fbpx

Peacock Questions

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Peacock Questions

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Starbreeze
    Participant

Here are the peacock photos. I really can’t capture the variation in the colors very well. πŸ˜•

wolflodge100
      Participant

Nice picture! Your fledgeling really looks different, I don’t think I’veseen one like that before

Tiffany
        Participant

my fledge looks like that too! there were two versions: one with a purple chest like the empress and scratcher, and a “newer” one that had a blue/green chest with dark purple down the middle. heres a contrasty pic of mine.. its a little brighter than real life but it gives you an idea. i may take better pics of him tonight for y’all. this shows him with my peacock young, which was NIB right when they were retired, so he’s the “new” old peacock, lol!

[img][/img]

wolflodge100 wrote:

Nice picture! Your fledgeling really looks different, I don’t think I’ve seen one like that before

Wow, that’s what I was thinking, too, wolf.
          So there are 3 distinctly different variations of peacock. Not that I was doubting, πŸ˜‰ but I don’t think I’ve ever seen the third one.
          Here are a couple more shots of the old vs new. I used the sitting spectral and my old male, taken outside. (but it’s still kinda overcast, so no real good light….)

And another side by side of my 2 youngs in the “old” peacock, also taken outside…

lamortefille
          Participant

I can see the differences, star. The riser and fledgie look like a cross between peacock and intense violet em peas.

lamortefille
            Participant

That’s a lovely old male, tasgrs:-)

lamortefille wrote:

Thank you! He does look pretty good for his age. πŸ˜‰

And funny thing here. After having this discussion on the variations, my Peacock Riser arrived this afternoon, and sure enough, he appears to be the third variation. He has more green on his chest than the sitting. I took pictures, but they’re indoors and using a flash so they aren’t enough contrast for me. I’m gonna wait for the sun to come back before attempting outside shots again. πŸ˜›

lamortefille
              Participant

tasgrs wrote:

lamortefille wrote:

Thank you! He does look pretty good for his age. πŸ˜‰

And funny thing here. After having this discussion on the variations, my Peacock Riser arrived this afternoon, and sure enough, he appears to be the third variation. He has more green on his chest than the sitting. I took pictures, but they’re indoors and using a flash so they aren’t enough contrast for me. I’m gonna wait for the sun to come back before attempting outside shots again. πŸ˜›

Danged weather….we could be waiting a loooong time. πŸ™„ πŸ˜†

It looks like a couple of days at the rate we’re going.
                Gimme a few, and I’ll upload the ones I took with the flash this afternoon….soon as I get off the phone. πŸ˜‰

Okay, here’s a couple of pictures. Remember they aren’t the greatest…. πŸ˜›

lamortefille
                Participant

They are pretty and the riser is esp. lovely, but I still love the original peacocks the best. πŸ˜€

Out of all the “newer” Peacocks, I think the riser is actually the closest to the old color so far. Since he just got here this afternoon, I haven’t had the chance to see him in the bright sunlight. I’m kinda torn between which one I like better. I like the newer colors because they’re brighter, and the blue is closer to the royal blue, which is my favorite color. On the other hand, I like the shading of green and different purples on the old color. Which is probably why I fell for the new Em Peas. πŸ˜‰ The best of BOTH worlds! πŸ˜†
                  The most surprising thing of all to me was the color my husband has decided he likes out of all the dragons. He loves green, and emerald would be his favorite shade. So I figured he’d really like the Em Peas. He does, but he said he actually likes the Red Fire OW most of all. And I gotta admit, he is an eye catcher. I love the dark shading around his eyes. πŸ˜€

lamortefille
                  Participant

I agree…the red fires are very eye-catching! It gets harder and harder which ones to choose….if you have to choose….unless you win the lottery. πŸ˜†

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.