fbpx

pink dragons

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody pink dragons

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 290 total)
  • Author
    Travistie
    Participant

He would definitely look good in that shell pink color. Either with light yellow eyes, or even green eyes like Melody used on Ski’s Scratcher. Those eyes look perfect with that shade of pink.

I don’t have an Emperor yet, but I can picture a shell pink one in my mind very clearly… and I think he would be gorgeous. πŸ˜€

Maria
      Participant

Nytetyger wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

frozendragon wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Yech. Real men don’t wear pink.

Hmm when I was in Italy…..a lot of men were wearing pink…and they looked pretty real…

although…that was a long time ago…and pink is so out of style for men now….LOL

Real as in flesh and blood? Probably. But pink is not a manly color, and guys who wear it are effeminate.

Um, wrong.
        My father in law had a pink shirt, as well as a pink SUIT he wore for years, and by the many women who threw, and still DO throw themselves at him, and the way he’s reciprocated, *effeminate* is nothing of the sort when he’s wearing either.

You might not like it personally on a man, but it’s hardly effeminate on every single man.

Pink is associated with women and femaleness for a reason. Honestly, I don’t know what the reason is, but your average person will associate pink with female, and it’s not a man’s color. It never has been until the fashion designers decided to add another ridiculous creation to their repertoire.

But anyway, I didn’t mean to get political here. I agree – yellow on eyes on the OW would be a slight improvement. But I still don’t like the color.

KoishiiKitty
        Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Nytetyger wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

frozendragon wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Yech. Real men don’t wear pink.

Hmm when I was in Italy…..a lot of men were wearing pink…and they looked pretty real…

although…that was a long time ago…and pink is so out of style for men now….LOL

Real as in flesh and blood? Probably. But pink is not a manly color, and guys who wear it are effeminate.

Um, wrong.
          My father in law had a pink shirt, as well as a pink SUIT he wore for years, and by the many women who threw, and still DO throw themselves at him, and the way he’s reciprocated, *effeminate* is nothing of the sort when he’s wearing either.

You might not like it personally on a man, but it’s hardly effeminate on every single man.

Pink is associated with women and femaleness for a reason. Honestly, I don’t know what the reason is, but your average person will associate pink with female, and it’s not a man’s color. It never has been until the fashion designers decided to add another ridiculous creation to their repertoire.

But anyway, I didn’t mean to get political here. I agree – yellow on eyes on the OW would be a slight improvement. But I still don’t like the color.

(not debating, i just find this fascinating!)

actualy, pink was originaly worn by men and considered the color of nobles since the only ones allowed to wear it were by nobles.

and then through out our later centries pink has shown up in other pieces of cloaths that men would wear. perhaps the difference is in creed. men of the working class have allways thought of the rich class as pansies and not REAL men…and it is the rich class that until recent centries wore colors such as pink.

Skigod377
          Participant

KoishiiKitty wrote:

actualy, pink was originaly worn by men and considered the color of nobles since the only ones allowed to wear it were by nobles.

I am pretty sure that was purple, not pink.

Elena
            Participant

Shades of Red were considered valuble as well since it was hard to get a really good red that wasn’t ‘earthy’

KoishiiKitty
              Participant

skigod377 wrote:

KoishiiKitty wrote:

I am pretty sure that was purple, not pink.

as fox feather siad, shades of red too. when people found ways to die more shades of colors, like Pinks, Pink became very popular with noble men. in the 16’th centry especialy.
                http://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/WebMedia/Images/13/NG1314/eNG1314.jpg

as seen here in this 16’th centry painting,this nobleman is wearing silk died pink. other paintings as well point to it’s popularity among the men.

Skigod377
                Participant

He looks so handsome!

Maria
                  Participant

Nice pic, Koishii. I guess it depends on the shade of pink. All things in moderation, after all.

KoishiiKitty
                    Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Nice pic, Koishii. I guess it depends on the shade of pink. All things in moderation, after all.

yes! I agree with that. I really love all colors, it just depends on what they are used on, how much, and what tones with what other colors. I get very critical if something does not look right because the color is too loud.

Elena
                      Participant

KoishiiKitty wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

yes! I agree with that. I really love all colors, it just depends on what they are used on, how much, and what tones with what other colors. I get very critical if something does not look right because the color is too loud.

Yes! I love all colors but sometimes they are used in really eye-blinding ways

I asked my bf if he would wear pink and he didn’t answer me. Which it is ok by me if he doesn’t wear pink… Cause I tend to think that Biker guys shouldn’t wear Pink.

Starbreeze
                        Participant

I think I’ll have to agree!! πŸ˜†

my hubbys colors,black and more black,maybe some dark blue and dark gray πŸ˜† and i would buy a pink dragon,but i think i agree that i would like to see some first,as for eye colors im thinking,light yellow,light green,lavender and grey πŸ˜›

siberakh1
                          Participant

I could deal with a small pink dragon, like a curlie perhaps, but that is about it I think. Not too keen on the color and a big dragon just wouldn’t appeal to me.

hmm now im thinking on testing that,i shall have to buy a few pyo dragons and paint them in pinks,hey is little pink dragons anything like little pink elephants ❓ 😈 πŸ˜†

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 290 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.