fbpx

Overall luck with eBay–good, bad, or…?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Overall luck with eBay–good, bad, or…?

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Maebnus
    Participant

I’ve bought too many pieces to recall from Ebay… my overall experience has been very good. One shattered Emperor (due to the seller packing instead of the selling agent, who was the person I had talked to about proper packing), but I got a full refund with minimal fuss… and a PYO with some minor damage (I let it go after initial contact… I was too annoyed at the time to handle it well). I can’t complain with that record in oh… 6 years or so of Ebaying.

I’ve had okay luck. I’ve had things get through with awful packing and arrive with a small chip. I’ve had things that were packed okay for other items but, not for windstones. One arrived in many pieces. This was way before the forum. I tried to fix it myself, but, couldn’t. So I threw it out. If only I knew someone out there could have fixed it.

I’ve never ever won an insurance claim. Which is why I request that people don’t insure mine. It’s a waste of money and time. And often it just increases what I pay in customs.

I’ve also had things arrive in packing that isn’t good but, the windstone arrives in perfect condition.

I’ve learned to look at their feedback (even the positives) look for how the breakable items arrive. Alot of times the seller doesn’t care if the breakables arrive in one piece or not. Some I make sure to send a message to them through ebay and paypal about packing, but, the message on paypal is often overlooked. Others I just avoid altogether.

twindragonsmum
      Participant

I guess I’ve been really lucky…. All my ebay experiences have been good and I’ve purchased TONS of fragile, breakable, antique glass and it’s all arrived perfectly. Even my male dragon arrived safely, though not double boxed. I’m really picky about who I do business with and I ask lots of questions….. Good Luck!

twindragonsmum

tdm

darjeb
        Participant

I have bought numerous Windstones on ebay over the last 8 or 9 years and had good luck except for the emperor – I won two of them and USPS broke one and UPS broke the other but since they were insured I got my money back.

I’ve bought a lot of Windstones from ebay and have had only one damaged piece.*crossed fingers* The seller was inexperienced and apparently thought that if it was insured, it didn’t matter how it was packed! So he was very surprised when the P.O. refused to pay the claim because of the bad packing and then stopped communicating with me. I had paid by paypal, so I was able to file a claim and dispute which I won and then was also able to keep the piece.(Seller is no longer a seller!) Other than that, my experience has been very positive. But one seller took over a month to ship an emperor because he was traveling for his job all over the US and Canada. I wasn’t happy about that, but at least he kept communicating.

Jasmine
          Participant

Well, I’ve just had to file a dispute with Paypal because I haven’t received an item that I paid for over a month ago from a former forum member. Have sent several messages, no reply, filed the claim, no reply so I’ve turned it over to Paypal to try and contact her. I wish I’d known who she was before I bought it since others have also had bad experiences with her.

I’ve been an Ebay member (and junkie) for years and have only a couple of bad incidences. I think the good definitely outweigh the bad.

Pegasi1978
            Participant

Oh no Jasmine I’m so sorry that you still haven’t gotten your piece from whippet. Good luck getting things worked out.

Mostly my luck has been in as far as Ebay and Windstones go. Of the more than 80 I have purchased off there, only 2 have been damaged. One was packed very well, but I do believe the PO drop kicked it from truck to truck. πŸ˜• The other was wrapped in brown paper, and placed in a box just big enough for it to fit. Both had mild damage, and I kept them. πŸ™‚ I have only once had something that wasn’t mine come to me, and then I had to send it back, which I was reimbersed for, and wait for the other to get here. LOL It was sorta humorous. πŸ˜† Otherwise, eh, pretty much I just go by feedback, 98.5% pos or higher. And those with 98.5% I have to read the negatives to make up my mind wether it was just nasty people leaving nasty comments or actually the seller’s fault. πŸ˜‰

Well, so far, so good! The Peacock Mom and Spectral arrived this afternoon, and they’re *perfect*!! No chips, rubs; nothing! I’m doing the Happy Dance!
              Now I’m just waiting for the Peacock Hatcher, and the Red Fire OW I just won the other night. (I know, he’s gonna be the odd dragon out but I just couldn’t resist!) *wiping the drool from my keyboard now*
              Now if only I could scare up the cash for that Twilight SK!! WAAAAAH! πŸ™

Well, I was having a good day. My old green male, hatching, and young arrived today. All in the same box with just a little peanuts and trash bags. 😑 (wrapped in a layer of bubble wrap) The young’s head is completly broken off! They smell EXTREMLY awful. And the felt is sticky. (weird) I am so disappointed now. πŸ˜₯

kenziesmommy663 wrote:

Well, I was having a good day. My old green male, hatching, and young arrived today. All in the same box with just a little peanuts and trash bags. 😑 (wrapped in a layer of bubble wrap) The young’s head is completely broken off! They smell EXTREMLY awful. And the felt is sticky. (weird) I am so disappointed now. πŸ˜₯

Oh, no! πŸ˜₯ What will you do? And what do they smell like? Cigarettes?

When I opened the box the spectral came in today, I saw a bunch of crumpled newspapers, and bubble wrap, and all I could think was uh oh. But I was lucky. The mother was wrapped properly, though. Different sellers.

Stephanie
              Participant

kenziesmommy663 wrote:

Well, I was having a good day. My old green male, hatching, and young arrived today. All in the same box with just a little peanuts and trash bags. 😑 (wrapped in a layer of bubble wrap) The young’s head is completly broken off! They smell EXTREMLY awful. And the felt is sticky. (weird) I am so disappointed now. πŸ˜₯

Oh no! That’s terrible, I’m so sorry to hear that! *hugs*

Jasmine
                Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

Oh no Jasmine I’m so sorry that you still haven’t gotten your piece from whippet. Good luck getting things worked out.

Thanks Peg. I was really hoping to get that piece too. πŸ˜•

And I’m sorry you got a bad shipper Kenzie.

purpledragonclaw
                  Participant

Jasmine, I’m sorry to hear about your plight! I’d like to think that former forum members would know better. πŸ˜• Aah, Kenziesmommy, I’m sorry to hear about your experience too! Can Kyrin salvage the head? Can you get your money back? What are you planning to do?

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.