fbpx

Question about the Gallery

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Question about the Gallery

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Hannah
    Participant

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
      Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Hannah
      Participant

So I recently discussed this briefly with someone and I was wondering why the gallery does this:

Lets say I go to look at my gallery, and then in my Dragons folder. Every time I click on the Dragons folder it seems to treat it as a “search” and it gives me everyone’s dragons and not just my own. The gallery has been doing this when I look at other people’s PYOs too, and I’m wondering if there’s any way to make it not do that – such as not adding keywords, etc to your images? It just seems very strange, and it’s hard to direct someone to my gallery to see my pictures when it just shows them everyone elses πŸ˜†

bayoudragon
        Participant

That’s really strange…. I checked mine. My muses will show up in both my muse folder and my “everything else” folder… but no one else’s PYOs will show up. 😈 πŸ˜†

Kujacker
          Participant

Gallery on top of the page > My gallery in top links > folder. Works for me, and I don’t get anyone else’s but mine.

Hannah
            Participant

Alright, try mine.

http://www.windstoneeditions.com/galleries/index.php?cat=11543

It happens with both your Griffins and your Dragons folders?? There are dragons by Whippetlove, and griffins by Jennifer in them, and many many others, but the other 2 folders work jsut fine, odd.

Kujacker
              Participant

… oh hey my photos are in your gallery.
                Yes, this is weird. I’d ask Jen about it. See if she knows what’s going on. :scratch:

Hannah
                Participant

Yeah ><

Apari
                  Participant

Wow you painted all of those?! j/k πŸ˜›
                    That is strange, but then i’ve seen computers do some wacky stuff!

Jennifer
                    Keymaster

Oh!!

Yeral, I got your PM about this. I thought it was doing something else… disregard the PM I sent you!

This problem has to do with KEYWORDS.

When you set up a keyword for your personal gallery, the gallery software looks at ALL IMAGES in the entire gallery with that keyword.
                      For example, if you set your personal album/gallery to have a keyword of “DRAGON” the gallery software will say “Okay so every image with the keyword ‘Dragon’ goes in here”. And every single image in the entire Windstone gallery with that keyword will appear in your gallery.

Does this make sense??

So, if you have a problem with your gallery showing images that are not yours, edit it and remove all the keywords from it.
                      If you have trouble doing this, link your gallery here and I will go in each and manually fix it.

You do not have to remove keywords from your individual images. Just remove the keywords from the actual GALLERY. πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                      My art: featherdust.com

Apari
                      Participant

I think something else has happened because on page 29 of bayoudragon’s PYO topic there is a link to a picture. It use to work and send you to the correct picture, but now it sends you to one of grayfire’s keepers. (or it does me anyways) πŸ™„

Kujacker
                        Participant

sagiaparri wrote:

I think something else has happened because on page 29 of bayoudragon’s PYO topic there is a link to a picture. It use to work and send you to the correct picture, but now it sends you to one of grayfire’s keepers. (or it does me anyways) πŸ™„

Is it a link to the direct gallery page? It’s been brought up before. If it’s what I think it is, that’s “normal”. I wouldn’t be able to explain it, however.

Adaneth
                          Participant

Kujacker wrote:

sagiaparri wrote:

Is it a link to the direct gallery page? It’s been brought up before. If it’s what I think it is, that’s “normal”. I wouldn’t be able to explain it, however.

Yes, it all depends upon how each individual ‘sorts’ the forum images, and if whoever’s posting the link doesn’t do it the same way, then the other person will end up at the wrong image. I wish it didn’t work that way. :shout:

Hannah
                            Participant

I figured it probably had something to do with the keywords but I didn’t know what πŸ˜† Thank you!!!

Jennifer
                              Keymaster

Adaneth wrote:

Kujacker wrote:

sagiaparri wrote:

Yes, it all depends upon how each individual ‘sorts’ the forum images, and if whoever’s posting the link doesn’t do it the same way, then the other person will end up at the wrong image. I wish it didn’t work that way. :shout:

Yes, unfortunately this happens depending on your personal sorting and your cache and such. There is no way to ‘fix’ it! However the new gallery should be able to get around these problems once it is up. Perhaps sometime this month! I just hope it doesn’t come with all new problems….

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                                My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.