fbpx

ouch

Home Forums Miscellany Community ouch

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

Obviously this person doesn’t understand the idea of reserve pricing. I hope Ebay takes care of it and straightens them out.

The Castle [Dave wrote:

“]

Blackdesertwind wrote:

In his description he has the following written:
      “I will reserve the right to refuse any bid on this collection as I am far too aware of its value.”

Isn’t that against eBay rules and policies?
      After all the bids are legit, shouldn’t he honour them?
      There would have to be a reserve. If there is no reserve it would go to the highest bidder, even if that’s only $0.99. Refusing to sell it at that price would be a definite black mark.

The odd thing is that the other auction for the same thing has a minimum opening bid and (even in the title) the comment that offers are welcome. Presumably offers that are LESS than the opening bid, which means circumventing eBay… Now that is against eBay policy.

I’m not sure how eBay would take to someone having two auctions for the same set of statues, though. Almost makes me want to click on the “Report this item” button to find out…

I already did on both listings
      😈 😈

clicky pleaseGreen **Grey

BDW
      Participant

Look what I found:

Ending Your Listing Early

If you cannot complete your listing as planned, you can end your listing before the scheduled date. If there are bids on your item, you can cancel them.

Reasons for ending listings early include:

The item is no longer available for sale.

There was an error in the starting price or reserve amount.

There was an error in the listing.

The item was lost or broken.

Note: Your account will still be charged listing fees (such as the Insertion Fee) if you end your listing early. Consider revising your listing first if there are aspects of it you want to change or improve.

Timing Matters

When there are 12 hours or less remaining and the item has a winning bid, including a reserve met bid, sellers cannot make any changes to the listing, including:

Ending the item early. Sellers may cancel bids, but not end the item unless the item is being sold to the high bidder.

Adding to or changing the item description.

Note: Canceling bids or making changes to a listing with bids when there are 12 hours or less remaining, can damage the buyer experience and can undermine trust in the marketplace.

To end your listing early:

Type your item number into the End My Listing Early form. (You can get this number on your listing View Item Page, on your confirmation email, or on your My eBay page.)

If there are bids on your item, choose between:
        Cancel bids and end listing early or Sell item to high bidder(s) and end listing early
        If your item has no bids, you can skip this step.

Choose the reason you’re ending your listing early.

Your listing will end and will no longer be displayed on eBay. If there were bidders, they will be emailed that their bid will be canceled.

Note: Sellers are not permitted to cancel bids and end listings early in order to avoid selling an item that did not meet the desired sale price. This is considered to be reserve fee circumvention. Although there are legitimate reasons for ending a listing early, abuse of this option will be investigated.

I know it’s not funny… 😈 But I can picture the lady in a string of pearls, drinking tea with her pinky stuck out.

😯

Laurie
        Participant

lol, you bad!!!! 😈 😆 😆

Maria
          Participant

Huh, some seller that is. I’d be surprised if those sell.

BDW
            Participant

Do any of you remember when the auction was suposed to end for item #300240172550 (pegases family with the bids already on it.)?
              Because it is no longer available.

“This listing (300240172550) has been removed or is no longer available”

He either removed it or eBay did.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.