fbpx

OUCH

Home Forums Miscellany Community OUCH

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 373 total)
  • Author
    Purplecat
    Participant

haha! so true! 😆

frozendragon
      Participant

yup… totally…

course I don’t have a job… but I’m still trying.. and my bills are still paid…

and at least I’m getting things cleaned out at the same time…LOL

less stuff to move when I finally get to… 😀 😆

lamortefille
        Participant

I don’t mind the sharing of woes in general…if it gets to be too much, I just close the thread and move on.

My concern is people posting problems in the hope of getting a free giftie. My personal opinion is that we should offer to collect Forum wide only one time per person. After one gift, a card should be sufficient. If people are friends with each other IRL, they should do a collection privately after the first gift.

That’s just my 2¢, though.

Personally, I feel lucky that I don’t have many problems, even if it means I will never get a gift. 😉 😆

Anonymous

skigod377 wrote:

you have to do something for yourself or none of it is gonna get better.

QFT 💡

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

lamortefille wrote:

I don’t mind the sharing of woes in general…if it gets to be too much, I just close the thread and move on.

My concern is people posting problems in the hope of getting a free giftie. My personal opinion is that we should offer to collect Forum wide only one time per person. After one gift, a card should be sufficient. If people are friends with each other IRL, they should do a collection privately after the first gift.

That’s just my 2¢, though.

Personally, I feel lucky that I don’t have many problems, even if it means I will never get a gift. 😉 😆

I was having a conversation through PM about this and it’s sad to think that forum members would do such a thing. It’s very generous of Melody to want to give gifts to someone who is having a hard time as a pick me up, but it’s pretty awful if you want to try and garner sympathy just for that circumstance. Nobody should abuse kindness like that. I think it’s more then enough she started holding the raffles that everyone keeps bugging her about constantly. It honestly must be getting annoying. Being nice is more trouble then its worth for poor Melody if this is what comes of it.

Truthfully, the only thing that works for companies is like “customer appreciation” or something for when you spend a certain amount after so long you get a prize or an gift as a thank you for all the money you’ve spent. That way the only thing people can do to manipulate that is buy more stuff from the Windstone site, which in turn stimulates the companies growth. The only downfall is that people who don’t have much money to get Windstones in the first place suffer.

I guess it’s just hard to try and be nice these days. It’s too bad some people want to abuse that. Now I guess it’s my turn to bite my tounge now.

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

frozendragon
              Participant

yuppers…

oh did I forget to mention…

POOP…. 😈 😯 😆

lamortefille
                Participant

Wow frozen…your “spirits” are really acting up today! 😯 😆

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

Poop is a drink on Invader Zim

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Jennifer
                    Keymaster

Oh man I LOVE Invader Zim.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                      My art: featherdust.com

Andrea
                      Participant

Wow. I wasn’t the only one who was thinking this? I thought I was being callous, but it was also the reason I posted the thread about the things that you are proud of or going well in the lives of forum members.
                        I always try to keep a positive outlook. Even with the death of my little pony and now my colt 😥 I try to see the silver lining.
                        Shall we post a “Glad Game” thread?
                        Anyone watch Pollyanna?
                        Some people just can’t see the good in things though and it gets irritating when you try to give ideas to solve a problem, but there’s always an excuse about why it won’t work.
                        Anyway, I’m glad I’m not crazy! 😆

lamortefille
                        Participant

No crazier than the rest of us, anyway! 😛 😉 😆

Romeodanny wrote:

Even out west? The financial people (I’m too tired to think of what they are called) predicted that it wouldn’t affect the western provinces.

Not that predictions are right. Just last year they said that there would be no recession. Hum, what do you call this then?

It hit us a little bit, probably not as bad as other places, but in the non-educated job market, things just aren’t popping up. That might just be Edmonton though, I hear people in Grande Prairie are desperate for work, but I can afford even less to lose my apartment.

Well the one time I posted I was hoping for a bit of advice that I couldn’t get from someone who actually is family, because they are biased :roll:. I wasn’t trying to garner sympathy (if this has ANYTHING to do with my post at all) I just wanted some advice. I didn’t know how to have a nice birthday with my fiancee without spending $300 so that was the main thing – and it turns out we had a wonderful time – all for under $20. So hopefully no one thought I was trying to garner sympathy or anything.

Travistie
                          Participant

frozendragon wrote:

oh did I forget to mention…

POOP…. 😈 😯 😆

It’s good to have you back! 😆

Hey, did everyone see the new emoticons? I really like this one -> :spank:
                            I guess we can all thank Snap for this?

lamortefille
                            Participant

:weep: I like this one, too. 😀

Travistie
                              Participant

I missed that one at first! I had to scroll over to see him.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 373 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.