fbpx

PYO Koi ?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody PYO Koi ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Melody,

I know you get constant requests for so many things in PYOs. I was just curious if you have thought about doing some PYO Koi or other fish? (I believe this might have been discussed in another thread a long time ago, but didn’t remember the outcome.) It seems like so many artists are doing so much with Ki-rins with their scales, I can only imagine what we would see with ‘real’ fish.

Participant

dragonmedley
        Participant

A fish with nice smooth scales… yeah, that’s a great idea!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Maria
          Participant

Except that scales are a pain to paint. But hey, there’s no end of paint schemes for a koi! I’d buy ’em.

Aphelion
            Participant

That would be cool. ๐Ÿ˜€ I concur! Koi! Or pufferfish… yess…

Maria
              Participant

Pufferfish! ๐Ÿ˜† With all the spikes out it would be a bit easier to paint than smooth-scaled koi, I think.

Megan
                Participant

A PYO pufferfish… Now that just made my day. 8) If I gave my mother a handpainted fish of any kind I’d gather enough brownie points to last the rest of my life.

So yay fishes! ๐Ÿ˜†

Aphelion
                  Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Pufferfish! ๐Ÿ˜† With all the spikes out it would be a bit easier to paint than smooth-scaled koi, I think.

I wonder how difficult it would be to cast and ship those… ๐Ÿ˜† Yikes!

I can never get good pictures of mine, but here are some cuties. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I’m not hijacking the thread, honest! *twitch*

(from dwarfpuffers.com)

Maria
                    Participant

Aren’t they cuties?
                      You do have a point about the casting, though… ๐Ÿ˜•

Jodi
                      Participant

They are so cute!

Wow, that would be hard to cast.

Starbreeze
                        Participant

Aphelion wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

I wonder how difficult it would be to cast and ship those… ๐Ÿ˜† Yikes!

I can never get good pictures of mine, but here are some cuties. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I’m not hijacking the thread, honest! *twitch*

(from dwarfpuffers.com)

Thread hijacking is the norm around here!!! ๐Ÿ˜†

Melody
                          Keymaster

SilverArrow wrote:

Melody,

I know you get constant requests for so many things in PYOs. I was just curious if you have thought about doing some PYO Koi or other fish? (I believe this might have been discussed in another thread a long time ago, but didn’t remember the outcome.) It seems like so many artists are doing so much with Ki-rins with their scales, I can only imagine what we would see with ‘real’ fish.I would love to do koi, but there is the thin fin problem. I have one that I planned to do in pewter, but it is small. I had also thought of doing some in cement for yard decorations… koi swimming over your lawn… that would be nice.

Oh cement koi. That would be cool. If only I had a yard. Oh well, I’m sure it would look great on a balcony too.

I live in an apartment. If I ever do get the Rock Dragons I plan on keeping them inside. I have crackheads and theives for neighbors. After my last Windstone addition, I am almost scared to leave the house! ๐Ÿ˜†
                            So, the koi will have to swim in the living room! ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†
                            I love Koi…I’d buy cement Koi from you Melody!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.