owners enjoy them:)

You bet!
                  I’ve kept all the Windstones I ever bought as well, with two exceptions. Aky got an emerald curlie as a gift (but I have one myself so that was no biggie) and I traded a VF fledge for the blue and lavender pearlie curlies. I really don’t care for the orangey VF color.

I’ve only sold one production piece..A mother coiled in peacock….Nope…Still don’t regret it. 😉 I regret that I no longer have enough room to pack rat away in WIndstones, or the money to be able to afford an SK. Maybe…one day…when I have to find it as a retired sculpt on ebay. 😆 🙄
                  Otherwise I haven’t regretted even one of my Windstones… 😀

Participant

I have about 3 regrets:

1.) Selling my Black Grand Unicorn. Not only did it nearly double in value a year or two later, but I found out it had a different tail from the regular grands. I wasn’t thinking too clearly I guess because at the time I had just finished school, was in a temp job, had student loans coming up, was moving to a newer house, and my dad was terminally ill. Oh well, live a learn.

2.) Way over paid for a dragon. Knew it at the time, but thought I could resell at a later time with only a little loss. Now the market has tanked so, probably 50% loss. Again, live and learn.

3.) Not buying a tan griffin for $60 when I had the chance when they were in stores (brand new!!). I have one now, but paid waaayyy more. Ugh. I still like him though.

—————————————————-

Nothing however, is not without a silver lining. I’m glad I now have a Emerald Cat Wizard, Mother Kirin and Wizard Retreat Candle Lamp. Two of these I paid very good money for since they had been retired for awhile. I enjoy them enough that there really isn’t any regrets. So I guess it works out. 🙂

My $1.05 worth.

Starbreeze
                    Participant

Well, I don’t regret selling any, because I’m another black-hole collector. No Windstone that I bought for myself, has ever been re-homed. There are several that I regret not buying when I had the chance, including most recently, the male Beagle griffin. 🙂

Skigod377
                      Participant

Oooh, the black grand uni… thats a big one. I would def regret that one, too. So sorry you dont have him any more.

Maria
                        Participant

Wow, SilverArrow, you sold a special Black Grand? That must hurt – I’m sorry.

SilverArrow wrote:

I have about 3 regrets:

1.) Selling my Black Grand Unicorn. Not only did it nearly double in value a year or two later, but I found out it had a different tail from the regular grands. I wasn’t thinking too clearly I guess because at the time I had just finished school, was in a temp job, had student loans coming up, was moving to a newer house, and my dad was terminally ill. Oh well, live a learn.

The market is fickle because people are fickle.

Personally I’ve learned, things are only worth what someone will pay for them. And knowing when to hold ’em or fold ’em is a real tough call.

IOWs don’t sweat the little stuffs. You sold it, it’s gone, you had you’re (very good) reasons and there was no guarantee that you would have been the one to receive that major profit from it.

As much as I’d really like to have a Black Grand Unicorn, reality kicks in, I have three real ones to feed.

Now for sentimental value ….. I have a horse that you couldn’t pay me enough $$$ for her.

Do I regret any of my Windstones? Naw, but I do regret having to deal with some real loosers who do not seem to realize that they should take responsibility for their mistakes; referring to eBay here.

~Hoofer nickers

Participant

Hoofer wrote:

The market is fickle because people are fickle.

Personally I’ve learned, things are only worth what someone will pay for them. And knowing when to hold ’em or fold ’em is a real tough call.

IOWs don’t sweat the little stuffs. You sold it, it’s gone, you had you’re (very good) reasons and there was no guarantee that you would have been the one to receive that major profit from it.

Very well said. You just never know. I should note, that since that time (about 1.5 years now) I have parted with a lot of other belonging because me and my family had just too much. Still sorting through storage garages.

When I think of the amount of time, money, resources that went into acquiring, packing/unpacking, shipping, storing, etc. that stuff it just amazes me. We could have replaced most of it 3 times over.

In the end, as a collector I do regret it, but to be totally honest I had/have so much going on in my life that it was just one small part. Learning to let physical possessions go and knowing that it allows for more important things in your life (family, time for your dreams, etc) has been a lesson I have been working on for quite a while. I’m still deprogramming myself from the way my parents thought about stuff. You know, “they don’t make them like that anymore” or “you couldn’t just go out any buy that again”. It’s been a tough haul and I still have more to go through, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I’m looking forward to the freedom that will come with less stuff. Life is about learning.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 75 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.