fbpx

Red Glass votive holders for Candle Lamps.

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Red Glass votive holders for Candle Lamps.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    ladybrooklyn
    Participant

ladybrooklyn
      Participant

Melody… I have the Gryphon candle lamp… and years ago… the candle got so hot (can’t remember how now…) that it cracked and literally destroyed the red glass votive holder.

Are replacement votive holders available from the factory? or do I have to continue my search for something similar?

Or… does anyone out there have a spare?

Ya, I have a Maya Hill piece that came without the votive but I would like it so I’ll inquire about the voltive too.

Melody
        Keymaster

email Karen, karen@windstoneeditions.com We must have more of those. Or just go to a thrift shop and find something similar to use. Did you use a candle that didn’t have a metal thing under the wick? That might cause the candle to burn down and not go out before it gets the glass too hot.
          Be sure to have the candle lamp on a level surface too, so the flame doesn’t get too close to one side of the glass.

Melody
          Keymaster

CherylKaufman wrote:

Ya, I have a Maya Hill piece that came without the votive but I would like it so I’ll inquire about the voltive too.

Any votive holder that fits will work. They are common items. Just go to a candle shop or craft place that carries stuff like that. Thrift shops are my favorite. Or, if all else fails, pester Karen for one.

ladybrooklyn
            Participant

Thanks!

It might have been a candle without a metal thing… hum… that just might have been it…

Or the flame did get to close to the class… Hum… it’s been so long now. πŸ˜€

Thanks! I’ll email her and see if she has any! I need a felt pad for my PYO Gryphon too! πŸ˜†

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

I’m pretty sure you could find a rplacement votive holder at any Target, Walmart, or even Yankee Candle. They are the same size as a common votive holder.

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

ladybrooklyn
                Participant

drag0nfeathers wrote:

I’m pretty sure you could find a rplacement votive holder at any Target, Walmart, or even Yankee Candle. They are the same size as a common votive holder.

Believe it or not… it’s NOT that easy to find a red votive holder that isn’t too big… or with smooth glass…

Most of the time they are too big. I’ve been looking for ages…

Participant

I agree. I was trying to find a similiar glass holder for my griffin candle lamp in a different color so I could make the eyes change color and all I found was a thin-walled clear one. I couldn’t find even a similiar red one in the shade that Windstone carries.

I ended up buying the light display (from a vendor) for the candle lamps and then went to Evil-Mart and purchased different colored night light bulbs. The effect was really cool, but didn’t have the movement that candle light had.

The colors I got from the eyes were red, yellow, and green/blue. Pretty verstile.

Not having any WIndstone candle lamps (yet) I cannot vouchsafe that they’ll fit, but QVC (either via yer TV or at QVC.com) has tiny rechargable votives that flicker just like candles… and they even have a set that slowly fade from color to color in jewel tones. I bought two sets for the regular candle lamps I have in the house, as I have a thing for candles, but do not have a thing for falling asleep and waking to fire. πŸ˜€

I’m thinking the set I have, dropped into a clear votive holder on your windstone candle lamps would work without the problem of overheating, and solve the “changing eye” thing without trying to find differnet color holders.

Just a thought. πŸ˜€

Participant

Cool! Thank you for the info, I’ll take a look. πŸ˜€

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.