fbpx

PYO Siamese Set Raffle?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone PYO Siamese Set Raffle?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

I’ve been debating this for a while and thought to get a feel for what you guys think about this. I am planning, instead of doing an elemental series of KiRins or dragons like I originally planned, to do a set of siamese-point Blue-eyed PYOs. Basically, they would all be a pearlesque white/creamy color with brown highlights like siamese cats, done on all currently released Windstone PYOs (Griffin, Winged Wolf, Small Dragon, and KiRin). While I have one finished I don’t want to show it until I do a set, if I go through with this.

My idea, instead of painting a set to split up one by one on EBAY, or forcing any one person to pay a whole lot of money in one go for the set, was to offer Raffle Tickets. I actually have a roll of Red Tickets I use for convention raffles I hold, so while I wouldn’t be shipping them out to people…as I got offers for tickets, I would put everyone’s name on their ticket(s), then draw the winner.

I guess my only qualm would be how much a ticket would cost (wouldn’t want to loose the initial $120 or so it would take to buy the sculpts), and if it’s legal for me to do this, or strikes any nerves with folks as a bad thing. This would almost only be open to forum members too, so I don’t know if there’s that much interest, or interest in the color scheme chosen. I’m just trying to get a feel right now.

What do you guys think? Like the idea? The PYOs used? The colors? If you don’t like the idea or there’s a problem with this, you can PM me your reply.

frozendragon
    Participant

I think it sounds pretty good….didn’t someone do a drawing for something already….

the colors sound neat

wolflodge100
      Participant

I think it’s a great idea! Siamese cats are my favorite. I would buy tickets if they were reasonable. You might see how much intrest you get and base your ticket price on that?

I don’t know if anyone else did? I did try to hold a contest for a custom painted job in exchange for ACEO arts but didn’t reach the quota of entries I was looking for to finalize a winner. It sorta died down and then my life got all crazy and I just let it slip away I guess.

I would have to put down a cash minimum to this I think, so that if I didn’t reach the cost of the sculpts at least, I would refund everyone their monies and cancel the raffle. I’d hope that wouldn’t happen though.

The price per ticket is a bit of a problem. $20 is too much, but $5 is too little I think. It all depends on interest though, you’re right.

wolflodge100
        Participant

depending on intrest, I don’t think $5.00 would be too little if people could buy multiple chances?

Watergazer wrote:

The price per ticket is a bit of a problem. $20 is too much, but $5 is too little I think. It all depends on interest though, you’re right.

I say 10 …and you will give a ACEO card to everyone who buys a chance.

sounds like too much work to me– you would probably do better listing them on ebay.
          I love the idea of the siamese colors tho

Jennifer
          Keymaster

Unfortunately raffles are illegal* in California, and since as far as I know this board and all of Windstone is governed by the State of California… well, it’s a no-go. 🙁 If raffles are legal in your state, Watergazer, you could always hold the raffle elsewhere (on your boards perhaps?)!

*- Non-for profit and charities are allowed to hold raffles, but only with a permit from the state of California, as far as I know.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

Wow, learn something new every day! I will have to check out my state laws, but I’ve heard of raffles all the time here, and have done it at MFF con every year I’ve gone without complaint. I’ll have to look into it to be sure. I suppose in this case I will move the raffle to my forums. Sorry guys.

Also, I think I could mail out a print ACEO to everyone who enters, that is a good idea. I could create an ACEO just for the purpose.

frozendragon
            Participant

raffles are illegal in texas…although you can do them if all the proceeds are going to charity…and if you live in TX you can participate in out of state raffles but still have to pay taxes for TX for anything you win…

Arlla
              Participant

Raffles are illegal???? that’s just silly! If it happens though, Water, I would definitely buy a few tickets!

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
                -J R R Tolkien

Skigod377
                Participant

I think you better put them on Ebay. Im glad someone is doing siamese. It was my first idea for a PYO and I just never got the courage to do it. Id like to see what it would look like.

lamortefille
                  Participant

I’m in if it happens, but I think you would probably do better on eBay.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.