fbpx

OMFG Dinosaurs?!

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone OMFG Dinosaurs?!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

I have just come across the fact that there are WE dinosaurs.
    (I know, I know, in all my newbiness, it’s not hard to believe I just discovered such a simple fact.)

BUT OMFG DINOSAURS!!!! <3333333 -flails in happiness-

BUT, I wanted to know if I'm missing any!

I think I saw a tiger-striped Stegosaurus in the photobucket of the ebay auctions somewhere...

But in any case, these are the ones I've come across looking through the Astral Castle WE Catalog:

Baby Stegosaurus:
    http://astralcastle.com/windstone/wslist/babysteg2.htm

Baby Triceratops:
    http://astralcastle.com/windstone/wslist/babytricer2.htm

Hatching Maiasaur:
    http://astralcastle.com/windstone/wslist/hatchingmaiasaur2.htm

Hatching Protoceratops:
    http://astralcastle.com/windstone/wslist/hatchingprotoc2.htm

Hatching T-Rex:
    http://astralcastle.com/windstone/wslist/Hatchingtrex2.htm

Hatching Velociraptor:
    http://astralcastle.com/windstone/wslist/hatchingvraptor2.htm

Please post me pictures/links if you could point out others for me!
    I'm sure there are Limited production or test paints that will forever be out of my reach, but I would love to have a list here for future reference!

(and by all means, if I'm doing something wrong, smack me upside the head. Fastest way to learn, right? XD )

-heads back into the world of the internet in search of more beloved dinosaurs-

Scathach
    Participant

There are several on ebay now.

Life is beautiful.

littleironhorse
      Participant

OMG YES! -opens up a bazillion tabs to stare at these adorable little buggers for a while-

Thank you for the links!

Hmmm… I don’t think I would be able to convince hubby to buy me any dinos right now, but definitely nice to start getting a feel for how much they go for.
        -goes to find said Ebay auctions for logging purposes-

EDIT:
        For Logging:
        (these were snagged from comments on Ebay.

Baby Steg Pink #1 Valentine – Sold for $393 – Feb/12
        Baby Steg Pink #2 Valentine – Sold for $270 – Feb/12
        Baby Steg Silver #1 – Sold for $117.50 – Nov/11
        Baby Steg Bronze #1 – Sold for $137.50 – Oct/11
        Baby Steg Tiger (#2) – Sold for $206.17 – Sept/11
        Baby Steg Bronze Patina #1 – Sold for $106.06 – Sept/11
        Baby Steg Copper Patina #1 – Sold for $390 – Aug/11

Zelda
        Participant

I adore the dinosaurs 🙂 It took me years but I’ve added all of the regular production pieces to my collection, along with these beauties!
          Photobucket
          Photobucket
          Melody has described these as very early versions of the baby dinos, and if I remember right she wasn’t sure how they made it out into the world! I found them on Ebay, go figure 🙂

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Pam

Yay! Another dino fan!

Also, wow zelda, I am jealous of your OLD tric and steg, I think they are beautiful! :bigsmile: Does the steg actually have stripes?

OMG those are absolutely adorable!
            I love that older mold, too! The head-up on the Triceratops gives him a smug look, hahaha! Too cute!

What an awesome find!

Pam

Melody also made a monoclonius, but I have never seen a casting of it, only the old rubber mold for it. I want to have the casters poor one if I find the mold again.

OMG that would be so cool to see!

I looooove the ceratopsian dinosaurs! They’re my absolute favorite <3

EDIT:
              If you do find them, you should definitely share! Even if they don't become available, I always love to see someone's interpretation of how the dinosaur could have looked like!

Pam

My favorite kinds are the hadrosaurs and sauropods.

Do you collect any non-windstone dinos?

Oh, those are awesome too! There are so many interesting creatures to study, it’s always hard to choose just one, right? XD

Unfortunately no. Both me and hubby have that ‘itch’ for collecting, but we have had it under control for the most part. We have a nice selection of books and movies, and just recently actually started up (an alarmingly quickly growing, I might add! O_O ) dice collection!

But other than my dinosaur encyclopedia I do not have any dinosaur collections (for now >) )
                But I shall have a collection of Windstones soon! Hahaha, I can’t help myself. They’re just so lovely <3

EDIT:
                Do you have a collection?! You should share if you do!
                I mean, if you have pics of them and it wouldn't be inconvenient, of course <3

Sirithiliel
                Participant

I am a big dinosaur fan. Love to draw them. That triceratops is utterly adorable!

Zelda
                  Participant

Pam, the Stegosaurus does have some really faint stripes on his back leg and the base of his tail. I would *love* to see the Monoclonius sculpt, even if there’s only a picture of it somewhere (and even though it may not be a valid species anymore, eek!).

Darkmoon Dancer, sorry if the picture is confusing, but the early Triceratops doesn’t have his head higher than the production sculpt – the piece is just tipped up because of the poof of the chair cushion! However there are some major differences in the sculpts the pictures don’t convey. Neither of these have a felt pad, a Windstone stamp, or even a finished bottom! The bases are a little uneven and you can see where the bubbles popped through the hardening gypsum stone. The Stegosaurus has his signature plate from Melody higher up on his tail, and the Triceratops is marked “1984 M. Pena” on his signature plate, but the production version is marked “Pena 93”.

The museum I work for used to sell the hatching Protoceratops and Maiasaura years before I came on board. I wish they were still in production, they were apparently hot items in the gift shop!

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

@ Sirithiliel – Oh you draw? That’s awesome! You’ll have to share sometime!
                    I draw too, but I’m going through so many style crises that I have yet to settle on a favorite LOL!

@ Zelda – Oh really? -looks again- Ahhhh yes. I see now!
                    Hahaha, makes me feel silly. >.>
                    That’s an awesome find, though! Love how unique they are.

I bet they sold like crazy! Those Maiasaurs are soooo cute. Even got hubby to agree with how cute they are! Hahaha.

Sirithiliel
                    Participant

@ Sirithiliel – Oh you draw? That’s awesome! You’ll have to share sometime!
                      I draw too, but I’m going through so many style crises that I have yet to settle on a favorite LOL!

@ Zelda – Oh really? -looks again- Ahhhh yes. I see now!
                      Hahaha, makes me feel silly. >.>
                      That’s an awesome find, though! Love how unique they are.

I bet they sold like crazy! Those Maiasaurs are soooo cute. Even got hubby to agree with how cute they are! Hahaha.

Yup. I’ve actually published a dinosaur alphabet book that I drew for my niece =) I’ll share the link to it when I get home

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.