fbpx

PYO batch2: BP2, T rainbow,Pinky,CJ, Fern,stripes,Griffin

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone PYO batch2: BP2, T rainbow,Pinky,CJ, Fern,stripes,Griffin

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 124 total)
  • Author
    Maria
    Participant

๐Ÿ˜€ He looks wonderful, Koishii.

KoishiiKitty
      Participant

better photo this morning.

beautiful!
        thank you for showing the progress pictures.

KoishiiKitty
        Participant

gryphondreamer wrote:

beautiful!
          thank you for showing the progress pictures.

NP. I think it is fun to share. the camera is having a hard time getting all the different colors that actualy show up, i’ll have to mess with the settings to see if i can fix that.

Maria
          Participant

He’s looking better and better. ๐Ÿ˜€

wolflodge100
            Participant

I am definitly commissioning you as soon as I get some money! ๐Ÿ˜€

This is a really great tutorial post. Thank you so much for showing us. I love seeing the progress pictures. ๐Ÿ˜€

Kasie
              Participant

I love the one you are doing for phill. It looks like it has more blue and green and I love those two colors together!

KoishiiKitty
                Participant

so today I had to improvise a little. We went up north to look for homes(and thankfully we decided to give up looking in the sieras!) so I packed up my stuff and i painted in the car.

yes i did. I did all of my painting in the car…a small hyundai elantra.

so bare with me through the slightly fuzzy photos:

in the carm i started on the back scales, chest scales, worked on the color transition for the wings. I brought Black Pearl for color refrence and to remind me of how the hell i even panted her:

more coloring. not a whole lot different because..again…the photo is not picking up all the colors. but some shading and I added more colors to the middle rib scales:

now you can see a bit of progress. shading is being worked onto the scales with black and gold. (i even worked on this in a pizza hut while my family and i ate)

AHHHH! fuzzy photo! I was racing against daylight and my cammera does not like low lighting, a moving car…and me using one hand to take a photo.

ok, shadding on those gold orange back scales. I need those to be darker…but with color showing through in oder to get the affect i need.
                  the bottle in the bottom corner, that is my water bottle for pianting. I use water with my paint and some GAC 100.
                  the blue thing next to it is my rag for wiping my brushes.
                  that bag is the one the pyo came in. why do I have it? when i paint, be it in a car or at home..i NEED to hold the pyo. using the bag to hold the pyo keeps my fingers from rubbing paint off. I was having trouble with that on earlier pyo’s..but using the bag solves that completely.
                  why are my fingers black? because I antique as i paint. when i do my shading i also antique..and instead of using a sponge………………..I use my fingers.
                  lastly. cofeeee. i never drink cofee but i had a headache so my sister let me drink the last of hers so i could get rid of it. now here is the photo:

one last photo. blurry, but you can see the shading better. this is about where i stopped for today.
                  (i have not yet added any interference)

lamortefille
                  Participant

Beautiful!

Laurie
                    Participant

That is so awsome, thanks for sharing pics. I really love your dragons.

Koishii I absolutely love your paint jobs. I hope I can paint that well someday! (Gotta get my paints first *grumble* stupid shipping) What name do you sell under on eBay?

KoishiiKitty
                      Participant

hardwired wrote:

Koishii I absolutely love your paint jobs. I hope I can paint that well someday! (Gotta get my paints first *grumble* stupid shipping) What name do you sell under on eBay?

I sell under Koishii Kitty. If you see Koishii Kitty any where on the net, that is me. I try to use the same name online.

Painting in the car? Wow that is cool as long as you don’t drive as well. ๐Ÿ˜€

KoishiiKitty
                        Participant

I am finaly getting to the interference part. I spent a lot of time today shding those belly scales. Trying to give him a very “male” look. Like he has been around and has had his battles. so you look at him and his scales look dark and worn..but then you tilt him and they are brilliant gold.

still working on the wings, but the scales are looking nice. I have not gotten the interference on these ones yet.

I just am starting to add intereference on those back scales. I got a realllly cool idea for them.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 124 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.