fbpx

PM problem!

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone PM problem!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Azurielle
    Participant

Keeper of the Fledgings

Azurielle
      Participant

Help! None of my outgoing pm’s will leave the outbox! I don’t know how to fix the problem or who to even contact about it! I’m in the middle of a couple of transactions too, and I need to get ahold of the people involved, but don’t have emails for all of them! 🙁

Keeper of the Fledgings

Pegasi1978
        Participant

Typically, until a person reads a PM it will sit in your outbox. Only once they have read it will it move to your sent box. If you want to try sending a test PM to me I’ll be happy to double check that the system is still working right.

Lokie
          Participant

azurielle wrote:

Help! None of my outgoing pm’s will leave the outbox! I don’t know how to fix the problem or who to even contact about it! I’m in the middle of a couple of transactions too, and I need to get ahold of the people involved, but don’t have emails for all of them! 🙁

Have the members you PM’d logged in since you sent the PMs? PMs stay in your outbox until the member logs in and reads it. If you look their name up in the members list, it tells you the last time they logged in. (sorry if you already know this, just thought I’d troubleshoot).

If they have logged in since you sent it, could there inbox be full? Members can specify in the User Control Panel what to do with incoming PMs when their inbox is full, and one option is to not accept and hold back all messages until space is available in their inbox.

Azurielle
            Participant

I didn’t know they sit there until collected. I just assumed they weren’t sending because I never noticed it before. One before hasn’t logged on since yesterday, and one it doesn’t say when they last visted. Pegasi, just for my peace of mind, I will send you a test pm, too though. Thanks for the help!
              Azurielle

Keeper of the Fledgings

Pegasi1978
              Participant

No problem! I got your PM and responded to it, so it sounds like they just haven’t logged in since you sent the messages.

Azurielle
                Participant

Got it! Thanks for everyone’s help. 😳

Keeper of the Fledgings

Skigod377
                  Participant

My PM option is not working now. I hit submit and it just refreshes the screen prompting me to submit again and nothing is in my outbox. It just wont SUBMIT!!! SUBMIT DAGNABBIT!! SUBMIIIIIIIT!!!! 👿

I just did a little troubleshooting and the only time it doesnt work is when I use the ‘quote’ option on the message I am replying to. It worked when I just hit ‘reply.’

Anonymous

PM’s don’t work like Outlook. They sit as “Out” until they are dealt with. Then they are “Sent”.

Ski, I think you must be having some issues with a firewall at work, that is, literally, “eating” your cookies. You’ve had problems with the store and PM’s, which leads me to this conclusion. Both sites use cookies to track your session, and any muckery will cause you to be “forgotten” by the site. It’s very common in large organizations because you have multiple internet connections that are hooked via proxies and routers, and you will not always “appear” from the same place to the forum and store during a session. Someone else here was having a similar issue before.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.