fbpx

PT's Art -WIPs – June 29 (pg. 11)

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion PT's Art -WIPs – June 29 (pg. 11)

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 177 total)
  • Author

That’s so cool! ๐Ÿ˜€
    There’s so much detail in all your sculpts, and a certain whimsical, otherworldly quality to the shapes that you choose… I can’t wait to see more as you complete new projects.

dragonmedley
    Participant

oh, he’s wonderful!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

beautiful! wow… what a great piece. you’re really awesome at the muscle structure and details… and the expressions are always fabulous. good work yet again!

Nina
      Participant

I love the colors and the design on the inside of his wings! You taking commissions yet ๐Ÿ˜‰

PurpleTurtle
        Participant

enchantments wrote:

I love the colors and the design on the inside of his wings! You taking commissions yet ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks all for the compliments ๐Ÿ˜€ .
          I don’t think I’ll ever do commissions. I like to like the freedom to sculpt what I want when I want. The process of sculpting is very organic for me – if that makes any sense. I may have an idea of what I want to make – but as I progress, it usually evolves into something quit different from my original concept. I worry if I did do commission work, I wouldn’t be able to reproduce what the buyer wanted. I’d be fighting the urge to do something different ๐Ÿ˜ณ . I’ll just stick to selling the sculpts I make, which will hopefully be doing soon ๐Ÿ˜‰ .

lamortefille
          Participant

Amazing!

pipsxlch
            Participant

!!GAAHH!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ *need drooling emoticon* I LOVE Neon! He is TOO cool! You most definitely need to start selling some of your sculpts! I really like the colors/patterns you chose to paint him, and the way you have the spines is really neat. I would buy this guy in a New York minute if I could- well, him and the sea dragon. ๐Ÿ˜‰ *wish wish but I can’t*
              What’s the little unpainted guys; more of your sculpts or ceramics like the pink one looks to be? Will we be seeing more of them? And how does the centaur fare?
              HAH- maybe I can get the car I looked at today (easy on gas), take the vacation I have coming and drive up to get them! No shipping worries! (just wishful thinking here, can’t happen though I would dearly love to see Maine in June again)

PurpleTurtle
              Participant

๐Ÿ˜€
                Thankies! The little guys are ceramic bisque fairy dragons I bought on Ebay ๐Ÿ˜‰ .
                As for the centaur, I actually got as far as attaching him to the horse body. The proportions bugged me so much I took him apart. I think ‘centaur’ is going to end up being a satyr instead, with hand sculpted legs. He’s currently legless and residing on my ‘works in progress’ shelf.
                As I mentioned, I will be selling some of my sculpts at some point. And I won’t mind mailing them when I do. You don’t need to make a special trip or anything ๐Ÿ˜‰ . Although, June in Maine is very lovely ๐Ÿ™‚ .

pipsxlch wrote:

!!GAAHH!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ *need drooling emoticon* I LOVE Neon! He is TOO cool! You most definitely need to start selling some of your sculpts! I really like the colors/patterns you chose to paint him, and the way you have the spines is really neat. I would buy this guy in a New York minute if I could- well, him and the sea dragon. ๐Ÿ˜‰ *wish wish but I can’t*
                What’s the little unpainted guys; more of your sculpts or ceramics like the pink one looks to be? Will we be seeing more of them? And how does the centaur fare?
                HAH- maybe I can get the car I looked at today (easy on gas), take the vacation I have coming and drive up to get them! No shipping worries! (just wishful thinking here, can’t happen though I would dearly love to see Maine in June again)

Mmloda
                Participant

He looks awsome I love his face… ๐Ÿ™‚

Marzena

PurpleTurtle
                  Participant

Here yet is another critter I have made. Most of my sculpts lately have been dragons, so I decided to do something different. This is called a baku (dream-eater). Its a mythical creature from Japanese and Chinese culture that is said to consume nightmares and and in turn remove the bad luck that they bring. The description for these creatures is varied, but some of the constant themes is that have a trunk and tusks of an elephant and that they are generally a benevolent being. I really like how this guy turned out. I took a few liberties on how he was going to look to. I would call him a sort of ‘Africanized’ version of a baku. It was not intentional, but his coloring ended looking like a cross between a hyena and a cheetah ๐Ÿ˜‰ . I intend to keep this guy and I have even painted him a groovy little shelf for the bedroom wall for him to reside on ๐Ÿ˜€ .

Adaneth
                    Participant

I think I’m in love! ๐Ÿ˜† Fabulous work!

The expression is adorable. Beautiful musculature and markings, too. ๐Ÿ˜€

Wow, he is fantastic!! What an exquisite rendering — that’s so cool!!!

Jasmine
                      Participant

Very cool!! I love your interpretation. ๐Ÿ˜€

pipsxlch
                        Participant

He’s wild! He looks rather benevolent, but like he could be bad*** at the same time. I’m not familiar with the myth, so I can’t rate him against their images, but he’s just unique and imaginative to me. I like the use of fur and the paintjob with the sculpture also, and the sense of motion to him. He sort of flows. Definite thumbs up! (for some reason, the eyes make me think of a telescopic goldfish, which adds to the benevolent air)
                          Although I love your dragons, I hope to see more of your creature inspirations!

dragonmedley
                          Participant

You really nailed the expression; he looks like a total sweety. Lovely rendering in general! I’m sure you’ll have nothing but good dreams from now on ๐Ÿ˜€

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 177 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.