fbpx

PYO Unicorn Horns

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody PYO Unicorn Horns

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi, it’s me again!

I have a member here that I am to purchase some PYOs for, unfortunately for us, I noticed that they are currently out of stock. I know that you’ll get them back in stock, so that’s not really why I am posting.

Considering the jist of my prior message in the Gothic Unicorn thread, I really like the polished silver horns, it dawned on me when I saw that the PYO Unicorns are only being offered with paintable horns.

Would you all also consider releasing the PYO Unicorns with the new polished silver horns as an option at purchase?

I just know the talented artists out there could surely work their color scheme magic with the polished silver horns.

~Hoofer, again

Kim

I also think polished silver would be great for pyo unicorn horns!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

KaytanaPhoenix
      Participant

Isn’t it the same horn? Or do the ‘polished silver’ get a varnish coating?

Pam

It is the same horn. They are both polished, unpainted pewter with a lacquer coating.

Melody
          Keymaster

Hi, it’s me again!

I have a member here that I am to purchase some PYOs for, unfortunately for us, I noticed that they are currently out of stock. I know that you’ll get them back in stock, so that’s not really why I am posting.

Considering the jist of my prior message in the Gothic Unicorn thread, I really like the polished silver horns, it dawned on me when I saw that the PYO Unicorns are only being offered with paintable horns.

Would you all also consider releasing the PYO Unicorns with the new polished silver horns as an option at purchase?

I just know the talented artists out there could surely work their color scheme magic with the polished silver horns.

~Hoofer, again

The Pyo unicorns do get polished pewter horns. They get the same horns as the production unicorns. You can leave ’em as is, or paint them. You need to use a special base coat over the pewter first, so the paint sticks.

Pam

Hi, it’s me again!

~Hoofer, again

The Pyo unicorns do get polished pewter horns. They get the same horns as the production unicorns. You can leave ’em as is, or paint them. You need to use a special base coat over the pewter first, so the paint sticks.

The PYO unicorn horns should be lacquered now, so I think you can just paint directly over that?

Ooooh, color me ignorant. I did not realize that a paintable horn was the same thing as the polished pewter horns being used for the new color schemes. I thought that the new horns were actually silver dipped horn, hence the shiny silver coloration. I did not realize that it’s just super polished pewter, in essence, creating a silvery look.

As for the new horns needing some sort of a base coat over the lacquered, polished pewter …. I am definitely not as artsy an individual as I could have been. I love art and used to draw quiet well. Unfortunately though, I put my pencils down, what seems like, a long time ago. So I would not have known that. Hopefully the painters who are painting these PYO horns know this tidbit. I know I would not have.

Thanks for edimicating me. 🙂

~Hoofer

I’m all for the silvery horns.Having a few gold ones already it’s nice to have the shiny silver for a whole new set.Waiting on the unis to return also.Thank you at Windstone for keeping us all happy. :bigsmile:

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
              (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
              Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Melody
              Keymaster

Hi, it’s me again!

~Hoofer, again

The PYO unicorn horns should be lacquered now, so I think you can just paint directly over that?

We only paint over them when they are not lacquered, ( the hatching pegasus wing) so I don’t know.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.