fbpx

Pastel Rainbow?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Pastel Rainbow?

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    tig3r06
    Participant

I liked the ebay variation of pastel rainbow better also, makes me wish i would have bid on the baby dragon.

Suzanne-Marie
      Participant

🎉Congrats Etruscan !!🌺
        I luv, luv the store new Pastel Rainbow; got a Curlie I adore !!!
        Yesterday got the Pastel Rainbow Lap. Dragon I haven’t opened yet….
        Cannot wait for the production Pastel Rainbow Old Warrior too !!
        Warmest ☀️ Hugs💙!!

Rylorien
        Participant

Thirded. I know they try to vary the color so that the limited production run isn’t the same as the test paint, but flip-flopping the colors just so that it matches the old rainbow more was a poor choice in my opinion. They looked much more pearly with the cooler colors prominent rather than the warmer colors. I would think with the kirin/griffin it wouldn’t make too much of a difference but with the dragons it’s very noticeable.

LZ
          Participant

I am still a fan of pastels in general but this is a good point. However, I was thinking earlier today that a pastel peacock to match the peacock scheme would be fabulous.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

merrillannwhite
            Participant

I really like the pastel mother I got, but I feel like it has more of the cooler colors than some of the other sculpts.  Probably because she is lying on her belly so less of it the warmer color area shows.  Same with the coiled mother which is the other one I really like in that color.  I think the coiled or curled would be prettier with an amethyst rather than a rose quartz stone to pick up the purples.

Nightcrow
              Participant

I agree; I liked the test paint version of PR better, from what I’ve seen in pictures.  It seemed brighter and ‘more pastel,’ and had a lot less pink/warm coloring.  The test paints made me think of a pearl with a rainbow sheen on top; the store ones make me think of a Rainbow dragon left in the sun too long.  They’re too similar, instead of being complementary.

It’s a pretty color!  But not as original or exciting as the test version, and so far I’ve been able to resist buying any pieces in it.

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

etruscan
                Participant

I don’t have a “Rainbow” Riser so I won’t be able to show the regular and pastel versions side by side.  Maybe someone else has pieces that they can compare.

At the moment I’m thinking that the “Pastel Rainbow” Riser will fit with my “Lavender Pearl” and “Shell Pink” Risers, the “Frostberry” Spectral, and maybe my white Riser and Spectral.  We’ll see when he gets here in a week or so.

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

I still want everything in this color… I’m just too poor to buy them all *wails*

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Landipan
                    Participant

I absolutely LOVE how much cool lavender is in the Mother Dragon RP, I just now looked at her picture and really hope when we get the RP Kirins that they also have a lot of those cooler tones and lavenders!

*Formerly meowmix101
                      Not currently open for PYO commissions.

merrillannwhite
                      Participant

You know, I went back and looked at the eBay pictures, and I think the difference is less about the colors being flipped, and more that the colors were even lighter than the colors on the store ones.  I think the lighter colors made them look more pearly, while the store colors look more metallic.  I still like them both though!

Azurielle
                        Participant

Well, I’ve got as many as I could afford right now and I adore them! Need to save up for the OW, Emp, and Secret Keeper now.

Keeper of the Fledgings

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.