fbpx

Plans for New Years, Anyone?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Plans for New Years, Anyone?

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 137 total)
  • Author

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Cool! I hope we have many more New Year’s on the forum to come!

Hear, hear!

Dragon Master wrote:

mimitrek wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

In CA we still have an hour and a half to go. I was out in a bar in Sacramento but decided to come home and spend it with my cats and you guys

Hey — this will be our first New Year’s on the Windstone forum!

Yes and our first New Years as a Windstone family!!

Its really nice to share it with you guys!

Skigod377
    Participant

Awww….our first New Years!

And A Happy Birthday to Snapdragon!

Starbreeze
      Participant

Happy New Year’s everyone!!!

Bob

Last night was very nice. I layed in front of the fire and I ended up with each of my 4 cats with me at different times. they sort of freaked at midnight when everyone started yealing and the fireworks started popping. It only lasted about 10 minutes though

Happy New Year’s everyone!!

Aww… the first forum New Year’s party! You guys are so awesome. And Happy Birthday Snapdragon!!

Anonymous

Thanks guys.
            I sat at home and killed bugs in Warcraft… sigh..

I need to get out more, but with who?

Skigod377
            Participant

Snapdragon wrote:

Thanks guys.
              I sat at home and killed bugs in Warcraft… sigh..

I need to get out more, but with who?

Your gf, of course! So, how many candles were on your birthday cake?

Anonymous

Cake?

Starbreeze
                Participant

Snapdragon wrote:

Cake?

no cake??? πŸ˜₯

Skigod377
                  Participant

Awww..everyone should have cake on their birthday πŸ™ Ok, how many candles should there have been?

Starbreeze
                    Participant

skigod377 wrote:

Awww..everyone should have cake on their birthday πŸ™ Ok, how many candles should there have been?

Ski, you are soooo bad….

Anonymous

skigod377 wrote:

Too many. I’m starting to feel age, more like, I’m starting to feel like I haven’t accomplished enough for my age. I know I’m being hard but still.

Skigod377
                        Participant

Snapdragon wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

Too many. I’m starting to feel age, more like, I’m starting to feel like I haven’t accomplished enough for my age. I know I’m being hard but still.

Yes, you are being hard on yourself. You have college, You own your own buisness!! Thats more than most people will EVER accomplish!

Anonymous

I don’t have college. Truth be told I dropped out of high school. I started a college course on microcomputer specialty but after 2 weeks I basically told the chair that the course was a joke and I wasn’t paying $7K to learn nothing and get a piece of paper. Shortly after I registered a proprietership under my name (this was in 1998) and started doing computer work, which lead to a vendor hiring me after I kept buying parts from them.

I did try my hand at webhosting back in 1999 while working for them, but it never really got off the ground. I wanted to start a dialup ISP 30 miles out of the city in a small town where my GF lived, but I couldn’t raise the capital. Too bad, because I could have easily sold it for 10x it’s worth 2 years later. I think they finally got cable out there in the last year or two.

Sure now I have a mostly stable business, about 50 clients, but wearing all the hats is taking a large toll on my sanity. The end is in sight though, once I can move all 85 web sites over to the new server, I should be able to concentrate on paperwork and moving into the new office.

I keep getting thrown for loops when I think I’m getting a handle on things, my car gets stolen, my office lease got terminated and I had to move home (which in itself is a big problem because now you cannot move in the apartment, we can’t watch TV, go in the livingroom .. our place is a storage unit ..) .. just now I have arranged for a new office, this weekend we are building up a new wall for it, do some wiring and paint it, then I can move in and get organized again.

I guess that German side of me is all the strong will that keeps me going, I believe in doing something proper, if you’re going to do it, do it right, and keep at it, but it really gets tiring after a while, not having any social life to speak of, and I can imagine how hard all of this is on my girlfriend who doesn’t get to take me out anymore, go to movies, etc.. there just isn’t anytime. The only reason I can post on forums is because I’m actually onsite on a contract, and watch things remotely between answering phones and ordering parts. I have to keep contracting because the webhosting does not bring in enough money to support the business since I am still paying off equipment, so I need a source of income to pay myself still.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 137 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.