fbpx

Really? … and I thought 2012 was bad. My apologies, I need to rant!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Really? … and I thought 2012 was bad. My apologies, I need to rant!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    etruscan
    Participant

So sorry to hear about this. Cleaning up and repair may seem like a never-ending process, but you will get through it. Maybe you have had all the bad luck for 2013 (and 2014, and 2015) in one lump. I hope so!

WolfenMachine
      Participant

dude…man, Im sorry Drag0n 🙁 That’s really terrible about your sister’s collection too. I can’t imagine having to get rid of a big collection because of water damage.

I hope things at work and with Saun even out and take a turn for the better. Hey, at least yall dont live together…fighting with someone and being stuck in that person’s space doesn’t help. *hugs* I always believe that when a lot of bad shtuff happens, that means that an equal level of good stuff is coming…so I hope that’s true for you too. Maybe all of this that’s happened is all the bad stuff that will happen this year and once its over, it will be good things from there on out 🙂

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

LOL! Shaun and I do live together! We were just finghting about money basically. (as always) I pay all the bills mostly and he’s only responsible for his own personal bills and buying food basically. I make a lot more then him so I try to be fair, but yea… so we have had like no food in the house for like 3 weeks so I was getting annoyed and we had a spat. I’m just tired of being mommy basically, if I wanted kids I would have had some! LOL!

Anyway, that’s just the basic issue there. Work is another one with managment getting shuffled around everywhere I feel like I am always left holiding the bag with the brunt of the work. It’s slowly turning into where I used to work where you get punished the more capable you are and rewarded for being incompetent. People don’t want ot learn how to do things, it’s easier to make me do it since I already know how to do everything. Bah!

I could whine all day about it but I’m tired of my own complaints at this point. LOL!

TGhanks everyone for the concerns though. I appreciate a sympatietic ear once in a while. I try not to be a complainer, but yea. It’s been a lot all at once. >_<

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

LadyFirebird
          Participant

OMG!!!!! Your year isn’t starting out great–I’m so sorry about all the things that happened! I hope you can get things cleaned up soon but what a bummer! When it rains, it pours and it certainly has poured down on you!

*jaw drops*

I can’t even imagine the mess you’re coping with, drag0n–at least you’re to the point where you can laugh even a little over it. I’m with Wolfen–hopefully this means an equal mount of good stuff is just around the corner for you and your sister!

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

I sure hope so… here it is roughly 3 days later since it started and now half the house (upstairs AND downstairs) smells of this mildew combined with smelly gym bag >_< We ripped the carpet out and the wood underneath still has "puddles" on it after using the wet dry vac and a dehumidifier running non stop.

The insurance company is coming tomorrow to take photos, but they said and I quote "you should have just left it all alone until we got there to properly ascertain the actual damage. Now you probably made it worse and may have jeopardized your ability to collect any or all repair costs"

Really? I guess we should have left 3 inches of steaming water to soak into the walls, baseboard, and floor until it seeped even more into the basement. By now we could have had our own indoor skating rink complete with tranquil poisonous mold forest. What a bunch of jerks.

Got a busted Windstone?
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Tattoo Mother Kirin

dragonshoard
              Participant

I hope you managed to take some photographs as you started the cleanup?

Tara
                Participant

The insurance company is coming tomorrow to take photos, but they said and I quote “you should have just left it all alone until we got there to properly ascertain the actual damage. Now you probably made it worse and may have jeopardized your ability to collect any or all repair costs”

Really? I guess we should have left 3 inches of steaming water to soak into the walls, baseboard, and floor until it seeped even more into the basement. By now we could have had our own indoor skating rink complete with tranquil poisonous mold forest. What a bunch of jerks.

While I can understand them not wanting you to touch it…Wow! They almost sound like they’re already looking for a way out. When our roof leaked our insurance company was at our house asap, and sent in demo people, fans, and eventually a dehumidifier in to try to dry things out as quickly as possible to minimize damage. And they were stretched so thin due to hail and flooding that they had to import insurance people to answer all the claims. The rest of it was slow going but they wasted no time on the damage control part. Hopefully yours comes through for you.

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

Instead of pulling up a new thread I figured I’d update you guys.

New bad news with me? Well, I crashed my truck, am being sued (even though I scratched the womans car I hit going about 5-10 miles an hour and she’s claiming whiplash) still haven’t been able to cash the check from the insurance company to fix my house because insurance companies are STUPID, got dumped for a few days, got back together again (which in retrospect is probably stupid of me) then he got fired from his job again, plus the Jeep I JUST bought him is dead, and I have officially been diagnosed with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder.

I don’t think I have felt much more sorry for myself then I do right now. I know a lot of other people have things going on in their own lives too, but I’m just at that point I think I’ve pretty much hit rock bottom.

If I am not on too often just PM me if you need anything (repairs, commission updates, etc) I am still checking those, but I have a LOT going on so things are just really hecktic so please be patient with responses over the next few weeks. I don’t have much going on, but I have a couple painting commissions I had gotten just to try and make ends meet here and there, so I am working on them when I can, I’m just also trying to work a bunch of overtime at my job too until Shaun finds a new job.

It’s spring time and a lot of places are hiring so I don’t think it’s going to be long. He has to pass a background check for one please right now he already interviewed at so I’m trying to hope for the best, but I can’t help but not be pessimistic at this point on just about every situation.

Thanks to everyone who has PMed me and emailed me with encouragement. You’re words have really kept me going this past month. Thank you! *hugs*

Got a busted Windstone?
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin

dragonmedley
                    Participant

Hugs again!

COPD is though, but it can be manageable with inhalers and stuff.

So major support here and email if you need to, ‘kay?

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Grayfire_artz
                      Participant

HUGS!!!
                        I’m so sorry that really sucks!!

OH Honey you know I am here for you for anything I can help with!! If I can…I WILL do it whatever you need. Huge supportive hugs from me to you even though I am up here in Canada and feel so helpless to give you REAL support.

Chloe
                        Participant

****hugs***** a thousand times

You know I’m around to chat. Man, life is really testing you right now. It’s a good thing you are a strong woman!

Hang in there.

Setsunawolf
                          Participant

Hugs.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                            Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                            Sun Dragon Koi #3

Lesley
                            Participant

Ouch 🙁 Hopefully your bad luck is over now!

On the plus side though, the lawsuit likely will never go through, as she has to prove that she did indeed get whiplash, which is easily found out by a doctor.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.