fbpx

Pan's Labyrinth–POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Home Forums Miscellany Community Pan's Labyrinth–POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Akeyla
    Participant

LOVED it!
      What I liked best about it was the total anti mainstream(storywise and design/characterewise), so my opinion. of course a real nice more or less happyendpredictable mainstreamer is cool to if well rendered but I am happy that there can be something else too. Especially after Eragon kinda ruined my expectance of the future fantasy movies.
      okay, it was partially pretty graphic and I was happy that my screen was small and dark *cough dvd cough*, but still I stay with my comment that it is not splatter but somewhere the really brutal truth that can be found even in fairy tales. With exception of the one early scene that is, looked away then. Definitly not suited for children (even if they see harder stuff on tv and real life (exceptions)), despite the wonderful images and the general idea of what can be a childs fantasy world.
      and Pan is love! not the way I remembered him from the images (he was more sympa there) but still, lovely. and the chirping fairies 🙂 but thats enough, go watch it if you can (beware of graphicness) 🙂

I really really enjoyed it! I wish that there was more fantasy to it as well, but mr goat faun dude was great, I lvoed his voice.

I wish that the title in English was translated directly from Spanish…he’s not Pan, not at all!

The soundtrack….it’s so pretty, deep and stringy and fits the movie really well.

SPOILER

Is the childhood fantasy false? When the mother got sick again, it happened right after the mandrake was burned. And the doors through the walls? I think it leaves it up to the viewer to decide. :>

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.