fbpx

pink dragons

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody pink dragons

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 290 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie
    Participant

Sorry that we took over the thread! oops!

Amarillo is just plain goofy!

BDW
      Participant

I just found a link to Ski’s pink scratcher<Click
        Now that’s a beautiful pink. Just look at those creamy colors 😯

Starbreeze
        Participant

Serenity wrote:

Threads hardly ever stay on topic. Half the fun is watching to see where they wander off to!!! πŸ˜†

frozendragon
          Participant

Serenity wrote:

yeah it is….John was telling me he was here once….and he thinks it’s a little different too..

and all of us take over threads…

ones that we don’t go off subject on are usually stickied ones or…they say in the first post to please keep on track….the rest are usually just a jumble…we go on and off subject all the time

Stephanie
            Participant

lol, that is true! It has been a while since I have been to a busy bulliten board or Forum.

I think the only true road that stays the same is I-40! I live on the older part of town (close to washintion) and the streets are SO narrow! I hate it.
              Did you know that Julian Blvd was once the airport?

Maria
              Participant

Serenity wrote:

Yeah, Amarillo is just strange all over, from some of its people… to the way the roads lay out… HOW can ONE street change its name 4 times and never turn? and WHY are some streets the same name and go all over the place?

Wolfen said the same thing about the streets in Houston…

Maebnus
                Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Serenity wrote:

Yeah, Amarillo is just strange all over, from some of its people… to the way the roads lay out… HOW can ONE street change its name 4 times and never turn? and WHY are some streets the same name and go all over the place?

Same here in Omaha. I thought it was just the idiots here that did that (never dealt with it anywhere else I’ve lived), but I guess there’s stupid people everywhere naming streets and doing road construction πŸ™„

lamortefille
                  Participant

frozendragon wrote:

Serenity wrote:

Yeah… I know! lol

Did you move here or born and raised?

moved here…from New Jersey…

no matter how long you live here…if you weren’t born here…things just don’t make sense

Now that’s saying something! You think living in NJ would have taught you about weird… 😯 πŸ˜†

Skigod377
                    Participant

Blackdesertwind wrote:

I’m not a person that likes pink…but I must say that Ski’s pink scratcher is the best I seen so far.
                      Ski maybe you can post a good picture of him? I do not remember where he was posted.

Sorry… I am not on too much anymore. Have alot going on.

Travistie
                      Participant

Maebnus3 wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Serenity wrote:

Same here in Omaha. I thought it was just the idiots here that did that (never dealt with it anywhere else I’ve lived), but I guess there’s stupid people everywhere naming streets and doing road construction πŸ™„

You think it’s bad there. You outta come out to Atlanta some time. Freakin construction everywhere all times of the year! They’re constantly putting in new subdivisions. And strip malls! Gad, they’re putting too many of those up too fast. They rip down tons of trees for them, and they’re just sitting there vacant. πŸ™„

The streets here are similar to Amarillo I guess. You can make a turn and still be on the same street… or you can keep going straight, and then be on a different street name! I get so confused here. That’s why I let my husband do most of the driving. I only drive to and from work and the mall!

Travistie
                        Participant

skigod377 wrote:

Blackdesertwind wrote:

I’m not a person that likes pink…but I must say that Ski’s pink scratcher is the best I seen so far.
                          Ski maybe you can post a good picture of him? I do not remember where he was posted.

Sorry… I am not on too much anymore. Have alot going on.

I do really love Ski’s pink Scratcher. The shell pink is just perfect with those green eyes.

I got my pink curlie over the weekend… and LOVE him! He is a medium pink, like the one lamortefille has. It’s beautiful with the gold detailing, and that little greenish yellow eye. Sooooo cute! πŸ˜€

Stephanie
                          Participant

travistie wrote:

Maebnus3 wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Serenity wrote:

You think it’s bad there. You outta come out to Atlanta some time. Freakin construction everywhere all times of the year! They’re constantly putting in new subdivisions. And strip malls! Gad, they’re putting too many of those up too fast. They rip down tons of trees for them, and they’re just sitting there vacant. πŸ™„

The streets here are similar to Amarillo I guess. You can make a turn and still be on the same street… or you can keep going straight, and then be on a different street name! I get so confused here. That’s why I let my husband do most of the driving. I only drive to and from work and the mall!

Atlanta GA? Been there once, sorta… flew into the Naval Air base on the way home… (Ex husband was in the Navy) and we had one person to drop off there on our “Christmas Slay Ride” home. Man that was a day! We flew from Gauntanamo Bay Cuba to Jacksonville FL to Willows Grove PA to Atlanta GA to end up finally at Loves Field in Dallas TX so that we could drive the rest of the way here, Amarillo Tx. Talk about having jet lag! lol

Travistie
                            Participant

Serenity wrote:

Atlanta GA? Been there once, sorta… flew into the Naval Air base on the way home… (Ex husband was in the Navy) and we had one person to drop off there on our “Christmas Slay Ride” home. Man that was a day! We flew from Gauntanamo Bay Cuba to Jacksonville FL to Willows Grove PA to Atlanta GA to end up finally at Loves Field in Dallas TX so that we could drive the rest of the way here, Amarillo Tx. Talk about having jet lag! lol

Wow, that sounds like it was a lot of fun πŸ˜†

At least you didn’t have to actually drive through Atlanta though… which is notorious for bad traffic. I’m sure Nam knows what I’m talking about! I have about a dozen different ways to get home from work… but each one I tried was just as backed up as the other. There is no getting away from it. The traffic is the only thing I hate about living here. My husband used to live in the Houston area before we got married, and he said traffic was pretty bad there too.

Jennifer
                              Keymaster

travistie wrote:

Serenity wrote:

Wow, that sounds like it was a lot of fun πŸ˜†

At least you didn’t have to actually drive through Atlanta though… which is notorious for bad traffic. I’m sure Nam knows what I’m talking about! I have about a dozen different ways to get home from work… but each one I tried was just as backed up as the other. There is no getting away from it. The traffic is the only thing I hate about living here. My husband used to live in the Houston area before we got married, and he said traffic was pretty bad there too.

I’m not actually in Atlanta, though I may as well be (I’m about 45 miles from downtown). The traffic here has grown so much just in the last 1.5 years I’ve lived here it’s getting ridiculous. I’ve watched as a rural area where we live has very, very quickly been bulldozed and all around new housing communities and strip malls have popped up. I’m not joking when I say that I’ve seen at least 40 housing developments go up, ranging from perhaps 20 acres, to hundreds each! It’s actually really depressing. We call it “Atlanta cancer”.

I lived in Houston before this and though the development was bad, it didn’t seem this bad. Houston just seemed a lot dirtier… perhaps I just didn’t notice the development because it was already so crowded and undesirable to me. πŸ˜‰ Here in GA at least, before they bulldozed it all down, there was a lot of forest and wildlife that I miss!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                                My art: featherdust.com

Purplecat
                                Participant

I’ve been wanting to visit Savannah, GA for a while now. A good portion of my dad’s side of the family lives there but I’ve not yet had the chance to go. I’ll make it eventually, but traveling with a family of five is a major affair when it happens! πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 290 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.