fbpx

Pay Pal Fees

Home Forums Administration Flea Market Pay Pal Fees

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author

I discovered a couple of weeks ago how to send money without incurring Paypal fees for the sender or the recipient, which could come in handy when buying or selling items through the forum. I purchased a couple of Windstones from forum members, and what I did was went to Paypal, and clicked on “SEND MONEY”, then there is a tab that is automatically defaulted for business reasons, but you can click on the “PERSONAL” tab, and then select from a group of reasons for sending payment. I selected “PAYMENT OWED” as the most appropriate reason, but it doesn’t matter what you select for reason, and then in the subject line, I put “PAYMENT OWED FOR_____________________(item I purchased)”. Then in the message area, I put my name and shipping address. No fees! Maybe most of you already know this, but I thought I would pass this on, in case there were some who didn’t know it, and this information would be useful. 😀

I didn’t know that…awesome!

Nicole
    Participant

All this time…..darn it 🙄 😀 good to know

neither did I! That’s great, thank you so much for the info. 😀

Lokie
      Participant

No fees for the recipient? Sounds great! However, I wonder if you file a claim, though, say you need a chargeback or something, if not doing it the business way makes a difference?

Thank’s Lokie, I didn’t know that either!

*scribbles this down* Thank you! I had no idea!

Lokie wrote:

No fees for the recipient? Sounds great! However, I wonder if you file a claim, though, say you need a chargeback or something, if not doing it the business way makes a difference?

Good question.

Maybe only use it for transactions that you feel are relatively safe?

I have learned that this is a pretty tight knit group. Word gets out quick around here. :yes:

Abatos (if you’re still reading this thread), did you by any chance receive the Private Message (PM) from me? I’m trying to familiarize myself with the new boards (settings, private messages, etc.) and you were my first attempt.

Oh and thank you 49ER. My thoughts: PayBay = A little to greedy for my blood.

~Hoofer

jackid55
        Participant

Thanks for letting me know! 😀

Hoofer wrote:

My thoughts: PayBay = A little to greedy for my blood.

~Hoofer

My thoughts too, Hoofer. Good to see you!

Yes, if you are doing this with a TRUSTED person like a friend or family member or somebody you trust on the forum, then it is a good idea to do it “fee-free”. However, if you are a little uncomfortable, and want the transaction to be “buyer-protected” by Paypal, then you should do it as a “business purchase” so that you could file a Paypal claim if you had to, but with most of the forum members, I doubt that is something that we have to worry about, anyway. Of course, through Ebay, there is no way out of the fees, that I know of, and you probably would not want to get out of them, in case you are dealing with somebody unknown. 8)

Hoofer wrote:

Lokie wrote:

Good question.

Maybe only use it for transactions that you feel are relatively safe?

I have learned that this is a pretty tight knit group. Word gets out quick around here. :yes:

Abatos (if you’re still reading this thread), did you by any chance receive the Private Message (PM) from me? I’m trying to familiarize myself with the new boards (settings, private messages, etc.) and you were my first attempt.

Oh and thank you 49ER. My thoughts: PayBay = A little to greedy for my blood.

~Hoofer

Hello Hoofer :),

no, I unfortunately didn’t receive your message. No worries, could you please try again or reply to this thread?

Thank you :).

windstonefan
          Participant

I didn’t know that either! I will have to try it! Thanks Friend

windstonefan

Good to know–thanks for the info! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.